PDA

View Full Version : sleepytime

deltadeliquent
June 20th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but

How do you ladies deal with your hair for sleep?

I'm going through the stages of LHC:
1. changing how I handle my hair
2. changing what I use to wash and style
3. changing what I use to condition
4. starting to worry about wearing up dos and such
5. starting to think about how to minimise damage as I sleep.

My hair is hennaed, and between APL and BSL.

Any takers???

MissAlida
June 20th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I see that you are a wavy. It would be easiest for you to try a braid for sleep.It needs some getting used to... I'm more of a curly, but sometimes I comb out my hair and do a single french braid. My hair feels very soft and wavy in the morning. Also, it's summer here where I live, and it's very hot, so the braid makes things easier. You could also try to oil it lightly before braiding. If you don't have layers, you could get away with an english braid aswell. I admit, that I tried various things when I first joined LHC...I tried wrapping my hair for sleep(this leave you with straight hair), pineappling (for curls, gave me bad headache), ponytail, top knot...The only thing that worked was the braiding. And when I want to have curly hair in the morning, I sleep with it loose. In MHO it isn't damaging at all... But if you're worried, you could get a silk pillowcase or a silk sleeping cap. Some swear by them. :)

akilina
June 20th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I have been searching for a sleep style for ever literally. I still have not found one I like all the way.
Usually I will just use a braid. Or a french braid. (usually that)
While I am lazing around on here every night I oil my hair at the computer and do a scalp massage. When I go in the bathroom to go to bed I spray it with water and then braid it. This whole system works best for me considering that normally I don't make the time to oil and do a scalp massage and use my BBB, and now I am lately.

I hate tying an elastic into my hair though. I feel like I am causing too much stress in that already thinned area. I used scrunchies for a while but I have to twist them around my hair a million times just to hold it.
Maybe a braid with a satin or silky scrunchy would work for you.

Another option would be to make yourself or buy a satin or silk sleep cap. This is not an option for me because I share a bed with my BF and he would be like "WTF."

I have been meaning to make myself a satin pillow case. I haven't gotten around to it though. I might see if my mom has one.
One of em might help you out greatly.

letibear
June 20th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I like to lightly oil the ends of my hair before sleep. I tend to sleep on my left side, so I keep it in a side braid on my right.

catamonica
June 20th, 2012, 01:04 AM
I was wearing a braided bun all the time. But someone on here said that it wasn't good to wear buns to bed, because the hair needed to rest. So I wear a braid to bed.

jeanniet
June 20th, 2012, 01:05 AM
I use these: http://prettyanntoinets.com/category_4/Beanies.htm. They are surprisingly cool and comfy. I don't think I could sleep with my hair loose anymore. I also use a silk pillowcase.

lillithnight
June 20th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I tend to wear a satin scarf to bed. Floppy puff bun if wearing up. Loose floppy bun when protective styling, and veil style when wearing my hair loose. I need a larger scarf now though. My ends poke out the bottom in a way that makes me paranoid about them being on my cotton pillow case.

Teazel
June 20th, 2012, 01:27 AM
These days I put it in a loose bun on the crown of my head, secured with a soft scrunchie.

I used to plait my hair every night before bedtime, but now I find that if I sleep with a plait, masses of split ends arrive overnight! :scared: I think being sandwiched between sheets and the heat of my body just dries my hair out too much.