PDA

View Full Version : hair cholesterol?

lovinglocks
June 17th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Has anyone here used hair cholesterol? What did it do for your hair? Did you like it?

A friend of mine gave me hers, as she buys way too many products and then never uses them. I was ready to plop it in my hair, but I avoid using sulfates. This has sodium lauryl sulfate... And I'm not sure if it's really worth the try? I mean, once in awhile I'll use a friend's sulfate filled shampoo after swimming, but this is just to try another product...

Roscata
June 17th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I used this one (http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Beauty-Olive-Cholesterol-oz/dp/B005GS6A8W) as a protein treatment, the cholesterol stuff is usually a protein treatment. I left it on for 30 min - 1 hour which was more than the recommended 3 min so I ended up with protein overload which sent me into hair hell lol. If your hair likes protein you can use it as such, the people I know use it do so about once a month.

lovinglocks
June 17th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oh okay! Thanks for the info :)

AutumnLocks
August 3rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
I've actually used it and left it on over night. I just smeared it all over my hair and worked it in, then did two braids and slept on it that way. When I got up the next day I washed it with my normal shampoo and my hair was really nice for a long time. I guess my hair loves protein just like the rest of my body does..:o)

Cowgirl16
August 3rd, 2012, 09:19 AM
I just started using one from Sally's. The ends of my hair LOVE it :) I think it is a bit much for my scalp but I plan on using it maybe every week or two on my ends. It made them super soft :cheese:

akilina
August 3rd, 2012, 10:23 AM
This thread is not as new...but I find this stuff disgusting.
This is the crud we use on our doll heads for practice in school. Never on real people. Only because its not even that great or nutritious for your hair. It seems to leave a nasty coating mostly. Maybe I am so negative about it having to spend hours pretending it was real dye or bleach for practice on our doll heads in the first phase of beauty school. They even made us use it on eachother for scalp treatments. That smell gives me the heebiejeebies now for life.

Curly Crone
August 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
OK, so now I am curious....what the heck is cholesterol? Other than that stuff that is bad for our arteries...my imagination is picturing something like crisco.......:confused: I feel really dumb.

Arden
August 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
OK, so now I am curious....what the heck is cholesterol? Other than that stuff that is bad for our arteries...my imagination is picturing something like crisco.......:confused: I feel really dumb.

Acctually cholesterol is not bad for you.. thats a common misunderstanding. Your body produces cholesterol to protect and repair your arteries... Cholesterol only becomes "bad" when your body starts pileing it up in own spot...

Saying Cholesterol is bad is like saying because someone overfilled a drywall patch the putty is bad for doing walls...

I couldnt think of a more poetic example.. but you get the idea...

your body breaks down and repairs itself constantly. Cholesteral is part of that rebuilding process.... what happens is if someone has too much inflamation there body "overfills" the patch if you will and this can A- cause an arterial blockage, constriction.. or B a pice of the plauqe build up can break off into the blood stream and cause a stroke....

You have "good" cholesterol and . "bad" cholesterol and if you have HIGH levels of the "good" stuff it can acctually keep down the "bad" stuff....

How this relates to hair exactly? I donno... I was curious myself when I saw this stuff at Sally's awhile back... along with the "plecenta" mask.....

I think people just like experimenting with putting weird crap on there hair... that's just me... LOL

LoveAngelBeauty
August 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
This stuff is actually really good for the hair if you're looking for something cheap and effective. That's probably why they used it for everything in your beauty school, akilina, because it is cheap. I just used cholesterol conditioner last night (different brand) and it left my hair very soft and defined.