PDA

View Full Version : To Fringe or not to Fringe? Pics.

pink.sara
June 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
I'm debating cutting a fringe/bangs into my hair again.

It seems like now it's longer I wear it up so much more and I'm starting to get a sore spot by the end of the day from putting the front in a poof/quiff and pinning it.

But I think pulling it straight back is really severe on me and I'm not quite ready for the "tight bunned mean old lady" club yet ;)

So here is my hair last week:
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/SaraNadineBrown/Redhair.jpg

And here are a few fringes past:
http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/SaraNadineBrown/Xmas2010-1.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/SaraNadineBrown/March2009Afterthebigchop.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/SaraNadineBrown/WhiteblondeJuly2009.jpg

As always honest opinions welcome, if you think I look like a slaphead and desperately need a fringe feel free not to mince words :D

rach
June 17th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I think no fringe softens your look well.
Love the colour !!!

akilina
June 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Always love your colors.:blossom:
I feel like you look really good with both, yet having no bangs with the long pretty hair of yours just makes it flow so nicely.
If you did do it you could always grow em out again.
Are you wanting the change back? I am normally really biased towards bangs because I will probably never give mine up.

pink.sara
June 17th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I think no fringe softens your look well.
Love the colour !!!

Thank you Rach, your reds have always been something I loved :)

Always love your colors.:blossom:
I feel like you look really good with both, yet having no bangs with the long pretty hair of yours just makes it flow so nicely.
If you did do it you could always grow em out again.
Are you wanting the change back? I am normally really biased towards bangs because I will probably never give mine up.

Hmm... It's more flowing and pretty when it's just washed, but it gets greasy in one day so I either need to wash every morning and airdry for hours, which is super damaging now it's bleached, or stretch washes and tie it up on day 2 possibly 3...
With a fringe I can shampoo that only and it looks clean. Then I have the option of leaving my natural oils to save the bleachy bits! Fringes make cheating easier ;)

BrightEyes
June 17th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I think you look pretty either way, but I really like your bangs especially in the second picture. You could also do a side swept bang that would look really pretty with updos:)

allycat
June 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I prefer the one without a fringe. Your face shape and eyes are lovely. But if you were to go with one, I think a less blunt, less heavy fringe, maybe something like this?

http://www.iknowhair.com/wp-content/uploads/long-hairstyles-with-bangs-13.jpg

EtherealDoll
June 17th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I like no fringe better. Your eyes stand out much more on the first picture than on the ones with fringe.

4C4rly4
June 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Cut a fringe! You look good with it! I actually cut one myself last night :D

pink.sara
June 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I think you look pretty either way, but I really like your bangs especially in the second picture. You could also do a side swept bang that would look really pretty with updos:)

I prefer your hair without a fringe. Your face shape is lovely. But if you were to go with one, I think a less blunt, less heavy fringe, maybe something like this?

http://www.iknowhair.com/wp-content/uploads/long-hairstyles-with-bangs-13.jpg

OOOh! See this is why I asked, thank you for the awesome suggestions :flower:

I always go for the heavy blunt 50's fringe then just grow it all out. So a sideswept sort of flirty fringe has never happened. That Kate Moss fringe is awesome. I wonder how you style that....?!

shutterpillar
June 17th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I think you look better without it.

spidermom
June 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Well, I mean who cares, but I think the fringe makes your face look kind of squashed-down and wide. So I prefer without.

pink.sara
June 17th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Well, I mean who cares, but I think the fringe makes your face look kind of squashed-down and wide. So I prefer without.

Well over the past few years when I've been a shortie it didn't really matter, I'd cut one in... grow it out in a year and not really consider it. But now its longer the idea of trying to grow out a big chunk that wont blend with the length for years is making me hesitate.

But if the general consensus is that I look like one of my Pugs with then.... ;)

jacqueline101
June 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I like the fringe pictures.

DoubleCrowned
June 17th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I'm leaning toward bangs, but I would like to see pictures without bangs with a big smile to make the comparison easier.

Vanilla
June 17th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I dislike the blunt fringe on you as well. The pictures of you with bangs that are longer seem to be more flattering to your face shape. I think the long side swept bangs might look amazing on your face shape.

share801
June 17th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I don't think the blunt fringe is flattering. Perhaps side bangs?

Othala
June 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Oh my word, you are beautiful.

I vote for "no fringe". I think a fringe/bangs are unflattering on you and your current longer hair without a fringe/bangs elongates your face and accentuates your eyes.

MintChocChip
June 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I think you look very beautiful in the no fringe pic, so I'm voting for no fringe too.

Toiréasa
June 17th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Love the new color and no fringe,but I have to agree with some of the others if you decide to go with a fringe a side swept would be flattering.

lapushka
June 17th, 2012, 03:53 PM
I like the way it is now, without the fringe.

ladonna
June 17th, 2012, 03:59 PM
With no fringe I noticed your pretty eyes and awesome skin. With the fringe I see the fringe first then your eyes.

Toadstool
June 17th, 2012, 04:13 PM
With no fringe I noticed your pretty eyes and awesome skin. With the fringe I see the fringe first then your eyes.

This. I think your eyes look AMAZING without a fringe, but with it i don't even notice them.
But I think you want a fringe :)

Alexblue
June 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
no fringe :-)

pepperminttea
June 17th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Agreed; a vote of 'no fringe' from me. Maybe face-framing layers of some variety would work to soften updos? :)

longNred
June 17th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Love how it is now! No fringe!

