PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your Shea Butter (and other natural products)?

lovinglocks
June 21st, 2012, 01:00 AM
I just had an epiphany that I should get some shea butter for my hair (and skin), not sure where to get it tho? Was thinking of checking out the health food store in the mall, or perhaps Walmart?

chickenetti
June 21st, 2012, 01:05 AM
I got mine from a soap making supply shop online- I threw it in my order when I bought lye for a soap making experiment I'm planning. I forget the name of the shop, but I think online might be cheaper than the health food store.

akilina
June 21st, 2012, 01:06 AM
Majestic Mountain Sage. http://www.thesage.com/index.html
That is their home page. I clicked on catalog search.
They sell great stuff. Everything a hair obsessed person would ever need lol.
EOs, and tons and tons of different oils and way more. It is fun to look at if anything. My mom orders from there to make her soap. So I get my oils from her, Shea butter included ;]

Nini
June 21st, 2012, 01:08 AM
MountainRoseHerbs.com is good too, except they've stopped international orders now... :(

DarkCurls
June 21st, 2012, 01:21 AM
Ah, online references... They always make me so jealous. :D
Being a teenager whose mother doesn't know she's this hair-obsessed, I buy my stuff in actual stores at the moment. I've done a ton of research to find where I could get it and...
- Coconut oil: some supermarkets (I wish!), Asian food stores (yummy), other exotic food stores, organic food stores.
- Shea butter: exotic food stores, also found 100% pure shea butter at my favorite beauty shop (makeup, soap, shampoo, perfume, etc), but it's way expensive for a tiny tiny pot! Though I'll probably get it if I can't find it anywhere else.

That's all the "hard-to-find" ingredients I can think of. :p In general, organic food stores are good.

Sisgoldenhair65
June 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM
I saw some at GNC.

Ephemeral
June 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM
I bought my raw shea butter thru Amazon.

Astraea
June 21st, 2012, 09:32 AM
I buy raw shea butter, unrefined/organic at Whole Foods, the brand escapes me at the moment. But there's also Garden of Wisdom

http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/butter.html

LOVE your turtle!