PDA

View Full Version : Getting black dye out?

Rufflebutt
June 20th, 2012, 11:25 PM
My hair has been black for the past year. I kind of want my natural color back. I've been thinking of getting some oops. Do you think it would work well? How damaging is it? How much of it do you think I'll need and how many times will I have to use it to get a year's worth of black dye out of my hair?
Is it better than bleach? Do you guys know any other ideas?

I'd thought about growing it out, but I don't want to have that horrible awkward stage where I have half-black half-brown hair. It's such a big difference that I'd rather just get all of the dye out.

akilina
June 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM
My hair has been black for the past year. I kind of want my natural color back. I've been thinking of getting some oops. Do you think it would work well? How damaging is it? How much of it do you think I'll need and how many times will I have to use it to get a year's worth of black dye out of my hair?
Is it better than bleach? Do you guys know any other ideas?

I'd thought about growing it out, but I don't want to have that horrible awkward stage where I have half-black half-brown hair. It's such a big difference that I'd rather just get all of the dye out.
My first question for you is...Is your hair colored with Permanent dye whatsoever? Or is it all just semi or demi permanent?
This is very important to know.

I love color oops. I have never noticed any damage from it. I always follow it with a nice smelling DT. The stuff smells like fart for sure.
I would not use Color Fix though. This stuff is at Sallys. Many people say their hair always darkens after but it is usually because they didn't follow the directions and use all 3 steps. That stuff is pretty damaging to me though.
There is a chance that Color Oops will pull brassy, especially if black has been used. I have used it up to twice in one day, leaving it on for about an hour each time. And if you used permanent dye on any of it, you will never get your natural color back.
Many might recommend honey lightening which never worked for me and I will never have the patience of having to put it on your head several times before noticing a result. Also maybe someone will chime in about Vitamin C tablets. I don't know anything about it.
Something that worked for me to help fade it was heavy heavy oiling.
If you did use semi permanent dye this whole time, I would suggest letting it fade out a little bit before doing anything to it, just to minimize any damage and maximize your result.