PDA

View Full Version : Hair Extensions?

Merlisea
June 20th, 2012, 10:06 PM
So, my wedding is coming up in October, and I have always wanted to have long, flowing hair for my wedding day. Unfortunately, my hair grows at a snail's pace, and I will probably not reach BSL, let alone waist by then (I am currently APL- see my first post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95756) for pics)

I really want to have my fantasy hair in my wedding photos/for the big day, even if I can't grow it that fast myself, so I've ordered some 22" clip in hair extensions for the big day, which will probably reach around waist. I haven't gotten them yet (expecting them tomorrow!!), but I know I will have to layer, cut/trim and style them in order for them to look natural in my hair. I will probably wind up wearing them for special occasions/fun, and I was wondering what length you think would look would look okay based on the length of my hair now.

Should I trim them a lot shorter? What do you think?

Quixii
June 20th, 2012, 10:08 PM
First of all, your hair looks lovely now, even if it's not the length you want it to be. :)

Secondly, I think it will really come down to how these extensions look in your hair. I could easily see you at waist, though.

Merlisea
June 20th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Thank you! :)

You're right, I will have to post some pictures after they come tomorrow. I wish I could get to waist myself in 4 months! That would be my dream come true haha :)

Bunnysaur
June 20th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm about APL, and I just got some extensions too! Here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95569) are some pics. I always thought I'd look weird with hair that long, but I think I can get used to it.
It would probably be best if you spent a couple days wearing the extensions at their full length before deciding what to trim them too. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Arya
June 20th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I think the key to making hair extensions look natural is partially the cut of your extensions, but also partially the cut of your own hair. If you have a blunt cut, it's harder to hide the fact that you have extensions, while if you have a more choppy, layered, cut, or a V shaped hem, it's easier to blend.

Rufflebutt
June 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I don't think you need to cut your hair if you layer in the extensions correctly. but thank goodness you got clip-ins! They aren't nearly as damaging.

Merlisea
June 21st, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hmm that is interesting! I can't really cut my ends blunt, because my hair is very fine and I would probably have to cut off a lot to do that, so I shouldn't have a problem there! My extensions are "out for delivery," so I am patiently waiting for them to get here. I will probably post some pics so you can help me decide what length they should be for my wedding. (Hopefully the color is okay too!)

@Rufflebutt: I actually meant cutting the extensions, not my own hair! Sorry for the confusion :) I know often you have to layer extensions, or you will have one layer (your own hair) and then the rest hanging long, and it often doesn't look right, depending on the length/color of your hair. I second on the clip in comment! I looked into so many different types of extensions, and I could bear the thought of having it sewn to braids that would probably have to be ripped out of my thin/fine hair :( or glued or whatnot. I figured the clip ins would be fun, but I can take them out whenever I want and not damage my hair!

@Bunnysaur: Your extensions look great! They really match your hair well. I'm getting so anxious waiting for mine to get here so I can finally see myself at waist!

Merlisea
June 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hey all! You've probably already seen it on the mane forum, but my hair extensions arrived today and I uploaded some pictures here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=95798)