PDA

View Full Version : Long-haired laziness

IvanaGil
June 19th, 2012, 10:39 PM
After watching endless youtube videos and seeing all of these pictures of intricate hairdos, I've come to the conclusion that I hate styling my hair. I can't be bothered learning or even trying any updos or braids. You'd think that I would want to learn since I ADORE having long hair, but I don't find them fun or interesting and I don't think half of them are worth my time. I'm at my happiest with my hair down, in a single english braid or in a bun. I don't mean to be offensive at all because I know so many of you are amazing at your styles and you actually have the required patience for this.
Is anyone else like me? :couch:

Arden
June 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
After watching endless youtube videos and seeing all of these pictures of intricate hairdos, I've come to the conclusion that I hate styling my hair. I can't be bothered learning or even trying any updos or braids. You'd think that I would want to learn since I ADORE having long hair, but I don't find them fun or interesting and I don't think half of them are worth my time. I'm at my happiest with my hair down, in a single english braid or in a bun. I don't mean to be offensive at all because I know so many of you are amazing at your styles and you actually have the required patience for this.

I've only just really started getting serious about growing my hair out... i'm currently APL... but I can see myself being that way in the future.... I acctually like watching the videos cause I think they're intresting... do I have the patience to set and fiddle with my hair for an hour to do it? ...uh... no... lol.... Wash, brush, bun, go... that's me :)

Hypatia415
June 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm like you! My two styles are down or in a ponytail if I'm working out or getting sweaty (I know! It's bad for my hair!). I just don't have the patience for anything else! And I like how it looks down.

Mesmerise
June 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Meee!

I am quite chuffed that I only have to spend about a minute doing my hair :p. If I get the job I want that may end up being 5 minutes to do a tidy bun ;).

If I were going out, I'd wear my hair loose cause I feel more attractive that way, and that takes me no time at all ;).

IvanaGil
June 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I've only just really started getting serious about growing my hair out... i'm currently APL... but I can see myself being that way in the future.... I acctually like watching the videos cause I think they're intresting... do I have the patience to set and fiddle with my hair for an hour to do it? ...uh... no... lol.... Wash, brush, bun, go... that's me :)

I knew I wasn't alone! Hehe.

I'm like you! My two styles are down or in a ponytail if I'm working out or getting sweaty (I know! It's bad for my hair!). I just don't have the patience for anything else! And I like how it looks down.

Me too! Most people oh and ah over styles, but I just don't find them...that great, I guess. :o

IvanaGil
June 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Meee!

I am quite chuffed that I only have to spend about a minute doing my hair :p. If I get the job I want that may end up being 5 minutes to do a tidy bun ;).

If I were going out, I'd wear my hair loose cause I feel more attractive that way, and that takes me no time at all ;).

Yes, hair down is super pretty and the easiest :flower:

Hollyfire3
June 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I LOVE my hair down and am quite lazy...if I'm borded I might try some new braids, I LOVE braids (Dutch, french, that Katniss braid, twin braids, side braids, fishtails...all of them) but other than that, I wash, put in mousse and go. I love my hair, but I'm also lazy...and the longer it gets, the more work it is to do, you hear me?:)

NymphSpirit
June 19th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I am! But it's not as if I wouldn't like to have my hair styled in intrincated braids and updos! I'm just too lazy to even try and do anything! So I'm all the time either wearing my hair down, in a lazy bun or milkmaid braids, everything else is too much work :P

Quixii
June 19th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm so lazy with my hair. If I can't do a style in less than a minute, chances are, I don't do it. :p

Hollyfire3
June 19th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I am! But it's not as if I wouldn't like to have my hair styled in intrincated braids and updos! I'm just too lazy to even try and do anything! So I'm all the time either wearing my hair down, in a lazy bun or milkmaid braids, everything else is too much work :P

Which braids are the milkmaid ones? I want to try them! Also, LOVE your siggy btw.

IvanaGil
June 19th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I LOVE my hair down and am quite lazy...if I'm borded I might try some new braids, I LOVE braids (Dutch, french, that Katniss braid, twin braids, side braids, fishtails...all of them) but other than that, I wash, put in mousse and go. I love my hair, but I'm also lazy...and the longer it gets, the more work it is to do, you hear me?:)

I like braids too. Some of them can be really pretty. I guess updos don't fascinate me because I can't enjoy my hair :p

Lol lazy people unite! :D

saffy2yrs
June 19th, 2012, 10:59 PM
I like looking at fancy hairstyles, but I know my co-ordination is not all that great to try these intricate things I am seeing. I keep my hair in an english braid or loose, and an occasional french/dutch braid by someone else.

IvanaGil
June 19th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I'm so lazy with my hair. If I can't do a style in less than a minute, chances are, I don't do it. :p

All I have to say to you is: your hair is GORGEOUS! I wish I had your curls.

HintOfMint
June 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I love the idea of intricate buns and updos, and on the odd occasion I'll actually put one together. But the vast majority of the time I cannot be bothered.

I still dream though.

cwarren
June 19th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Haha :) This thread is hilarious. I'm sooo lazy when it comes to my hair. I went out this weekend for a bachelorette party and I was the only one who didn't have my hair in any special hairdo :P

I agree with everyone else. I love to see intricate styles, but I don't have the time/patience/will to do it.

jeanniet
June 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I like to play around with styles, but most of the time I only have a few minutes so up goes a tried-and-true bun.

Zindell
June 19th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Is anyone else like me?

I'm like you! My hair is almost always down! And I prefer it that way. :)

The few hairstyles I sometimes (very seldom) use:
- A half-up secured with a barrette or an elastic
- A dutch braid
- a (simple) french twist secured with a beak clip (nice during hot summer days)

Correa
June 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM
One thing I love about having such long hair is that it goes quickly and easily up into a bun and I don't have to worry about it all day.

:D

Tota
June 20th, 2012, 12:11 AM
I'm the same. One of the main perks of long hair (as I see it) is the simplicity of it - no styling or much fuss is needed to look presentable as long as it's healthy and well groomed (again, my humble opinion). I wear my hair down, in a top knot or english/french braid and that's it. It also goes well with my "I couldn't be bothered" bohemian style :) I did try some of the styles from YouTube, I especially admire Lillith Moon, but soon after I put my hair down again because I just felt weird and not me. The styles that suit me are very limited.

catamonica
June 20th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I feel the same way. I wear a braided bun all day. Then wear a braid to bed. And when I wear it down, its wavy from the braid. And I don't have to mess with it.

Quixii
June 20th, 2012, 12:34 AM
All I have to say to you is: your hair is GORGEOUS! I wish I had your curls.
Aw, thank you! :o

nyia
June 20th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Lazy here, too!

Usually, it's in a braid. I might rebraid it a couple of times a day, but it's braided for work, social, sleeping... all the time, mostly.

Slug Yoga
June 20th, 2012, 01:00 AM
Haha, no, I am massively lazy, and I think I would be too impatient to do hairstyles that take even 2 or 3 minutes on a regular basis! It takes me like 12 seconds to put my hair up in some kind of bun, which is what I do every day. What kind of hairstyle videos do you usually watch?

Avital88
June 20th, 2012, 01:01 AM
i love to see these styles on others, but i also cant be bothered to do them more than twice a year myself..:p

Mononoke
June 20th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I'm like that, too.
The only styles I wear are keeping my hair down, a single english or dutch braid, or a pencil bun. Sometimes I look at tutorials and find the hairdos really cool, but then I never have the patience to actually practice them, so I don't even bother to.

caadam
June 20th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I like watching other people do hairstyles, but me doing them... well, that's another story. lol

English, fishbone, and rope braids are about as fancy as it gets for me. Along with an Infinity bun. Or cinnamon bun. I just don't have the patience or time (well, time I don't want to give up) to learn anything beyond that. :D But I certainly find it positive that others do. ♥

Anlbe
June 20th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Long haired and lazy? Oh yes. I will see your 'not bothering with fancy updos' and raise you 'not bothering to brush or comb my hair every day.....

Like Correa I always found one of the great bonuses of long hair is that a quick bun (which I can do in ten seconds with no mirror and no pins) hides a multitude of sins.

One of the main things I've learn't on the LHC is how to manage my hair with absolute minimum intervention which turns out to suit both my hair and me.

owlathena
June 20th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Me! I love long hair. I've been obsessed with growing my hair long for years. But I'm kinda "meh" when it comes to learning buns and whatnot. My only updos are ponys and single braids and the occasional cinnabun. I'm getting better about putting it up as it gets longer, but I still wear my hair down most of the time.

owlathena
June 20th, 2012, 01:41 AM
Long haired and lazy? Oh yes. I will see your 'not bothering with fancy updos' and raise you 'not bothering to brush or comb my hair every day.....

Like Correa I always found one of the great bonuses of long hair is that a quick bun (which I can do in ten seconds with no mirror and no pins) hides a multitude of sins.

One of the main things I've learn't on the LHC is how to manage my hair with absolute minimum intervention which turns out to suit both my hair and me.

Hahaha yes! I like that I can make a huge bun when my hair is especially ratty and I don't want to deal with it right away.

Theobroma
June 20th, 2012, 04:18 AM
I'm in.

I wear my hair up all the time and I do like my fancy hairtoys, but if I can't get a style done in thirty seconds flat, I don't have the patience for it. I hardly ever even braid because it takes too long! :D

One of the things I like about long hair is how simple it is. Even complicated looking updos like orchid wraps take no time at all to do.

Ticky
June 20th, 2012, 04:39 AM
On others it is great, however I can't be bothered. I have a feeling that all of my pins that hold the beautiful style will fall out, and I'll find myself on the middle of the street, fixing my hair. I like something that I can fix quickly, and which allows jumping around/lounging :)

pyroliske
June 20th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I wish I had the patience for styling my hair. When I was younger I did, I put it in french rolls and all sorts. Now I just wash and go. My partner says I wish you'd striaghten your hair, because I have this half assed waviness going on, that he doesn't like. But I can't be bothered, only for special occasions.

Big change from when I used to get up at the crack of dawn every day to wash and blow dry.

luxepiggy
June 20th, 2012, 06:51 AM
One of the main reasons I've always had long hair is because I'm too lazy for anything actually requires styling. I just tumble out of bed, spritz on a bit of shine spray, toss an emergency hairstick in my handbag, and off I go (^(oo)^)v

torrilin
June 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM

Fancy is somewhat in the eye of the beholder.

A Celtic Knot bun *looks* really intricate, but it's one of the fastest buns I can do. It also holds very well, and I can sleep in it. Twin braids don't take particularly longer than a single braid, but I've got more ways to turn them into an updo should I want hair off my neck. And even if I don't do an updo, they still feel cooler than a single braid. I do single braids lots too of course. Pretty much all the other styles I do daily are some kind of cinnabun variant... maybe it's a vortex bun, or a flipped cinnabun, or a Gibraltar or a figure 8 or or or... I usually spend more time looking for a good hair toy than actually doing the updo.

And well, pretty much everyone whose youtube videos I follow describes a pretty similar routine. They do fancier styles oftener than I would, but even once a week is all it'd take to get to that :P. And for day in day out wear, they rely on simple, easy to do styles.

Down for me is not easier. My hair tangles a lot when worn down, and I don't think dreadlocks are fun. I'd rather be comfortable, and that means my hair is out of my way.

pink.sara
June 20th, 2012, 08:08 AM
The longer it gets the less I have to do to it which is awesome as I am criminally lazy. :D

I dye it once a month and that is a PITA so I really don't care for intricate styling.

Plus pins fall out, pony anchors pull, and it isn't long enough to do any buns at all yet so it's down... or up in a topknot.

Once in a bluemoon I sockbun it and get the comments from my team at work of "blimey look who got up early" "where are you off to then" :rolleyes:

Long hair is awesome because it's it's own decoration.

TheMechaGinger
June 20th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty lazy, I'm only a bit past apl right now but even when I had long hair I was lazy! It was either down or just in a bun. But I do love watching those fancy tutorials just for fun, I'll probably never do most of them though

CarpeDM
June 20th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Raises hand, ME!! I enjoy seeing all the styles, but when it comes down to me actually doing it, forget about it!

RitaCeleste
June 20th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Me! I learned to do one bun the figure 8 bun. I bought some hair sticks. That's where it ended. A barrette is usually what I'll wear. (when I wear anything) I put it up in one of the kids ponytail holders once in awhile. Mostly I brush it maybe add oil and think, that should be enough. My hair always pulls in spots when I try the bun. I hate that and the pain of letting my hair down after its been up awhile. I'm thinking of keeping it at the waist for a good long while. I feel like I get to call it long hair now that is at waist. I'm afraid of the day it gets so long I have to put it up.

long&blonde
June 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Me!
Also true its not that I wouldn't enjoy the intricate styles:
If someone else created them on me.
In May I went from lower bcl hair to wl hair, with long layers.
Couldn't french braid my own hair:then or now;
I am just all thumbs when it comes to styling my hair.
I can do a braid, a nameless bun that holds well with a stick or hair pins, and a ponytail.
If I want to look my best: its freshly washed hair down for me too.
Lazy and all thumbs!

Kaelee
June 20th, 2012, 08:37 AM
I think I'm in that boat, too. I spend longer than 5 minutes on my hair about once every six months. LOL

LaFlor
June 20th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I love watching the videos but I find it's too much work to actually recreate them. I have a few videos I would like to learn but they are more on the simple side.

Also, some updo's I find to look silly despite how much people on here complement them! Sometimes I just sit here confused as to what everyone is so exicited about :confused:

A simple braid or bun is much easier and looks prettier in my opinion :D

Tehillim408
June 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Yes, I feel the same way as well.

Most of the time my hair is down, because I feel prettiest that way. At home though, it is up in a high bun or a french braid.

I do enjoy watching hair tutorials just for the fun of it!

IvanaGil
June 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM

Haha wow. Can't say I've never done that. Some days I'll keep my hair in a braid ALL day so as not to comb it.

I love watching the videos but I find it's too much work to actually recreate them. I have a few videos I would like to learn but they are more on the simple side.

