PDA

View Full Version : How Short Should I Go?

LisaButz2001
June 18th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I have not been on in a while, for many reasons (some shall be posted in Pet Ponderings). Anyway, my hair is currently long enough to sit on, loose and TB in a ponytail. This is the second time. Although, I like it visually, I don't like wearing it loose and it is a nuisance to style, because it tangles a lot. When I last cut it, it was TB loose, which I liked, but didn't last long enough.

I know, from experience waist length will also grow out pretty quickly. I don't want super short like shoulder or APL.

Can anyone suggest a length, where I can make a cinnamon bun, leave it loose and still have it reasonably long, so that it will take time to grow out, but I won't regret cutting it?

It's fine, stick straight and all one length. I hate layers. The shortest it's ever been is waist, but I'm bored of how quickly it grows out and trimming back to my usual lengths. I am thinking mid-back might be nice. Has anyone been gradually going short or growing long and found a nice in between length? Thanks.

Falcore
June 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
If I were you I'd go to waist and if you're still not happy with that you could go midback.

Madora
June 18th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Waist, at the very least. Gives you much more leeway for updos. BSL is the pits (as far as hairstyling is concerned, at least it was for me when my hair was that length).

Mesmerise
June 18th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Waist, at the very least. Gives you much more leeway for updos. BSL is the pits (as far as hairstyling is concerned, at least it was for me when my hair was that length).

I think that's maybe your thickness more than the length Madora :) I have never found BSL a difficult length to style, because I probably have less than half your hair volume!

Now, as I'm a grower I can't really understand wanting to go shorter BUT if you find waist grows out really fast, then maybe do go back as far as BSL (I would not go further!!) and you might get some of the fun out of regrowing again. OR you might decide you want to go shorter!

jacqueline101
June 18th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I'd try waste.

patienceneeded
June 19th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Cut to hip and wait a week or so, see what you think. Not happy? Cut back more and head to waist. Start small, that way you won't have regrets for cutting too much to fast.

Amygirl8
June 19th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I second cutting to hip (and then waist or mid-back if you need to)
Hip is a good length for length, and Waist is good for letting it loose.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :]

torrilin
June 19th, 2012, 06:36 PM
From your post history, it looks like tailbone to classic is about a year for you?

I'd go for hip or tailbone, and just plan on an annual trim in June.

firevegan
June 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Can I have it when you cut it? ^_^ jk

LisaButz2001
September 8th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I took another long break from posting. I cut my hair today, so it's been longer than the two week rule for sure. I think the stylist was a little overzealous and my hair might be shorter than my waist, but I'm loathe to unbraid it to cjheck. I won't be too unhappy, unless putting it in a bun is harder. However it looked thicker, felt softer, should dry quicker and look nicer down. I was just sick of being able to sit on it. It tangled constantly and looked thin and damaged. I lost between 10 and 12 inches.