PDA

View Full Version : My 3 year hair update/anniversary!

LaFlor
June 21st, 2012, 07:09 AM
So I've been on LHC for 3 years now! :happydance:

Summer 2009 : Permed & highlighted - a little short of BSL

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3617&pictureid=46928

Summer 2012: Current Length- no perm!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282954_4095868165177_209262183_n.jpg

The color is really off in the second picture... I used our crappy cellphone in afternoon light :( My hair is much warmer.

My hair hasn't changed much in length, but I grew out the perm and the streaky highlights I had. I got rid of the damage with a few haircuts spaced out over the course of a couple years... taking off about 5 inches at each cut.

From there I did a few extra haircuts to put in layers, take them out, and put them in again... I've lost some length thanks to my need to have or not have layers...

I also had some natural looking highlights put in about 6 months ago. I plan on getting them touched up soon.

My hair care routine has fluctuated a lot over the years. I've also been in an experimenting mood the last week or so, so I'm not sure exactly where I'm at. But for the most part I've been using pantene about 2 times a week and trying to stretch washes.

I don't use heat on my hair and use a wide tooth comb to comb it out!

I don't plan on cutting anymore, I would really like to grow with what I have and just continue with highlights and an occasional trim. Although I will probably get my layers redone when it gets longer. I think they look like they need some attention!

That about sums it up :D

Falcore
June 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Congrats on three years!

It looks beautiful and you've done well to now have no perm in it.

Ticky
June 21st, 2012, 07:20 AM
Congratulations! It looks so nice :)

Lucky_Lucy
June 21st, 2012, 07:44 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks awesome!<3

CurlyMopTop
June 21st, 2012, 07:53 AM
Congrats! It takes a lot of discipline and patience to grow and chop, grow and chop all for the sake of healthier hair. It's a great feeling to be rid of damage or layers (or whatever your trying to cut out of your hair). Happy growing! :D

BrightEyes
June 21st, 2012, 07:59 AM
Your hair is beautiful, it looks so soft and silky. Congrats!:)

1nuitblanche
June 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
Your hair looks good! Nice growing.

LaFlor
June 21st, 2012, 09:20 AM
thanks everyone :blossom:

onlyforhim
June 21st, 2012, 09:33 AM
it looks very pretty

SerinaDaith
June 21st, 2012, 09:43 AM
Lively growth! You give my short haired self some hope of hair!