PDA

View Full Version : help needed for making hair videos

Kayla Nyx
June 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Hi guys. I just recently made a video trying to explain my recent chop and growth and things, but I found it very hard to carry on talking on one subject at a time and concentrating on what I ALL wanted to say in the video. I found out that I am kinda camera shy when It comes to video making, so to the youtubers on here, how can you do it? Do you just wing it or do you make little card and plan out what you're all going to say?

blah my nerves!!

well, here is my very first hair video! very quiet :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPg7_9KAmc&feature=plcp

I just want to sit there, all quite and just brush my hair. hehe.

And! DUH DUH DUH!! my second video!! I can talk :3 just mumble and stutter and say the wrong words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGthPu0k1Mk&feature=youtu.be

please leave some tips on how I can make my videos better :/

Madora
June 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Perhaps you could plan ahead and make a "script" of what you want to include instead of speaking ex tempore?

Also, if at all possible, pick a PLAIN background so there's not a lot of distracting things to look at. You want the focus on YOU, not what's in your bedroom/bathroom.

If you're going to be speaking away from the camera, put a little more volume in your voice so that the camera's audio will pick it up.

Your hair looked lovely in the second video!

lapushka
June 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Like Madora said, I'd plan ahead. Get a notebook and write down things to talk about, ideas for videos and such, possibly carry that around with you so you can jot things down during the day.

I looked at some of your other vids, and BTW you have a very cute dog! :)

Kayla Nyx
June 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks :) i will definitely do that next time. And thanks again! My dogs are spoiled little babies and i love them so much.

letibear
June 17th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Thank you for sharing the videos, your hair looks very nice in both of them.

As others said, you will feel more comfortable if you jot down at least an outline of what you want to talk about before you start, and dock the camera somewhere so that you can hold onto your notes instead. Maybe you can even have your "script" taped to the side of the camera or something so that you can look at it when you need to. :)

Good luck, I will subscribe to your channel!

Phalaenopsis
June 18th, 2012, 03:32 AM
My tip: just keep doing it :) You get more comfortable each time you do it, just give yourself some time ^^