PDA

View Full Version : unofficial goodbye :) (w/before and after pics)

kettle
July 31st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evening my lovelies!
I just wanted to say a very quick and very unofficial goodbye to you all; I'm moving house tomorrow, and won't have an internet connection, so won't be about too much from here on in. I'm not all that active a poster anyhow, so most likely it'll seem just the same! But I'm on here most days, and I shall miss you. It didn't feel right to pop off without saying tara :bluesmile
I've been here two and a bit years now, and - finally! - I've reached waist! And with that in mind, I can't resist the old "before and after" shots, especially since this is probably the last time I'll be able to post pictures for a while.

First ever LHC pic, May 2006:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/147561924_786937654f_m.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/47/147561924_786937654f_o.jpg)

And a couple of days ago (rope braid waves though, not natural!):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2712814743_796c4796d3_m.jpg (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3227/2712814743_4db347414b_o.jpg)
(both clickable!)

Thank you all for helping this to happen. My hair is fab and loved and I owe it to you! ;)
I will be about - my library has internet access, so I'll still be getting my LHC fix every now and then :bluesmile
Take care everyone! *love*

Flaxen
July 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM
Wow, your hair really looks fantastic! I hope you will get the chance to pop in now and again. :smile:

Koala Kim
July 31st, 2008, 04:58 PM
:thud:
Your hair is gorgeous!

Don't forget us! :)

jojo
July 31st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Beautiful hair, pop in when you can and let us know how your doing.

Hope your move goes without any hitches. xx

PseudoScot
July 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Wow! What beautiful hair - before and after- but especially after!

I do 'know' you and hope to still see you around when you can pop on. Good luck with the move!

morningstar
July 31st, 2008, 05:01 PM
Good luck and wishes in your new home. I do hope you come and visit once in a while. Your hair is very beautiful and your before picture and mine are very similar. I hope to have hair like your in 2 years. :)

kwaniesiam
July 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
Such pretty, healthy hair! Stop back in to say hi now and then and I hope you continue to use whatever you've learned here at LHC, it obviously is working :flowers:

DavidN
July 31st, 2008, 05:02 PM
What beautiful thick and healthy hair, Kettle, and thank you for sharing these photos.

I hope everything goes well in your move, and be sure to stop on by and say hi once in a while!

Riot Crrl
July 31st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Mods! Forum suicide!

I'm totally joking. Your hair looks wonderful and I hope your move goes smoothly and you can manage to pop in from the library at times.

EmpressRi
July 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
I don't know you but your hair is gorgeous!!

frizzinator
July 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM
Gorgeous hair!

dorothea-brooke
July 31st, 2008, 05:46 PM
Holy mackerel! Your hair is just lovely.

Enjoy it in your new adventure! :flower:

dorothea

AerisDawn
July 31st, 2008, 06:11 PM
:toast: Good luck with the new house and congratulations on the beautiful long hair!

girlcat36
July 31st, 2008, 06:15 PM
You had great growth over the last two years, and the braid waves are gorgeous!

spidermom
July 31st, 2008, 06:31 PM
Gorgeous hair. Take care of it while we're not watching over you every second.

Aqualily30
July 31st, 2008, 06:32 PM
Good luck in your new home. Your hair is beautiful!

Xandergrammy
July 31st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Your hair really is gorgeous. I hope you can keep up with us from the library. :flowers:

Alun
July 31st, 2008, 07:06 PM
Won't there be a phone line? I guess a lot of people now only have cell phones, but you could get a phone line connected just for the net. That's all we use ours for. We long ago reached the sad conclusion that broadband is never coming (we live in a town, but we're the only house on this side of the road). All I fear is that the dialup companies will one day close down because 'everyone has broadband', LOL!

Sofoulee
July 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
Kettle! You're hair rocks! I can only hope and pray that my hair grows out to be as long and as healthy as yours in two years and some change. haha.

Good luck with your move! Hope to see you around here sometime :D

Paniscus
July 31st, 2008, 07:29 PM
As others have said here, "WOW!" Your hair is certainly gorgeous! I hope all goes well in your move and that you'll have time to stop by LHC once in awhile.

atlantaz3
July 31st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yikes I can't imagine my life with out internet and a computer....
Beautiful hair - little green monster lurking here.

ReadingRenee
July 31st, 2008, 07:49 PM
wow you have beautiful hair! Very inspirational pictures! Good luck with your move. :)

cindy58
July 31st, 2008, 08:08 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal -- what beautiful hair you have! Good Luck with your move!

FrannyG
July 31st, 2008, 08:12 PM
Isn't it funny that I was just on your profile page today, looking at your photos?

Your hair really is lovely, and I congratulate you on reaching such a wonderful goal.

I do hope you'll find some time to say hello when you have some internet access and some time.

I wish you well on your move and everything else. :blossom:

Ndnlady
July 31st, 2008, 08:15 PM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful!:)

curly girl fla
July 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Gorgeous hair, and amazing growth since you started. Another poster said inspirational...it is indeed...good luck with your move.

Stagecoach
July 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
Oh I've wondered what has become of you Kettle! I"m delighted to see your hair has grown soo much, it looks beautiful! I hope you can stay in touch with us all and keep growing.

allyall
July 31st, 2008, 09:42 PM
What beautiful hair and awesome progress! :)

justgreen
July 31st, 2008, 10:14 PM
Another great LHC success story! Have fun moving and hurry back to us!

Poetic
July 31st, 2008, 10:28 PM
You hair is beautiful; and, I must say, that is wonderful growth in two years. Enjoy your new adventures.:)

Shell
July 31st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Take care, and we'll enjoy even sporadic visits! Lovely hair.

jessie58
July 31st, 2008, 11:17 PM
Goodbye for now, and I agree with the others, your hair is incredibly gorgeous.

ChloeDharma
July 31st, 2008, 11:23 PM
Good luck with the move....and your hair certainly does look fantastic! Hopefully you'll get your net back soon xxx

Amoretti
August 1st, 2008, 03:28 AM
Take care and pop in whenever you can. Your hair is beautiful! :flowers:

pariate
August 1st, 2008, 03:40 AM
Kettle, your hair is sooooo beautiful! Well done you :D

I wish you every possible happiness in your new home. May it be filled with laughter and good times! Good luck with the move (ooooh, I just noticed that you're another UKer!) and thank heavens that the weather has lifted in time for moving! lol.

All the best
x

morgwn
August 1st, 2008, 03:58 AM
Best of luck with your move and I hope you love your new area.

I'm most impressed with your progress and I do definitely hope that you'll stop in over this way every once in a while. :)

Little_Bird
August 1st, 2008, 04:08 AM
God! It's not everyday I see hair as beautyfull as yours! You can sure be glad you grow it, it's fabulous indeed!

It's great to know that you like people here and you'll miss visiting more often. Internet is everywhere nowadays, so when you feel like it, just go to your library or a cyber cafe and drop by :)

We'll be seeing ya! :flower:

Tap Dancer
August 1st, 2008, 04:53 AM
Your hair looks great! :flower:

mellie
August 1st, 2008, 05:39 AM
Gorgeous hair!!

JessTheMess
August 1st, 2008, 07:19 AM
Good luck with your move... Your hair is gorgeous!!

sexyjacksparrow
August 1st, 2008, 07:31 AM
Wow!! Your hair looks gorgeous, Kettle - you've had some great growth.

I do hope everything goes well with your house move and that if you get internet access you will pop back sometime to let us know how you are getting on.

paper
August 1st, 2008, 08:18 AM
Absolutely gorgeous hair!

Hope to see you soon, good luck!

Iylivarae
August 1st, 2008, 09:09 AM
Absolutely gorgeous locks!

I hope you won't have troubles while moving.

OhioLisa
August 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
That is some fabulous looking hair! Truly beautiful. Hope all goes well with the move! :)

kettle
August 14th, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'm reluctant to bump this thread up, but this is the first time I've had chance to have a look back at it - and I just wanted to acknowledge and thank you all for being so flaming lovely. I feel like I've had a tripple shot of LHC loveliness. The compliments are so appreciated! :cloud9:
And while I'm replying: the move went okay! Thank you all! I'm still in York, so it was pretty straight forward. And life without the internet's not SO bad... though Alun you have my sympathies! There might even be a chance, once I get my finances together, that we'll be able to afford it. That's the only reason I'm without it. We shall see!
And there's no chance I'm straying from my LHC ways. It's CO all the way for me for the foreseeable. And an SMT tonight as it happens :D
Thank you all, you lovely people. I'll see you all around :cool: :grouphug:

Just_Isabel
August 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Wow Kettle, your hair is so beautiful. :thud:
I'm glad the move went well and that you don't seem to be suffering too much from internet deprivation. :D

NurseMama
August 14th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Wow! That is some pretty hair! Your growth is fantastic!

lapushka
August 14th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Your hair looks fantastic. Love the braid waves! Congrats on such great progress!

MeMyselfandI
August 14th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Kettle,

Nice improvement with your length. Thank you for sharing.

I wish you all the best with the new place.

embee
August 14th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Glad the move went well, glad you can still check in here once in a while. Alun is not the only one with DialUp... I have other places for my money to go than broadband.

CO doesn't work for me, but it plainly works beautifully for you! :)