PDA

View Full Version : Releasing my inner Redhead!

AnqeIicDemise
June 19th, 2012, 12:16 AM
So, a friend of mine came over today to watch movies and then help with me with my hair. I learned a few things:

Cold cream works just as well as vaseline to keep my hairline clean if not better. It isn't as oily and easier to clean up.

I will NEVER brush a color in until frothy. We began to rip through some hair. Turns out my hair is just too thick for manic panic's directions. We'll just have to get frothy with the dye brush when applying.

I hate, hate, hate rinsing in cold water. I shall invest in a stool and an extendable showerhead/handle thingie because kneeling in the tub with my head under the faucet was not fun. Knees hurt.. and I wound up with a nice red streak from forehead to nose. Bwuaha!

over all, I am quite pleased with the color deposit. The Pillarbox Red gave me the reddish hue I had while living in California (the sun bleached it to a nice dark, dark auburn). I feel a little less homesick right now. The under canopy is a bright, pinky red. Love it!

I shall post up some pictures once I can snap a few. So far its been overcast and yucky in my side of the lake.

pink.sara
June 19th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Yay PICS please!!! :cheese:

And all that "comb till frothy" stuff they put on there is ****, I've never done it when my hair was beyond 3 inches long and it's never turned out any different. I just tend to smooth it down the strands and squish, squish, squish.

And I rinse in a warm shower. Slightly pink shoulders? Fine. Pink face from leaning over? Psh. ;)

Odonata
June 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
ok so i dye with Directions. i use Tulip over a natural dark blonde and ends are once permanent dyed, reds of various expressions
it is WONDERFUL!.
i have had a few goes to work it out. dont comb, i think it is fine if you get it as frothy as possible with a gently finder massage along the length i have never achieve a real lather and never had huge breakage from application.
i agree sooo much about the rinse side. i find without a doubt the easiest way to rinse and the method that contains the colour to hair and not tiles and face and rivers of red down your body
IS fill the bath . cool water- as cold as you are happy to lay in (directions is pretty good - especially if you infrequently was or CO) when you are ready to rinse (i leave it in practically all day 6-8 hrs like a deep condition or pre wash oiling) dampen the hair and massage to loosen it a little then lay back in the bath and rinse the excess out - YES the bath will turn VERY red, NO this will not stain your skin- once the majority is rinsed i jump under the shower head to get any more excess out again in a cool water as cold as i am happy to be under. and like always i shoot it with cold cold water at the end just before getting out to help smooth and close the hair

i found this abundantly more comfortable, easier and less messy than well any other way of getting it out .
looking forward to seeing your colour.
i love the way directions sticks and also blends and fades with growth - i get a nice blend that allows me to go 6 weeks between colours without feril roots and without losing my colour too much
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223865_10151048342283223_1480041710_n.jpg

MasCat
June 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
preetty reeeeed....

door72067
June 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM
with all this *red* talk I am going to end up caving and dying my hair again

so pretty Odonata!

akilina
June 19th, 2012, 09:50 AM
ok so i dye with Directions. i use Tulip over a natural dark blonde and ends are once permanent dyed, reds of various expressions
it is WONDERFUL!.
i have had a few goes to work it out. dont comb, i think it is fine if you get it as frothy as possible with a gently finder massage along the length i have never achieve a real lather and never had huge breakage from application.
i agree sooo much about the rinse side. i find without a doubt the easiest way to rinse and the method that contains the colour to hair and not tiles and face and rivers of red down your body
IS fill the bath . cool water- as cold as you are happy to lay in (directions is pretty good - especially if you infrequently was or CO) when you are ready to rinse (i leave it in practically all day 6-8 hrs like a deep condition or pre wash oiling) dampen the hair and massage to loosen it a little then lay back in the bath and rinse the excess out - YES the bath will turn VERY red, NO this will not stain your skin- once the majority is rinsed i jump under the shower head to get any more excess out again in a cool water as cold as i am happy to be under. and like always i shoot it with cold cold water at the end just before getting out to help smooth and close the hair

i found this abundantly more comfortable, easier and less messy than well any other way of getting it out .
looking forward to seeing your colour.
i love the way directions sticks and also blends and fades with growth - i get a nice blend that allows me to go 6 weeks between colours without feril roots and without losing my colour too much
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223865_10151048342283223_1480041710_n.jpg
Man, great color and I love your tapestry on the wall haha my house is filled with cool ones :]

akilina
June 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
It must have been red hair day yesterday. I color oopsed then I did a super legit henna application for 5 hours.
I say it was super legit because I feel like this is the first time I did a REALLY good job. Before when I used to henna sometimes I didn't have enough henna mixed or I didn't let it sit long enough. This time I seriously smothered my hair in it and left it on for about 5 and a half hours. Great results.
You gotta post pics of your new hair! :)
And BTW, doing hair at home is the biggest PITA to me. I'm a hairdresser and sometimes I will do hair at friends houses and that is all fine and dandy but ugh when it comes to rinsing the hair that is my least favorite part.

AnqeIicDemise
June 23rd, 2012, 10:32 PM
Alright. I've been trying, trying and TRYING and I can't get a good shot. So.. here you go:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/270815_4151019415036_1990150675_n.jpg
In my bathroom.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/319886_4128566333723_115908483_n.jpg
Overcast day in the car.

I'm still trying to get a good shot in the sun but I can't do it alone. :P

PS: Hubby likes the red much more than the purple.