PDA

View Full Version : Could you help me figure out my hair type, please

Arden
June 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
In the "new" forum there was a conversation about hair typing and how to tell what your type is. The suggestion given to me was to wash my hair, let it air dry, do no styleing and base my "type" off of that....

I did finger comb a little just because It was wild and all over the place but here are some pictures taken after it dryed.... Please tell me what you think.

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/hairshotfromfurtherbackAPL.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/hairuncomb.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/IMAG0427.jpg

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj558/Marcie_Coleman/hairfingercomb1.jpg

MissCoco
June 19th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Hi and welcome to LHC! :waving: I would say it looks like 1b (maybe 1b/1c from the second and last picture), M/C and ii thickness. Hope this helps! :flower:

lapushka
June 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Looks 1c/2a-ish to me, judging from all the pictures.

torrilin
June 19th, 2012, 04:35 PM
2a, maybe 2b depending on how much you finger combed. That is LOTS wavier than my hair gets even with curl creme and gel scrunched in.

ladylowtide
June 19th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I would say solidly in the twos. 2a/2b, but of course this might change as your hair and layers grow out, you might be super wavy you never know! :p

Odonata
June 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
i am so glad you tried it. i'm washing my hair tomorrow it'll pretty much take all day to dry so will know tomorrow night i spose
there is a definite wave there , i wouldn't say as much as a 2b, as i would expect a 2b to be curlier than that at your length
also a little hard to see with the layers but tyou can see a loose wave at the top of your head so i would say it is a 1c/2a or 2a if as it grows the wave continues throughout

Arden
June 19th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Thank you guys so much. Just based on your comments alone it's easy to see how even I couldn't figure it out... I saw myself ranging from anywhere from a 1b to a 2a.... but some of you suggest I might be even more than that...

The only time I've ever had long hair before was when I was about 12 years old. At that time I belived it to be stright but I was also super heavy with conditioners and did the marsha brady brushing with a paddel brush. No lie, 100 strokes, I would count... lol

Later that same year I cut my hair short (boy short) and kept it that way for over 10 years... then in my early 20's I decided to grow it out to a "girl" length but still never made it much passed the length I am now.

When I started experimenting with "no poo" options over the last year I started noticing that my hair was "curling"...after lots of research I came to the conclusion that may "stright" hair may have been a result of the stuff I was using to wash my hair more than the natural state of the hair it'self...

My hair is virgin. All the dye has been cut out.. and I've gone from a daily shampoo to an every other day "no poo" cleaning with a one day a week shampoo...

I did use conditioner after I shampoo'd today because the shampoo made my hair feel super dry... It might have been even wavier than that had I not conditioned... but even with the conditioner it still looks kind of dry to me....

I figer combed it threw maybe 3 or 4 times.... I really tried to not touch it but it was just a big mess all over the place... lol...

The picture where you can see me using my camera phone was the first one I took but it came out really dark. So I asked my son if he would take some others in various lights so you guys could see it

Yea the layers are awful... I had a really bad haircut the end of march / early april.... I told the girl I was growing it out and I guess she just couldnt help but butcher it... I seriously saw anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of hair in the floor.... I could have died I was so upset.... but there it was... gone....

One of the layers on the top of my head at that time I could have fit inside my fist with just a bit poking out... Today in that same spot I can get about 2 fists with some sticking out.. so it's grown alot since then....

I can't wait to see how it ends up.

I origionally wanted to go midback to waist length... but after seeing some pictures of tailbone and classic.... I'm considering it.... It looks so pretty at that length....

I told my husband I'm just going to grow it till it starts to get on my nerves and then cut it about an inch above that point... lol

Falcore
June 19th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I think 1c/2a :)

MissManda
June 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I can't decide between 1c/2a or 2a. Even the smallest amount of finger combing makes my hair quite a bit straighter, so it's possible that you could be even wavier than that.

red-again
June 23rd, 2012, 02:59 AM
You are pretty similar to me - my hair looked like yours when I typed using condish and a teeny tiny bit of"handling" ie finger combing. I then washed with a clarifying shampoo, I did it whilst standing in the shower too and had detangled my hair properly before showering. I went from, like you 1b?? To a 2a. It may even go to a 2b or wavier as it grows, we'll see.

It'd be well worth clarifying nd reposting, you may get a very diff result!,

spidermom
June 23rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
My first thought was 1B.