PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell a diff. in texture, condition? PICS

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Can you tell a difference in condition? I think it looks better. The second pic was just freshly brushed with my soft bristle but still my hair doesn't stay tamed. ;-P

3 weeks ago!!!!!! Omg I just looked at the date of this pic on my phone!! . http://i45.tinypic.com/2jcsyeh.jpg

6/18/12
Today--- http://i46.tinypic.com/35li25h.jpg

ladonna
June 18th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yep big difference. Very beautiful.

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
I hope so!! ty

AspenSong
June 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think it DEF looks better! :D

vindo
June 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
It looks great! Not sure what you mean by tamed, I think the texture is nice in both pics, just your wavies doing their thing.:)

Five of Five
June 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I think so too. I love it how your hair seems to be reflecting rainbow colours! Amazing :).

Bunnysaur
June 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
It looks a lot smoother in the second pic. And that looks like some super fast growth!

afu
June 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
wow, that is some impressive growth - it looks fab

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 05:58 PM
It's been growing amazing since I started eating "pescatarian" instead of vegan. Farm raised salmon from Whole Foods Market, 2x/week. Pasture raised organic eggs, goat yogurt, plenty of fruits and vegetables!! Amazing. I also take a fish oil supplement by Spectrum at Whole Foods and a multivitamin sometimes. My hair in Feb was damaged badly and I had to cut it up to my shoulder area. It was very flat...terrible looking. Now, I'm much more pleased! Oiiiiii ;D Thanks to everyone who have helped me!!

Bunnysaur
June 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
It's been growing amazing since I started eating "pescatarian" instead of vegan. Farm raised salmon from Whole Foods Market, 2x/week. Pasture raised organic eggs, goat yogurt, plenty of fruits and vegetables!! Amazing. I also take a fish oil supplement by Spectrum at Whole Foods and a multivitamin sometimes. My hair in Feb was damaged badly and I had to cut it up to my shoulder area. It was very flat...terrible looking. Now, I'm much more pleased! Oiiiiii ;D Thanks to everyone who have helped me!!

I knew eating more fish would be good for growth! Sadly I live with two incredibly cheap guys who both hate fish :rolleyes:

carolinaberry
June 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
It looks beautiful and soft. You grew from SL to MBL in 3 months? Or am I reading the date of the SL wrong?

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
@ CarolinaBerry

I looked at the date of my haircut and it was the end of January. From there, It's past BSL now which is 5 months. My hair has been growing super fast ALL over my body (in normal places of course lol). I have to trim my eye brows every other day or I'll look like a monkey ;\ Yes, very fast thankfully!

catamonica
June 18th, 2012, 06:07 PM
In the second picture your hair looks shiner & really thick. Your hair is beautiful!

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Aww TY. I was hoping there was a difference with all the work I've been doing. I also use coconut oil 1/week. And leave in protein the day before I wash it sometimes (2-3 times p/week). I don't use heat, I get plenty of sun, eat right, and exercise.

carolinaberry
June 18th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Aww TY. I was hoping there was a difference with all the work I've been doing. I also use coconut oil 1/week. And leave in protein the day before I wash it sometimes (2-3 times p/week). I don't use heat, I get plenty of sun, eat right, and exercise.
Your hair does look beautiful!

Falcore
June 18th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I can see an improved difference - looks lovely!

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Awesome!! I got so many compliments today out and about!

Atira
June 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Woah that has got o be the fastest hair growth I e Sedna, send growth vibes over there! Can you get results with fish oil capsules? I'm a vegetarian and can't eat fish.

Amygirl8
June 18th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Definitely ;D
Your hair is gorgeous!

panffle
June 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Your hair looks really nice and soft, so beautiful! And, you just gave me another reason to eat more fish...!

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I forgot to add, I also drink well water from an artesian well. It has sulphur in it, which stimulates hair growth. Also, I’ve been using grass fed whey shakes daily to help my hair thicken after losing so much by being vegan.

BrightEyes
June 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Wow, you've had some amazing growth! Your hair is beautiful, I love the color and waves:)

jacqueline101
June 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Looks good.

Not Lynn Merely
June 18th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Woah that has got o be the fastest hair growth I e Sedna, send growth vibes over there! Can you get results with fish oil capsules? I'm a vegetarian and can't eat fish.

Wait, so you are thinking of trying fish oil capsules? Fish oil is made of fish, so it is not vegetarian. (Of course, if I have misinterpreted you, please ignore this.)

Five of Five
June 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM

Not to thread hijack, but you can buy Vegan EPA and DHA (long chain Omega 3) capsules made out of microalgae. I use one by Deva, they're fantastic. You can easily get short chain ALA with flaxseed or chia.

Anywhere
June 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM
:thud: That's like 10" of growth in 4 months, and it looks like you had it trimmed since the ends are exceptionally blunt in the May picture.
:thudpile:

I really can't tell much of a difference in texture, but apparently I'm pretty bad at that. To me it just looks brushed. Not saying it looks bad, it looks great. Very smooth and flyaway free. :p

I think your BSL in the first picture looks more of an APL to me, though. The length looks about BSL+2" in the top one.

SurferB
June 18th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Not to thread hijack, but you can buy Vegan EPA and DHA (long chain Omega 3) capsules made out of microalgae. I use one by Deva, they're fantastic. You can easily get short chain ALA with flaxseed or chia.

Yep, you can definitely get DHA & EPA from the microalgae and it's veggie friendly. I just went with the one I saw that also had vitamin D, so good deal ;-P

Five of Five
June 19th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Clearly, what you are doing right now is working wonderfully for you!

I'm glad you're feeling better now and have made such an awesome comeback ;).

SurferB
June 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM
It funny because when I was a kid, my hair never grew. But once I became a teen my hair started growing uber fast! Weird!

SurferB
June 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
@Anywhere-- Yeah, I'll have to measure! It's been 5 months total since it's the end of June and I cut it the end of January around the same time.

Anywhere
June 19th, 2012, 04:41 PM
@Anywhere-- Yeah, I'll have to measure! It's been 5 months total since it's the end of June and I cut it the end of January around the same time.

4 months or 5, it is still :thudpile: to me. :p

dwell_in_safety
June 19th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I wish my hair grew that fast! I can definitely tell a difference in the condition of yours over the last month. It looks quite a bit better now. :)

SurferB
June 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
I wish I had pics of it when I first started...It was really dried out, and flat.

SurferB
June 20th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Okay, now I'm really going to shock you all...I just looked at my picture of the 1st listed above on my phone, and it was taken 3 weeks ago, not 1 month ago. This is definitely a shocker for me bc my hair has grown sooo much this month!! WOW!