PDA

View Full Version : Do scalp massages really help with growth?

Fluffy01
June 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM
It is so hard for me to start a new routine, but dang it, I really want long hair :lol:

Do you notice a significant difference in growth when you scalp massage?

I honestly thought that once I got pregnant my hair would take off like wildfire, but that hasn't really been the case. So I'm back to square one again trying to figure out how to speed up growth (safely of course). I want my little girl to have a mommy with really long hair! :)

Carissamarie08
June 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM
I do scalp massages but I haven't really noticed if that is what causes my hair to grow faster or not. It's to hard to tell because I also do other things like take vitamins and such.

akilina
June 21st, 2012, 08:55 AM
I like to do scalp massages with a blend I made of mostly Castor oil, some Sweet almond oil, tea tree oil, and rosemary EO. I have been thinking of adding a few drops of some kind of mint EO. I just received "Vatika coconut oil". It is a blend of indian herbs and some other good stuff that really promotes hair growth. It hasn't been long enough for me to tell if it works but just the act of the nice massage and the oils and EOs feels good. It stimulates growth so in the big picture of things I can see it helping rather than harming.

louzen
June 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
I do scalp massages morning and night, along with a bunch of other things to help stimulate growth so I'm unsure whether it has been the scalp massages specifically. Although the theory is the massages are supposed to stimulate the blood circulation to your scalp, thus promoting hair growth.

Although, I have noticed a significant improvement since using a BBB in terms of hair quality and volume :)

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure if they promote rapid growth but they increase blood flow to the scalp.

Fluffy01
June 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
I do scalp massages morning and night, along with a bunch of other things to help stimulate growth so I'm unsure whether it has been the scalp massages specifically. Although the theory is the massages are supposed to stimulate the blood circulation to your scalp, thus promoting hair growth.

Although, I have noticed a significant improvement since using a BBB in terms of hair quality and volume :)

I'm a curly, so unfortunately me and BBBs don't get along right now....maybe when my hair is longer, and I want a smoother hairdo to put it up. ;)

It seems like the consensus thus far tho is no one knows for sure hmmm?

Avital88
June 21st, 2012, 01:23 PM
what works alot for me is working out, a lot! but as you say that you are pregnant that isnt really possible right now..
Scalp massages are known to help with hairgrowth,but not so significant that you will have super long hair once the baby is there..
Patience is the key, alot of it .. unfortunately
Happy growing

Fluffy01
June 21st, 2012, 01:27 PM
what works alot for me is working out, a lot! but as you say that you are pregnant that isnt really possible right now..
Scalp massages are known to help with hairgrowth,but not so significant that you will have super long hair once the baby is there..
Patience is the key, alot of it .. unfortunately
Happy growing

Well I do walk every morning, but not vigorous enough to promote hair growth I'm sure. I just hope my hair keeps growing during breastfeeding instead of stalling and shedding like I've heard from some people.

letibear
June 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM
Like the others, I use a combination of healthy diet/exercise/vitamins to help my hair, so I am not sure how much growth is related to scalp massages (if at all). But at least we do know that it does stimulate circulation to the scalp, and is very relaxing on top of it :D

Anything that can help relieve stress is beneficial to your hair IMO ^_^

auburntressed
June 21st, 2012, 01:44 PM
I don't think they help hairgrowth significantly. Just a little. But they definitely help headaches, so I often do them.

MestizoGypsy
June 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Newbie again- what does BBB stand for?

Fluffy01
June 21st, 2012, 01:52 PM
Newbie again- what does BBB stand for?

Boar Bristle Brush :)