PDA

View Full Version : Cutting my own hair...

sarelis
June 17th, 2012, 03:50 AM
OK, so I've read the Feye's Self Trim guide & I think it looks pretty do-able, and I'm in the process of buying some decent hair scissors. I have have had a sort of mini brain wave over how to do my face framers, does anyone remember the 'How to Cut Your Own Hair' article that was posted on here a while ago, I think the original article was from the Daily Mail? It involved combing all your hair forward & putting it into a ponytail at the front of your hairline. I was thinking that if I did this with just the very front sections of my hair ( basically the bits I want as face framers) this would give me perfectly even layers, no? Otherwise I can see me struggling to get them even & hacking away in an effort to get them to look presentable until I have a sort of fringe from hell!

letibear
June 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Sadly, I am not familiar with those articles, and I have never cut my own hair so I can't make suggestions, but maybe you could find a video tutorial on YouTube that explains how to do it?

I came across this video, and there will be tons of related links to the side. But I'm not quite sure if it's what you're looking for ;-\

http://youtu.be/PWFcP_AJ79I

Dreamers91
June 17th, 2012, 09:47 PM
OK, so I've read the Feye's Self Trim guide & I think it looks pretty do-able, and I'm in the process of buying some decent hair scissors. I have have had a sort of mini brain wave over how to do my face framers, does anyone remember the 'How to Cut Your Own Hair' article that was posted on here a while ago, I think the original article was from the Daily Mail? It involved combing all your hair forward & putting it into a ponytail at the front of your hairline. I was thinking that if I did this with just the very front sections of my hair ( basically the bits I want as face framers) this would give me perfectly even layers, no? Otherwise I can see me struggling to get them even & hacking away in an effort to get them to look presentable until I have a sort of fringe from hell!

I remember this article, and would NOT recommend it!!

barely.there
June 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
I remember this article, and would NOT recommend it!!

I don't remember this article....but just visualizing it sounds sketchy. I wouldn't try it.

prettykitty
June 17th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I let a friend do the front of the head ponytail cut on me many, many years ago.... It did not go well. The front layers were so short I ended up having to get my whole head cut into a bob.