Also, some updo's I find to look silly despite how much people on here complement them! Sometimes I just sit here confused as to what everyone is so exicited about :confused:

A simple braid or bun is much easier and looks prettier in my opinion :D

My feelings exactly! Most of the time I'm just not impressed with the hairstyles.

Macaroni
June 20th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Me. It's either a low pony or bun. I love long hair for not having to cut, curl, style so this suits me very well.

Lilli
June 21st, 2012, 07:46 AM
I cannot stand any internet videos. I don't have the patience and it will wake up the baby when I am drinking coffee and waking up in the early morning.

I have three styles: high ponytail, down, or high bun with a Ficcare.

jojo
June 21st, 2012, 10:47 AM
I find the longer I get the lazier I get with my hair. when it was shorter I was obsessed with trying lots of different styles as it acted like a landmark as to how far id come. Nowadays I either throw it up in a no pin or number 8 bun and thats it. I enjoy having long hair but my obsession is more with doing deep conditionings rather than trying new updos!

embee
June 21st, 2012, 11:10 AM
Me me me! When my hair was short it required *frequent* trimmings and fiddling with, because it is so fine/thin/straight. Any growth made it look unkempt. Between the money and the time I was disgusted.

Now I have two main styles: a braid and a bun. Each one is fast fast fast and easy.

I love the look of the fancy updo, but I haven't skill nor patience. That's why I hardly ever even try my old favorite, the wrapped crown braid. People say it's easy, and basically it is, but the finishing of it with my hair is complex, fiddly, time consuming and uncertain.... it might all come loose and then what? :(

Tia2010
June 21st, 2012, 11:21 AM

Me :waving:..I am

I've been here over a year now and still haven't taken the time to properly learn any updo's or braids. I have watched video after video, and enjoy them, but have never been motivated enough by one to actually learn it or wear it.. I usually just go for a simple side braid or it's up in a hairclip ... that's it. I guess I like simplicity.

I do plan on trying luxepiggy's signature pork bun though, I like that one. :)

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
If you're like me you don't have time to do a nice hair do now I'm about arm pit length again some of my hair dos I can't do.

PrincessIdril
June 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
I'm the same, it's so rare I do anything "special" with my hair. I basically just rotate between having my hair down, in a pony, braided or bunned.
And yet I currently follow 3 different hair people on Youtube. And I've only tried out 3 hairstyles I've watched. Partly I think the problem is that a lot of hair tutorials on youtube involve lace/french/dutch braids, none of which I can do. This means I have very little motivation to try out anything new because I know I can't do it!

Amber_Maiden
June 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
I don't style my hair either- it's either down, in a top knot, or back in the only bun I know how to do.

spidermom
June 21st, 2012, 01:43 PM
Most days I am exactly this way: my hair goes back and up in the same 1-2 buns that are quick and easy.

However, there are times when I really want to do something different and will watch videos and experiment. However, I really hate copying somebody else and always figure out some little tweak to make the style my own (if the style works at all, that is).

kemacr5
June 21st, 2012, 01:51 PM
hmm, I do love the look of intricate up-dos, but if I'm honest with myself, I'm too lazy and certainly not coordinated enough to pull off much more than a bun or a single braid either lol

elfgirl
June 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
My hair is just past APL, I'm planning to keep it around this length for a little while, then grow it out long again (hopefully to hip, or terminal this time). Before I cut to APL, and even now, I still generally either
a. have it in an orchid bun b. a plain english braid c. english braided pigtails, or d. twist it into a bun and secure it with a hair tie. :P and finally e. sometimes down

I like to keep it fairly simple :)

chickenetti
June 21st, 2012, 02:59 PM
One of the reasons I have natural, virgin, undyed hair is that I'm too lazy to style short hair or touch up roots. Wash, drip dry, skewer, and we're done!

feb26
June 21st, 2012, 04:03 PM
I'm up at 5am to get to work at 7:30-I take 2 trains & a bus & get in early in case there's "Commuter issues" :rolleyes:
I do french braids alot, reg buns & want to start on sock buns. I also will use small clips to hold one bit of hair back & up, or a mini pony or braid in the back or barrette. I sometimes in the summer will braid & pin up or do mulitple braids in the loose hair, but that's as creative as I've gotten. i'd love to do more of the updos but when i do, my greys pop out & the top gets all fuzzy..not quite what i'm looking for. also, some of these updos seems you like at least an extra hand or two!

pepperminttea
June 21st, 2012, 04:16 PM
Oh goodness yes. I class a single French braid, or a style that requires twin English braids to be fancy. If I'm feeling really lazy, I'll class buns that require any twisting to be fancy too, because often they take multiple attempts (maybe I'm doing it wrong, but my hair really doesn't twist well). I know a few good buns that I can do in under thirty seconds (often under ten with practise), and I like wearing my hair in a single braid or a simple half-up, but that's the end of my bag of tricks when it comes to styling.