Amygirl8
June 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I prefer you without it, the hair looks great with your face shape.
If anything, some long side bangs would look pretty good :]

Tisiloves
June 17th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I vote long side fringe/face framing layers (because I'm special and it's a good compromise, especially if it's long enough to tuck behind your ears).

Seeshami
June 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I like no fringe.

I also love clip in bangs. You can have fun colors and get the best of both worlds

bumblebums
June 17th, 2012, 05:55 PM
The pics look so different--did you lose weight since the fringe? Your face looks more oval w/o it, and more round/wider with. So if you want a more classical look, I would go for no fringe...

And, you don't look old enough to worry about the mean old lady with a bun problem :)

long&blonde
June 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
You are lovely with and without fringe!
Love the colors!
This is speaking from the much less energy of a gal 57,
I too debated going back to fringe.
Settled for long layers.
OMG. Do not like.
They reminded me clearly my days of having long layered hairs and fringe that layed just right:were 2 decades ago, when I blew dry daily. My layers seem to live to blow into my mouth, my eyes, the bite or sip of whatever I just took.
That's all I think they are doing. Not even looking soft or cute:just annoying me.
So I now believe fringe would be, in my case, more of the same.
I loved it when I had it, but do think back to the year you last had fringe:how were you styling it? How often did you wash, and with what? Things like that. Do you now work out, wear glasses more? If those things have changed,it does really affect your pleasure with a style you used to love.

lacefrost
June 17th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Honestly, I love your hair best without a fringe. But that's when it's down. Can you post pictures of your hair when it's up in a bun?

GlennaGirl
June 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
I absolutely love you with a fringe. The first and third pictures, not the 2nd pic with the very heavy fringe.

I feel like a fringe just makes your face come alive.

Not Lynn Merely
June 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I vote no fringe.

If you want something to soften a bun, I say have just two short pieces that fall a bit lower than your chin and are easy to tuck behind your ears if need be.

And I don't think someone with such daring hair could ever appear to have an "old lady bun"!

AspenSong
June 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Another vote for Without! You've got a pretty face that pulls off no bangs perfectly IMO :D

Ml001
June 17th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I vote long side fringe/face framing layers (because I'm special and it's a good compromise, especially if it's long enough to tuck behind your ears).

This was my thought as well - if you really want/need to change it up. But I really like what you have currently with no fringe - very pretty.

KwaveT
June 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I am always biased towards no fringe and I like no fringe better on you also.

Micayla47
June 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM
i vote fringe. you look very young and feminine with them.:D

Jade_Pixie
June 18th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Fringe <3 so so cute/vampy/sexy!

pink.sara
June 18th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Blimey, thank you for all the feedback and apologies I can't respond to everyone personally (I am reading through everything though!)

I'm guessing we are leaning heavily towards no fringe so I am going to step away from the scissors :) At least as far as a blunt fringe goes...

Oh my word, you are beautiful.

I vote for "no fringe". I think a fringe/bangs are unflattering on you and your current longer hair without a fringe/bangs elongates your face and accentuates your eyes.

Thank you :flower:
This longer face thing is a definite plus as I'm a bit of a Pug with the fringe I guess ;)

This. I think your eyes look AMAZING without a fringe, but with it i don't even notice them.
But I think you want a fringe :)

Thank you, having looked again you are right about the eyes.

Agreed; a vote of 'no fringe' from me. Maybe face-framing layers of some variety would work to soften updos? :)

It really is just updo's that bother me, maily because I also have big ears that stick out, so a bun is a bit harsh!

This is now where I'm leaning :)

The pics look so different--did you lose weight since the fringe? Your face looks more oval w/o it, and more round/wider with. So if you want a more classical look, I would go for no fringe...

And, you don't look old enough to worry about the mean old lady with a bun problem :)

I haven't lost any weight on the scales, I just seem to have lost a bit of the softness I had when I was younger going into my 30's?! The most recent fringe picture is from 2 years ago!

@long&blonde

Everything you said is true, you do spend most of your time outside eating a long layer.... :rolleyes:

Honestly, I love your hair best without a fringe. But that's when it's down. Can you post pictures of your hair when it's up in a bun?

Haha, I will indeed take a mean old lady pic with a bun when I get home tonight, then you can see the giant forehead/ears issue :p

I absolutely love you with a fringe. The first and third pictures, not the 2nd pic with the very heavy fringe.

I feel like a fringe just makes your face come alive.

I always thought so too but I'm seeing the points people have made about having a squashed face a bit I think!

Thank you everyone for being Honest about it!!

Much to ponder :)

Seeshami
June 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I have to come back and change my vote, if you want to cut bangs just do it. They grow back. I lost my mind and cut my bangs, even though I hate fringe. I am having an identity crisis I think but it's a fun identity crisis.

oktobergoud
June 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I vote no! :)

jojo
June 20th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I like without better, though I think a side fringe would look good too. I just love all the colour changes, you have the ability to carry any look off

Lilli
June 21st, 2012, 07:43 AM

Yes, side-swept will look better than blunt with the rest of your hair.

Ice Fox
June 21st, 2012, 07:57 AM
I have to say you look supremely elegant without the fringe.