PDA

View Full Version : How to measure

Hollyfire3
June 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM
This is SUCH a newbie question (which I'm not...) but here it is, when measuring thickness, where do you position the ponytail? I have layers growing out so mine is a bit higher up than my nape, just to be sure i get all the face framing bits.

Ticky
June 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
As far as I know, if you have layers or such, try to put it all in a ponytail. It doesn't matter where it is on your head. I don't know how people measure if they have bangs/shorter layers that can't be gathered in a pony, but I assume that they just leave those out :)

Hollyfire3
June 19th, 2012, 01:23 PM
As far as I know, if you have layers or such, try to put it all in a ponytail. It doesn't matter where it is on your head. I don't know how people measure if they have bangs/shorter layers that can't be gathered in a pony, but I assume that they just leave those out :)

Oh good, so I'm doing it right! My measurement is slightly less when I measure at the nape, but I know I'm leaving some shorter layers out so when they grow down, I'll be all even.

white.chocolate
June 19th, 2012, 01:28 PM
It's just as Ticky had said. Try to include as much hair as possible. It says so in the articles section. When I was measuring mine, for instance, I had bangs so my ponytail was way up on the top of my head. In the end it depends on the hairstyle you have.

Hollyfire3
June 19th, 2012, 01:30 PM
It's just as Ticky had said. Try to include as much hair as possible. It says so in the articles section. When I was measuring mine, for instance, I had bangs so my ponytail was way up on the top of my head. In the end it depends on the hairstyle you have.

Thanks! I just felt like I was cheating when trying to get all of my hair in because its obvious that measuremeant are a bit more higher up on the head, but without doing this, I miss alot of my hair, so it makes sense.

white.chocolate
June 19th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks! I just felt like I was cheating when trying to get all of my hair in because its obvious that measuremeant are a bit more higher up on the head, but without doing this, I miss alot of my hair, so it makes sense.

You're welcome. :) And, yes, I agree it does make sense to do it that way.