PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU! & dire "dye" question! :)

ElleLove
June 18th, 2012, 08:01 AM
hello LHC members!! so i don't post on here very often at all, but i will admit i stalk constantly. :D and i would firstly like to thank you for the immense amount of helpful tips & tidbits i have gotten from various threads!! while i've definitely had some bad hair days since joining as i attempted to figure out what does and does not work for my hair, i'm at a point now where it is looking a 100% better than it did earlier this year! things like saying goodbye to heat, sulfate-free shampoo, homemade oil/protein treatments, silk pillowcases, using a tangle teezer, etc. have all been amazingly invaluable advice ~ and i owe it all to YOU GUYS! so, THANK YOU!!!

now, time for my question {with some back-story}: i do dye my hair and don't plan on stopping any time soon. reason? i'm 27 and have a plethora of gray hairs; i'm just not ready yet to display them. so i've been using permanent hair dye of various shades of brown (i'm a natural brunette) for the past 4 years. however, i KNOW that these chemicals are terribly unhealthy for my hair & scalp. i've skimmed & scanned this site for a sort of "natural hair color for dummies" type of article/thread, but i got overwhelmed at the jargon i'm not accustomed to -- henna? indigo? cassia? :confused: i'm so confused. i would just like a way to color my hair as safely as possible a more natural [for me] brunette shade. can anyone educate me so that this can be made possible? ---or point me in the direction of a helpful thread/article i must have overlooked??

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Tisiloves
June 18th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Have you tried this? Expressions with Henna- Coloring Hair Naturally byNightshade (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=7)

It has explainations and some mixes for various shades.