PDA

View Full Version : Comment by BF, just had to share

enitsirk
July 31st, 2008, 07:45 PM
I've been thinking of cutting my hair back to TB or hips for a long while (since January) but it's not something I want to do if BF isn't okay with the idea.

This is just me sharing, once again, how funny it is that the idea of what is 'long' seems to change an awful lot as the hair grows.

When I started seeing him my hair was a little past shoulder length, now I'm probably gracing fingertip. (He doesn't believe me when I tell him how 'short' my hair was when we met; I have to show him pictures!)

I told him, again, that I think I'm going to cut my hair to hip (showing him where) and he says "Why? So your hair won't be long, won't be short, and will just be some boring middle length"

:rollin:

Since when is hip length hair not long??

I suppose I should be glad he's not badgering me to cut my hair, and be glad he likes it, but darn his mind sure does change! I know at one point when I told him I wanted to grow to classic (and showed him where that was) he told me that would be weird and too long!!

Has anybody else had a similar experience with their SOs?

ChatoyantLocks
July 31st, 2008, 08:34 PM
That's hilarious!It's amazing how perspective can change over time!

Stagecoach
July 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
hahaha, that's great! And still such a typical guy response. lol

Ndnlady
July 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
:)Yes! DH originally wanted me to grow just to waist length, now that my hair is right at hip length he wants me to grow it longer!:p

tinah
July 31st, 2008, 10:18 PM
when i told my husband i was going for classic (pixie when we met), his only comment was "mmm, pretty hair"

Teazel
July 31st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Yes! My hair was somewhere between waist and TB when I joined LHC and developed a lust for classic... when I told my DH I was going to grow it "to the bottom of my bottom" he was all, "Ew, that's creepy-long!"

I told him the other day that I'm going to grow to mid-thigh (touch wood) and he was like, "Whatever makes you happy, dear."

LOL.