PDA

View Full Version : Depressed I say, depressed I am!

AnqeIicDemise
June 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Because it now refuses to stay in my hair.

I had a nautilus bun today, held in place by my favorite orchid fork. Its made of stainless steel with a very pretty orchid. Its about an inch and a half in width about five in length. My hair looked polished and prim, the bun gorgeous of course, what with the freshly tinted red lock of hair swirled about it. I wore a nice red shirt, wide leg pants, grannie booties and a black, three-quarter sleeved sweater.

As I sauntered (because, you know, I was feeling like the Cat's Meow) back to my desk, holding a form I had to fill out I was asked a question. I stopped quickly, answered the query and since I have an animated talk, I waved my hand about idly. I lost the grip on my form and as it swirled to the floor I happened to look down to see where it fell. Whilst my head lowered, I found myself covered in a blanket of lustrous locks of brown and red and my fork no where to be seen. I later found the fork hanging onto a fold on my sweater.

I thought maybe I'd inserted the fork wrong. I quickly went back to my desk and did my bun. I later caught a glance in the mirror and the darned thing being spit out. So I changed the bun to a lazy wrap and it too spit out the bun.

In one hand, I am depressed for now I can no longer wear my fork. In another, it means I'm much closer to my goal. :whip::rolleyes:

HumanBean
June 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
That was a good little story! Congrats on the newer lengths. You can still use the fork in a half up?

AnqeIicDemise
June 20th, 2012, 12:02 AM
That was a good little story! Congrats on the newer lengths. You can still use the fork in a half up?

I haven't tried yet. I was so bummed out I didn't bother. Besides, I no longer feel comfortable with my hair loose anymore. Its nice on cold days but for the most part I get irritated with the rubbing against the nape of my neck.

jeanniet
June 20th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Oh, too bad. It sounds like a beautiful fork. Does this mean you have too much hair now? :D

lillithnight
June 20th, 2012, 01:43 AM
New hair toy time! Congrats!

Unofficial_Rose
June 20th, 2012, 01:46 AM
You are very funny! Honestly, do you write for a living, because if not you definitely could.

Hope you find a bun style that the fork approves of. :lol:

AnqeIicDemise
June 20th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, too bad. It sounds like a beautiful fork. Does this mean you have too much hair now? :D

Yes it does! I couldn't wear the fork last January because I didn't have enough hair.....and now I have too much! I somehow shipped over the perfect length.

joflakes
June 20th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hehe, that's a funny tale! I agree that you write very well.

Shame about the form but...onwards and upwards! :D

jacqueline101
June 20th, 2012, 03:34 PM
That would be a good depression your hair is growing and sad when you have to give up your old favorite toys.

akilina
June 20th, 2012, 03:35 PM
What a bitter sweet moment! My hair is HARDLY able to even go into hairtoys because it is not quite bsl and layered. --___--
Good for you though :D

jeanniet
June 20th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Ah, so it's bittersweet. Congrats on the growth!

LadyHazel
June 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Congratulations! It is a shame to have lost your favourite hair toy though, but still- doesn't that give you an even better reason to get a new one -wink wink- haha! I always make an excuse to shop ! Oh dear...

long&blonde
June 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I totally related to feeling as if my hair's secure and "the cat's meow", till its all over me and what I'm working on,and my hairtoy has slipped off and snagged itself in my sweater or under garments. Lol.
New hairtoy shopping time! Yay! The longer lengths that hold like rocks aren't comfy at all for lounging in, but other than that hairsticks never fail to hold my updo's up. If I didn't just love hairtoys; I would have stopped and stayed with hairsticks.

PixxieStix
June 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Depressing, I agree, for we become so fond of those toys that we love and served us well, but we must not forget that it is also a blessing, as your locks have lengthened and wish to meet the acquaintance of new "friends". :) Good luck on your new toy search when it begins, and while I feel for your loss (I worry about my hair and the toys collection I have in a year from now), know that while good things pass, good things come again!

WaterMusic
June 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Don't give up so easily! Try it in a bunch of different styles. It is highly unlikely that you've outgrown the fork altogether. More likely is that you've outgrown being able to use it in that particular style.

spidermom
June 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Ah yes, I know the feeling.

Now you have a good excuse to go shopping for a new favorite.

AnqeIicDemise
June 20th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Don't give up so easily! Try it in a bunch of different styles. It is highly unlikely that you've outgrown the fork altogether. More likely is that you've outgrown being able to use it in that particular style.

If it won't hold up a lazy wrap for more than an hour, I don't know what else to do with it. :o

Today is a trim day for me so maybe snipping off that half inch (one can only hope, lol) will make a difference? O.o Who knows. :patrol:

@long&blonde I don't usually feel super confident but yesterday was a Sexy Day for me. Hair was perfect. Shoes were comfortable for once because my feet weren't swollen. It was a GOOD day until my 'do decided to just.. flip flop. LOL

@jo (and others who commented as such) thanks! I've always wanted to get published or work for a magazine of some sort but alas, I've no clue where to get started. The truth is I've been in the customer service/food service path for so long I'm at a loss as to where to go.

@Spidermom: yes.. yes.. I told hubby this and I totally made a huge deal over the ravencroft moon forks. If that doesn't click for him its time to get the cluebyfour

dwell_in_safety
June 20th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I would almost count this a mini-milestone, if you will. I only have one hair fork, but I love it so, and I would be so very sad if I could never wear it again - BUT having that much length would certainly make me a happy camper. Plus, I agree with spidermom: opportunity to search for a new pretty! :D