PDA

View Full Version : Determining hair length?

Sylvestrix
June 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Having trouble searching the threads for this, so hopefully its alright that I've created my own!

Looking for some help in actually sussing out how long my hair is- I know the measurement in inches, but I can't seem to figure out what my abbreviation would be n.n;

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/Sylvestrix/HL.jpg

I've guessed at APL, but would love some thoughts, because in honesty I can't seem to figure it out even with the help of the hair length guide!

Shiranshoku
June 20th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Oooooh so pretty! I love your hair! And that updo in your avatar is very elegant, too!

I think your hair is a little over APL.

pink.sara
June 20th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Having trouble searching the threads for this, so hopefully its alright that I've created my own!

Looking for some help in actually sussing out how long my hair is- I know the measurement in inches, but I can't seem to figure out what my abbreviation would be n.n;

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/Sylvestrix/HL.jpg

I've guessed at APL, but would love some thoughts, because in honesty I can't seem to figure it out even with the help of the hair length guide!

General APL or Arm Pit length tips are... wrap a towel around you and under each armpit, if your hair touches the towel, it's APL.

meishkamooshka
June 20th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I think you may actually be closer to bra strap length (if I'm not mistaken, lol). You have beautiful hair, btw!

Tristania
June 20th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Your hair color is fantastic!

Sylvestrix
June 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Oooooh so pretty! I love your hair! And that updo in your avatar is very elegant, too!

I think your hair is a little over APL.

Thankyou! Its a gibson tuck in my picture, just about the only style I can pull off with any competence heh. Mad question, but is your hair braided at the front in your picture? Loving the look of it!

General APL or Arm Pit length tips are... wrap a towel around you and under each armpit, if your hair touches the towel, it's APL.

I think you may actually be closer to bra strap length (if I'm not mistaken, lol). You have beautiful hair, btw!

Thats genius! Just scampered off to do this, and instead of paying attention to my hair, me first thought was 'huh. My armpits are high up. Is that weird? I wonder if theres a standard armpit height. Whats wrong with me?!'
Just had a check and the straightest part of my hemline hits the bottom of my bra exactly, does that make me BSL or just a wannabe?

Thanks for helping my tiny brain! You are in fact excellent =3

Sylvestrix
June 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Your hair color is fantastic!
Gack, I can't edit yet, sorry for the double post!
Thanks! I do it myself with hilift colour- horribly damaging, I know, but I've been a faux-redhead for the past seven years and its one bad habit I just can't shake!

Falcore
June 20th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Looks to me like you're just touching BSL. Your colour is fabulous!

Sylvestrix
June 20th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Looks to me like you're just touching BSL. Your colour is fabulous!
Thanks Falcore! I've just checked, and my hair is sitting exactly in line with the bottom of my bra band, so I'm going to have a mini-hooray and declare it BSL. Woot!
-does the party dance-

Shiranshoku
June 21st, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thankyou! Its a gibson tuck in my picture, just about the only style I can pull off with any competence heh. Mad question, but is your hair braided at the front in your picture? Loving the look of it!

You're welcome! And thanks :)
It's actually two lacebraids at the sides an a gibson tuck at the back. But my tuck is never as neat as yours! And I have far shorter hair... Any advice?

MissManda
June 21st, 2012, 01:48 PM
If your hair reaches the bottom of your bra strap, I'd call that full BSL. :) Your hair color is just gorgeous.

jojo
June 21st, 2012, 11:00 PM
Id say your past APL and a few inches shy of BSL! love the colour too!