PDA

View Full Version : Rosewater problems help!

robey
June 18th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I really need help on this one please

I recently saw a video on Youtube of how to make your own rosewater and do a hair treatment and I decided to give it a go. I boiled down 6 to 7 roses in distilled water and waited until it cooled enough to pour it over my hair. It smelled nothing like roses as the lady in the video claimed hers did that worried me a bit however when my hair dried and I went to wash it out my hair felt all weird and stiff during my wash! I was actually hard to lather my hair!:confused:

I washed my hair about 3 times to try to help it and used Biolage and then followed up with pure coconut oil after it dried.
I need to wash that out after I have let it set and I hope all the rosewater is now out.
Has anyone experienced this hair problem after using rosewater?
Also I used it on a family member and his hair has the same weird feel after his wash. I am going to oil his hair and hope it improves. If anyone has an ideas on this I would love to hear them as I have heard nothing on this subject.

IvanaGil
June 18th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I've been using rosewater for quite a while and can't say I've experienced this. I hope someone can help you. I always use store bought rosewater.

midsummernight
June 18th, 2012, 05:00 PM
If you have an Indian or Pakistani store near where you live, you will find rose water for cheap. I bought a 8oz bottle for $1.99 today and I love the smell. And make sure you don't accidently get rosewater syrup.

robey
June 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I've been using rosewater for quite a while and can't say I've experienced this. I hope someone can help you. I always use store bought rosewater.

Thanks for your reply Ivana. I hope it hasn't done any damage to my hair or my family members that I used it on. I looked at your profile and your hair is so pretty. How long did it take you to reach your length? I saw that you use coconut oil also. I just started using it and love it I keep it in my hair as much as I can and only go without it when I have to go out. I saw you put it in your hair twice a day I would love to be able to keep mine in when I go out of the house but mine looks to oily, do you have any tips?