PDA

View Full Version : Whine Whine Whine

DaniVerde
June 20th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I know that there are several threads here with the same theme, but I need to whine a bit! :violin:

My hair is past APL and steaming ahead towards BSL. Yay! :happydance:Sounds good so far, right?! :) I was really enjoying the sensation of hair on my back again after 2 years, when...*DA DA DA DUM* (cue horror movie music) I decided to embrace my natural curls again, and to quit the relaxers.

So now I'm transitioning, as well as growing out my hair. I haven't had a trim since the beginning of November 2011, and due to curls and layers, my hair sits on top of my shoulders, or just an inch or so below.

I know it'll grow and will look good eventually, but I just needed to vent and stamp my feet a bit! :brickwall

long&blonde
June 20th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I can totally relate in hating the length lost when you finally relent and decide to do what you know would be healthiest for your hair. My hair is quite wavy wurly curly also. After years of no trims,I let a stylist trim me from low bcl to waist. I sooo miss my ragged fairy tale ends hanging down covering my waist vack tatoo like spanish moss. The heavy feel of my hair. I have yet to really feel love for my new healthy ends at all. Tell myself "these will look so much stronger,once you grow to where you were again." By which time,with the occasional backpack or gym machine disaster, they'll probably look close to as ripped up as they were again. Which I've decided will be fine: I loved them. Lol. Try to ignore your hair while transitioning to health,is what I've been doing, to avoid feeling disgusted & attempting more craziness. Such as wondering if pixies Are cooler? Lol.

DaniVerde
June 20th, 2012, 09:19 AM
No, I have no desire to cut...and I haven't cut!

It's just that I've lost length due to curl...the curl sucks up the length!

Hollyfire3
June 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Aww, rant and vent away! Your hair will look great when its grown, but its hard to believe that, I understand.

Hollyfire3
June 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM
No, I have no desire to cut...and I haven't cut!

It's just that I've lost length due to curl...the curl sucks up the length!

Stupid curls...length stealers! They'll learn someday, don't mess with us LHC's and steal our length.

DaniVerde
June 20th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks, Hollyfire! I just hope it'll happen sooner rather than later :D

DarkCurls
June 20th, 2012, 09:37 AM
3a/3b? Your curls must be gorgeous. :D And when it grows out, you'll have absolutely stunning hair -- curly and long stand out, so imagine having both!

I know how annoying shrinkage is. :p

julierockhead
June 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I really, really admire transitioning women. Way to go! If I could donate some hair growth I would :)

LadyHazel
June 20th, 2012, 09:41 AM
It's for the best relaxin is one of the worst things you can ever do to your hair, I love curly hair so much all because it's short doesn't mean that your hair can't be beautiful than if it was down your back because I personally don't like the look of relaxed hair :)

DaniVerde
June 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM
3a/3b? Your curls must be gorgeous. :D And when it grows out, you'll have absolutely stunning hair -- curly and long stand out, so imagine having both!

I know how annoying shrinkage is. :p

Thank you! :) They'll be gorgeous eventually, I hope ;) Right now it's about half a head of psychotic curls with suspiciously stick-straight ends. And the ends pull out the curl a bit, so they go a bit frizz as well :p

I really, really admire transitioning women. Way to go! If I could donate some hair growth I would :)

Thank you too, julierockhead! Have you transitioned? I appreciate the thought ;)

spidermom
June 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Length will come. Grow hair grow.

pink.sara
June 20th, 2012, 10:01 AM
But your curls must be pretty :) And you can still be BSL wet/stretched.... that's totally cool. ;)

(As a straightie I think all curls and wurls are pretty)

jacqueline101
June 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
I hear you on curls one day almost straight the next curl tight makes it hard to figure out where your hair is in length.

IndigoOptimist
June 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
But once your hair is looooong you will have beautiful curls and can laugh at the straighties who are the same length as you because it took more for you to grow it that long :)
I think curls/waves are lovely, much more interesting than straight hair ;)