PDA

View Full Version : 3 months at LHC.....and is this waist?

Sisgoldenhair65
June 21st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Good evening, friends!! Well, I can't believe it's been 3 months since I became a member here and my hair has really improved! This is thanks to all of the sound advice and information I have learned here so far. So far I have adopted the CWC method, NO heat, no brushing, wooden combs, stretching washes to 1-2x per week, hair friendly accessories such as hair sticks, spin pins, flexi's and I even went back to scrunchies (I thought I would never see that day!). My hair still has a loooong way to go to my ultimate goal of blunt classic length but I am actually enjoying the ride despite a few frantic threads asking for help...like, my CO disaster and velcro ends following some low-lights to help blend my regrowth. Speaking of regrowth, I can't even believe I'm giving up my blondeness for hair health. I have about 1 1/2" of dark ash blonde regrowth that isn't visible in the pic. A year ago I would've NEVER even considered this!! I'm not even http://i.imgur.com/XV6VK.jpg[/IMG]self conscience of it at all. In fact, the more regrowth I see the happier and more excited I get!! Soooo, as you can see I still have some miserable layers left at the bottom. They don't work well at all for my hair type so I've been slowly trimming them (just had 3", the longest layer chopped). Once again if not for LHC I would never have known that as I never looked at the back of my hair...go figure!! Anyway, do any of you have any suggestions as to how to get to my goal getting rid of layers? I was going to do Spidermom's technique of a 1/2" trim every 4 months. Well, time for me to end this novel of a thread. I'm just so happy to be here!! Thank you, LHC!!

P.S....in the pic my hair has 2 day old braid waves...and sorry if I was rambling. I'm not a very talented writer.

ETA: I don't know why the pic showed up in the middle of the post. I'm sooo bad at this. Lol. At least i learned how to resize and it not humongous like my other pic threads! Lol.

Quixii
June 21st, 2012, 07:14 PM
It looks like you're just exactly at waist! Congrats on the length and all the health improvements! :D

Sisgoldenhair65
June 21st, 2012, 07:23 PM
Thank you, Quixii!! Your hair is amazing and quite an inspiration. I can't wait to get there (if the hair Gods allow....pleease!).

meishkamooshka
June 21st, 2012, 07:26 PM
Definitely waist! And I'm so very happy for your success! :D

Carissamarie08
June 21st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Your hair looks good! And that's waist !

Sisgoldenhair65
June 21st, 2012, 07:35 PM
Thank you, Meish...I didn't primp my hair at all for the pic. I just whipped it out of a scrunchie, fluffed it some and that's what I got. It's actually the first pic I ever had taken of my hair by anyone else besides myself. I think my DD has a new "chore" around here. Lol

Sisgoldenhair65
June 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
And yes, I guess it is waist... but I have to be honest, it's not much of a feat since I'm really short (5') with a short torso. It's only 25.5 inches! Lol

Amygirl8
June 21st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Waist for sure!
Great job, your hair looks fantastic! =D

BrightEyes
June 21st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Your hair is beautiful, it looks so thick and I love the texture.

That's so cool that you are embracing your natural color! It's always inspiring to me to see people grow out their hair dye or bleach (especially highlights). Good luck!

Falcore
June 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM
Congrats on reaching waist!

justgreen
June 21st, 2012, 10:42 PM
Hey welcome to the boards with your pretty waist length hair! :flower:

Sisgoldenhair65
June 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Thank you, everyone! I forgot to mention in my post how awesome coconut oil has been for my hair!! I would never have found it if I didn't find LHC! I grew the last 3 yrs from chin blindly but the next 3 yrs to classic is going to be very hair educated and so much fun with all of my friends here!

spidermom
June 22nd, 2012, 11:31 AM
I agree with "exactly waist". Happy growing!

SpinDance
June 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome and congratulations on reaching waist!

jacqueline101
June 22nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Your hair looks great.

Sisgoldenhair65
June 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Thank you, everyone. I have a lot of growing to do!

@Spidermom...I been watching your thread and I'm so happy you have decided not to cut too much! You and your hair are beautiful and you are one of my top hair idols here, especially since you started growing in your mid 40's like me. The pic of your epic split end was pretty awesome, too. Lol I think we've all had some of those on our heads!

riceball
June 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Yay congratulations on growing out natural! This has been really hard for me. I have tried on and off for maybe 6 years to give up bleaches and dyes..very difficult! But I am with you, I am actually EXCITED to see the regrowth!

Also congratulations on waist length! :cheese:

MintChocChip
June 22nd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Looks like waist to me! :D Congrats! Love how thick your hair is by the way!

faellen
June 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Yes looks like waist to me! Congrats! :)

I'm also sacrificing dye for hair health! (And I'm also dark ash blonde/light ash brown!)
Good luck on your journey!

Sisgoldenhair65
June 22nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
@riceball....well, yes this growing out color thing is sure going to be interesting. Right now it's still in the hide able stage. Head bands, french braids and dutch braids all hide a lot. I will see you in the "growing out color" thread!! :) We can do this!!

@faellen...that's some amazing growth for a few months. I had to check the dates on your pics twice! Congrats!!

Thank you, everyone!!