PDA

View Full Version : 100% Pure

Jing
June 17th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I was looking (online) for a new conditioner to replace one I have that's running out, and the first thing I came across was 100% Pure Glossy Locks Honey Coconut Milk Conditioner.

Ingredients:
Infusion of GreenlTea, Burdock, Nettle,iRosemary, Peppermint, RoselPetals, Calendula andiHibiscus, Aloe Juice,lHoney, Rapeseed Oil,lVitamin E (a-tocopherol),lAvocado Butter, VirginlCoconut Oil, SheaiButter, Cetyl BabassuateiOil, Rice Protein,lWheat Protein, Panthenoll(Pro-Vitamin B5), ColloidaliOatmeal, Neem Oil,lVitamin C (ascorbylipalmitate), Coconut MilkiPowder, Citric Acid,iExtracts of JapaneseiHoneysuckle, Grapefruit Seed,iOregano, Thyme, Cinnamon,lLavender and Goldenseal,lCoconut Flavor.

Now, that's all nice and natural, but... rose petals? Actual rose petals? And all those other herbs, too. Are they... ground up or something? I wonder if this is the actual ingredient list or whether the herbs stand for EOs or extracts. Or maybe they boil all this stuff in a cauldron under the full moon light. There's a shampoo with the same name, and the first ingredient on that list is honey. There's proportionally more honey in the shampoo than anything else. What?

I'm intrigued, but I have no idea what to think, really. Has anyone tried any products by this company? Any thoughts on the ingredient list?

spidermom
June 17th, 2012, 12:15 PM
"Infusion of" is like making tea - soaking the herbs/flower petals in very hot water. They might have ground them up first but more likely dried them. Then all the solids are strained off.

Natalia
June 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
"Infusion of" is like making tea - soaking the herbs/flower petals in very hot water. They might have ground them up first but more likely dried them. Then all the solids are strained off.

yup this ^ and i havent used their hair stuff before honestly didnt know they made any lol. our healhfood store is really small and only carry some of their face and body stuff. everytime im in i use their sampler lotions i like them alot just havent had the money to buy them till now plan to get some stuff when i go in to pick up my special order stuff this week.

i have uber sensitive skin and terrible eczema and i havent reacted to any of their samples ive tried so thats a big selling point for me. i wouldnt hesitate to buy their stuff. if you ty it please update.

Othala
June 18th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Where are the preservatives?

Jing
June 18th, 2012, 03:55 AM

Oooh, I get it now! The punctuation threw me off. I didn't realize that they meant infusion of green tea and burdock and nettle and so on. This list needs semi-colons.

Beats me. Vitamin E is an antioxidant at least. There are certain things you don't need to name in ingredient lists in some places, though I have no idea what the regulations are and how much it varies between regions.

leylusha
June 18th, 2012, 04:58 AM

Vitamin C and citric acid are preservatives.

Dacia
June 18th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Japanese Honeysuckle Extract (http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/5/8/the-final-word-on-japanese-honeysuckle-extract.html) Grapefruit Seed Extract (http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/1/27/the-truth-about-grapefruit-seed-extract.html) :whistle:

Othala
June 19th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks leylusha and Dacia. I am suitably enlightened.

Jing
June 19th, 2012, 05:30 AM
I'm not sure whether it's the fact that there are so many members or if LHC just attracts some of the most knowledgeable people on the internet, but someone always has the answer! :cheese:

leylusha
June 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks leylusha and Dacia. I am suitably enlightened.

I'm not sure whether it's the fact that there are so many members or if LHC just attracts some of the most knowledgeable people on the internet, but someone always has the answer! :cheese:

It's because we all know our own individual detail stuff and when you add it all together you get a hugely valuable opensource knowledge base! Best forum ever :D

Othala
June 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yes I agree, :cheese: