PDA

View Full Version : Does hair alternate speeds of growth?

Rufflebutt
June 18th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I remember back in November, I would easily get about an inch of growth. Since my hair is naturally light auburn and dyed black, it's really easy to see how much growth I get at the roots of my hair. For the past few months, I've only gotten about a half inch. Does hair speed up and slow down on occasion? Is this normal?

RapunzelKat
June 18th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Yes, I think this is pretty normal - many people experience faster growth during the warmer months. :) My hair seems to grow fastest in the summer, but I've never really measured my growth rate so I can't say for sure how much faster it grows. Other factors, such as diet, can also affect growth rate.

Welcom to TLHC, by the way! :D

Rufflebutt
June 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yes, I think this is pretty normal - many people experience faster growth during the warmer months. :) My hair seems to grow fastest in the summer, but I've never really measured my growth rate so I can't say for sure how much faster it grows. Other factors, such as diet, can also affect growth rate.

Welcom to TLHC, by the way! :D
Thankyou! I'm really impressed by how nice and friendly the people are here. :P I haven't seen anywhere so peaceful on the internet since.. ever. XD

spidermom
June 18th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Yes. I used to measure every 3 months (once each season) and keep notes. I got as little as 3/4 inches during the entire winter, but 2 inches in three months during both summer and fall.

JellyBene
June 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, mine does, I can tell for certain how fast it grows because my roots are blonde and the length is black. Some months I get well over an inch of growth, other months it truly doesn't grow at all.

ladonna
June 18th, 2012, 04:21 PM
My hair grows fast enough to notice in the summer, slow growth in winter. And my hair grows slower around the edges along my hair line.

KAggs
June 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I actually haven't thought of this before! For me, I think the rate changes especially when I'm consistently eating right and taking my vitamins. I haven't noticed if the growth rate changes due to the season, but now I'll keep an eye out for it.

Sylvestrix
June 18th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Ive definitely found that my growth rate changes, though it used to worry me something awful I've grown accustomed to it over time! Slow periods can still be a drag though!

My hair grows fast enough to notice in the summer, slow growth in winter. And my hair grows slower around the edges along my hair line.

I;ve noticed this too! There are areas of my hair especially around my temples and ears that I don't need to dye for months at a time- looks amusing when my roots have grown in significantly everywhere else, which has prompted people to ask my why I've only dyed certain bits of my hair :eyebrows: