PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle from The Dark Knight

AmselJoey
July 31st, 2008, 04:43 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the right place in the forum to post about hairstyles, but it seemed the most appropriate one to me so here goes! :)

I was wondering if anyone else loved Maggie Gyllenhaal's hair as Rachel Dawes as much as I did. I particularly loved the hairstyle she wore to the party Bruce Wayne had for her boyfriend Harvey. The best I can describe it as is an off-to-one side slightly messy bun. I have been looking for pictures, but only found one good one and it only shows the side with the bun on it.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find stills from the movie that might show it from the front?

My cousin's bridal shower/bachelorette party is this Saturday and I thought this style would be perfect to carry me through both events. It simple but elegant, and my hair would be out of my hair all day and night, which is always a plus!

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

AmselJoey :happydance:

HairColoredHair
July 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
I found pics from both sides and the front, but have no idea how to go about doing it...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/ForensicVette/harve-rachel-snapshot20080504110431.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/ForensicVette/MV5BMjA3OTQ4OTU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTc.jpg
link, because of... well... it's the Joker. (http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/ForensicVette/dark_knight_14.jpg)

cindy58
July 31st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Yes, I like it too! Funny to see this, I just returned home from seeing the movie!

AmselJoey
July 31st, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thank you HairColoredHair! :D

Both of those pictures are much better than the one I found! YAY! :cheese:

I have a good friend that's a hairdresser who is doing the updo for me. Hopefully she will have some idea. I will probably end up modifying it anyway as I am too attached to my center part.

If it comes out well I will be sure to post some pics.

chrissy-b
July 31st, 2008, 11:46 PM
Ooooohhhhh...I loved her hairstyle in those scenes too.

Please do post pics and, if possible, how you achieved the style. I'd love to try it myself once my hair is longer.

Kuchen
August 1st, 2008, 01:34 AM
That's pretty much my standard hair do! I just make a cinnabun behind one ear and hold it with hair screws. Love it.

InDarkestKnight
August 1st, 2008, 06:39 AM
Best of luck with your own Rachel Dawes styling, I hope it works well for you. It certainly is a stylish look, isn't it?

FrannyG
August 1st, 2008, 06:46 AM
That really is a lovely style. I can't wait to see it in action on you! :)

AmselJoey
August 1st, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm so happy I am not the only one who loves it! (and probably not the only one obsessed with The Dark Knight either! ;))

Does anyone else see a braid in her bun? I tried to zoom in, but unfortunately the picture quality gets bad as you get closer.

I'm crossing my fingers that my hairdresser can pull it off, or at least some variation of it! I promise to watch closely and report back with instructions, though I am still an updo novice and only recently learned how to use hairsticks so they probably won't be the greatest.

Pictures I can guarantee! :D

AprilElf
August 6th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Sorry this is a bit late, but I just had to say I've had the opportunity to look closely at the 'bun in question' since first seeing this thread. I'm a cinema projectionist and we are currently screening two prints of The Dark Knight - so plenty of opportunity to review the scene. ;)
In terms of looking at this hair style it's a pity the lighting in most of this film is so dark. The pictures that HairColoredHair posted are good, though. In any case, I haven't seen any hint of a braid in the bun.

It's a really cute style, but I think I was more fascinated by the updo of Bruce Wayne's date (the ballerina) in an earlier scene. The hair was folded somehow, and clipped across the middle. The top part was fanned out slightly and the bottom part had three sections also slightly fanned. The bottom half was larger than the top half. And I haven't been able to find a picture of that either ... :rolleyes: