PDA

View Full Version : Hair troubles...

Amygirl8
June 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
OK, so next week, I have a major, major ceremony going on, and I'm having a problem trying to style my hair for it.

The big issue is that I can't do any overnight curls, because there is a three hour rehearsal in the morning, and then they give us two hours to go home, change and come back.

Anyways, I can't figure out what I want to do. I really don't want to do an updo, mostly because I want my length to be displayed and because my updo skills are limited to a messy cinnamon bun :rolleyes: I also don't want it all down, since it'd be annoying. (I also can't do a half-up, my hair is so fine it creates a HUGE HUGE HUGE tangle when I attempt to section off hair)

So I'm definitely having a lot of trouble with this. I've tried a sock bun ponytail on the side with a flower hair clip and curled ends (I do that with the rag curl method left in place for half an hour) but I'm not sure if I like it, since the bun sticks out like madness -_-

My big issue is that I can't find many styles for the side that leave a reasonable amount of length (to be curled) and don't require sectioning.
Since you guys are all pretty much style gurus, can you help me out?

Some pics:

The sock bun ponytail:
http://i50.tinypic.com/975qio.jpg

My dress:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivbgpu.jpg

Sorry if I'm ranting a bit, it's just that I've been trying out different things for the past two weeks and I'm getting frustrated :P
Thanks for your help in advance!

LaFlor
June 21st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Could you do something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFySYM6sDjg ?

It's so easy, it would display your length, and you could still add your flower :D

embee
June 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Did not see the video. Maybe you can make a braid on the side instead of the sock bun, but leave the tassel really long, and then you can decorate either at the top or where your elastic is. Your length will show but your hair won't be all over the place.

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2012, 11:22 AM
I say the side braid and flower look cute together.

Hollyfire3
June 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM
How about doing the curls the night before and just wearing to the rehersal either still in rags (for rag curls), still in the sock or whatever method you use with a cap over them or taking them out and letting them loosen? Then, you will have curls for the ceremony too.

Amygirl8
June 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the ideas, guys! :]

How about doing the curls the night before and just wearing to the rehersal either still in rags (for rag curls), still in the sock or whatever method you use with a cap over them or taking them out and letting them loosen? Then, you will have curls for the ceremony too.
The curls really aren't an issue, since I can get them in the half hour. I'm really more concerned about the style.
(Plus I would never go with rags in my hair :neutral: my friends would murder me (long story))

Hollyfire3
June 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the ideas, guys! :]

The curls really aren't an issue, since I can get them in the half hour. I'm really more concerned about the style.
(Plus I would never go with rags in my hair :neutral: my friends would murder me (long story))

Oh alright, sorry, I misunderstood. In that case, i really like the side ponytail idea, its easy and very pretty, especially when dressed up with an accent braid and a flower. Friends are silly like that sometimes...I just figured if you would be willing to go out with rags on, why not do it?;)

door72067
June 21st, 2012, 12:25 PM
maybe a rope braid beginning on one side and traveling to the other with the tassel loose and curled

Tisiloves
June 21st, 2012, 12:35 PM
How about a diagonal Dutch or French plait, but tied off at the hairline? Fancy-ish and flower incorperative.

Hollyfire3
June 21st, 2012, 12:39 PM
How about a diagonal Dutch or French plait, but tied off at the hairline? Fancy-ish and flower incorperative.

I'm wearing one of these right now..Katniss braid anyone? They're SO pretty...and Hunger Games relatedly awsome...lol

Amygirl8
June 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
maybe a rope braid beginning on one side and traveling to the other with the tassel loose and curled

They sound doable. I'll have to practice XD

Thanks for all the help, everyone! :)

catamonica
June 30th, 2012, 01:52 AM
You could damp braid your hair, the night before. Then you will have beautiful braid waves.