PDA

View Full Version : Seriously considering cutting about 6.5"...

nobeltonya
June 18th, 2012, 08:38 AM
OK, I was originally trying to get at least to classic, but my hair is really starting to get in the way during "play time" :eyebrows: And, now that I've figured out how to manage at this length, it should be a piece of cake at about 34"? That should put it somewhere b/w waist and tbone.. about elbow length. I didn't want to cut it, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm more sure I'd be happier with it at that length.. at least it'd still be relatively long. I don't even remember much of it at that length.. it would have been about a year ago. :p

CurlySasha
June 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I think your hair is lovely, but it's your choice :)
Think about it long and hard, because we all know how long it will take to grow back if you miss it. If you really think you want shorter, start by cutting off 2 inches or so and take it from there! :D

heidi w.
June 18th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Do what makes you happy. But what is your reason for cutting? It sounds as though you just feel like it. And what do you mean by play time?

heidi w.

nobeltonya
June 18th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Yeah, it'll take a good year to grow it back to this length. I'm still debating, though... because I do like it at this length also. :) Heidi - "play time" means sex.. :rolling:

deltadeliquent
June 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Com'n Heidi, get with the program! :)

swearnsue
June 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I don't think of you as an impulsive person so you have probably given this a lot of thought. I think you should go ahead and cut it, maybe try 4 or 5 inches? Then in a couple of weeks you could cut more if you want to?

nobeltonya
June 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
swearnsue - That's what I was thinking. See if I like it at that length before I go any shorter.. I don't want to go too much shorter, because I really do like having it longer. Plus, too short and I look like 12. :rolling: And I still want to buy some nifty hair toys, and it has to be long enough to use them. :)

MeowScat
June 18th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Cutting that much off at once, especially before you reach your goal, could end up making you unhappy. I've done that so many times and wished I hadn't.

What if you cut 1 inch per week or two?

I understand your desire to try a shorter length, but I'd hate to hear that you regret taking off a year's worth of growth all at once.

Let us know what you decide to do and good luck! :)

longhairedleah
June 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Oh my, I first thought you wanted to cut it to 6.5 inches, not cut 6.5 inches OFF!! Haha

I was going to suggest putting in a braid or something when it's time to play, no need for a mushroom cut!!

Now that I'm less confused, I agree with cutting in increments, start with a few inches and see how that feels before making a major chop!

IvanaGil
June 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I'm at mid-butt length and I know what you mean! My hair turns into one giant dread after "play time" but I almost always have my hair in a braid, so just try to keep it up and away. "Play time" hair is not worth cutting it off! Trust me! On the rare occasion, I have found that it leaves me with some nice curls (of course with some frizz).

jeanniet
June 18th, 2012, 02:09 PM
I think just 2-3 inches might make quite a bit of difference, so I'd start with that and then see if you feel like you need to go shorter.

akilina
June 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Haha play time huh?:eyebrows: lol.
Ya know...if you feel like doing it I guess I say why not?
Your length looks like a great accomplishment to me. If you feel like you want to hack a lil off then you should since you already have made it to such a beautiful length.
Or as many suggest, just trim 3 inches you might be happier :)

Amber_Maiden
June 18th, 2012, 02:24 PM
How about trim about 3in and see how you feel? Then trim more if you like.

nobeltonya
June 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Oh my, I first thought you wanted to cut it to 6.5 inches, not cut 6.5 inches OFF!! Haha

I was going to suggest putting in a braid or something when it's time to play, no need for a mushroom cut!!

Now that I'm less confused, I agree with cutting in increments, start with a few inches and see how that feels before making a major chop!
I actually laughed out loud :D Thanks, ladies, for all of your suggestions. Generally I wouldn't have a problem with it anyway, I'd just throw it up in a lazy wrap bun w/a stick and I'm good to go.. except on my back, that doesn't work at all.. sorry, TMI. :rolling: But, the next best thing [so far] is a side pony hawser braided.. the hawser braid survives the best. :D I just have to deal with flipping it out of the way. But, after so many years of growing, I'd also miss it. Even for that. :eyebrows: I may just continue on my quest for classic and work around it. :cheese:

WaterMusic
June 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Well I'm just going to be blunt and say that I put it up in a cinnabun right on the top of my head, with spin pins during sex. Or a regular English braid. Works when I'm on my back.

RitaPG
June 18th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I know of a longhaired girl that made braiding part of her sexy time routine. May not work for everyone, but the waiting sure amps up the excitement for some. Don't ask me how I know :p
Even nicer, teach your man to braid your hair? :o doesn't have to be perfect, just a way of keeping it tamed while you're at it.
If you do cut, I agree with previous coments, don't cut that much in one sitting, go for smaller trims instead.

Mesmerise
June 18th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Well... my hair's never been that long, but I can't imagine I'd cut it off for "play time" lol... I'd just figure out a better way of getting it out of the way ;).

But I concur with others that if you DO feel like cutting, do it a bit at a time!! (Mind you I got a bit addicted to "a bit at a time" last year and ended up cutting off 9" in total!! Of course, mine was cause of straggly ends though ;))

meteor
June 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Why not just adjust the hairstyle (loose braid or even ponytail) or positions :D ?
I don't think either hair or "play time" quality should suffer.

And what do you mean by play time?

That made me laugh quite a bit! :)

fiddlefananb
June 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM
I LOVE this thread! I have looked for a thread like this for a long time but was afraid to post one of my own. I have been dying to know what everyone with waist length and beyond does with their hair during sex. I like to leave mine down, but my husband usually ends up lying on it or get's it tangled in his hands. I dread the brushing afterward because my hair tangles and knots up just looking at it.

MeowScat
June 19th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Well I'm just going to be blunt and say that I put it up in a cinnabun right on the top of my head, with spin pins during sex. Or a regular English braid. Works when I'm on my back.

This! I Cinnabun with Spin Pins or a scrunchie (it holds better) right on TOP of my head like I do to sleep. You won't lay on it while on your back.

The Cinnabun is great because it takes less than 10 seconds to make once you flip your hair over and if he wants it down during, it takes less than 5 seconds to take out which he might find sexy watching your hair fall.

Once playtime is over, depending on how much time, you could end up with the added benefit of bun waves. Also sexy.

Rock on, girl. ;)

UP Lisa
June 19th, 2012, 11:08 AM
I just have mine in a braid.

BittSweetCherry
June 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I was a finger-breadth past classic a week ago (my goal length) but after 18 months of no trims, the ends were scraggly, dry, velco-like and frustrating me. "An incident during "playtime" was the final straw. I'm back at hip now but it looks barely past waist, and I instantly realised I'd taken off too much.

If complications during extra-curricular activities is your only problem then it can fairly easily be avoided. However, I personally found once I'd hit lower tailbone that the ends were getting damaged way too easily, even though my hair is bunned 98% of the time. I concur with others - trim back a couple of inches at a time, not 7 inches like I did!

nobeltonya
June 19th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'll have to try a bun on top of my head.. we'll see how well it'll hold up. :D Otherwise, braids work pretty well, except they get really knotty when I'm trying to take them out afterward..

Avital88
June 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM
dont cut off that much in once, i did it too and i regret!
try 3 inches or so first and see if it improves the play time ;-)

nobeltonya
June 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
That's what I've been thinking.. because if I do cut that much off, I'll wish I hadn't. I really don't want to cut any.. I'm trying to make it to classic. I may just hover there, but still have 2.5" to go.. not much more. I'm going to try bunning on top of my head first. I wonder if a french twist would hold up.. *ponders* :rolling:

SpinDance
June 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I just do a Nautilus type bun high enough it isn't in the way, held with a medium Flexi. Medium is a bit tight on me, as I usually wear a large, but for sleeping or play time the medium is better, doesn't stick out so far. As others have said, you can certainly include your hair protection in the, um, early phases, shall we say. ;) Braids work, too, but the high/top bun is faster and keeps out of the way better.

lmfbs
June 19th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I usually french/english braid for playtime. Once my hair got past BSL I really couldn't have it down for that. It's also a good excuse (as if you ever need one) to be on top!

nobeltonya
June 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, I really don't like being on my back much anyway.. :eyebrows: