PDA

View Full Version : cwc method?

templeofvenus
June 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
can anyone advise on how to try this out I haven't done it before but would like to try it and would it help with taming a little frizz in wavy hair? thanks

Wildcat Diva
June 16th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Can't advise on this method exactly, but I would like to offer a tip on frizz. Ktani's article on mineral oil as a way to eliminate frizz won me over. Only need a couple of drops finger-combed into damp hair.

HintOfMint
June 17th, 2012, 01:16 AM
I regularly do CWC. Here's how it goes.

First I wet my hair in the shower.

Then I slather my length in a cheap conditioner like V05.

I leave that on and use shampoo (sulfate or sulfate free, doesn't matter) on the roots. I squirt a puddle of shampoo in one hand and then use the other hand to dot it evenly all over my scalp. Then I scrub my scalp to get the shampoo in a lather. I concentrate only at the roots, not the length.

I rinse it all out.

Then I slather on a heavier conditioner like I would normally and leave that on longer as I finish other shower things.

Rinse.

This tends to work best with cone-free shampoos and conditioners as this avoids shampoo on the length and some cones may build up without shampoo on the length.

I alternate every other wash with a sulfate-free shampoo on the length and regular conditioner.

Hope this was helpful!

PS~It helps stave off dryness on the length which helps mitigate some frizziness.

MeowScat
June 17th, 2012, 01:19 AM
I've been doing the CWC method for a few months now and it's great!

When you get in the shower, wet your hair and put conditioner on your length (sometimes I start it by my ears, othertimes by the nape). Then while the conditioner is on your length, put your shampoo (diluted, if you prefer it) on your scalp hair and massage / lather. The conditioner moisturizes while protecting the length from the shampoo drying it out. Now rinse out both. Then put your conditioner on as usual for a few minutes and rinse.

It's wonderful because you're not only protecting your length from your shampoo, but you're conditioning twice per wash.

It's genius. I'm so glad I learned this method here. Some people use an inexpensive conditioner for the first round to save money since you'll be using about twice the amount of conditioner every time you wash.

Give it a shot and let us know how you like it!

--MeowScat >^..^<

Henrietta
June 17th, 2012, 03:26 AM
I wet my hair in a shower (I wash upside down, but it doesn't make much difference), apply a conditioner (sometimes cheap, sometimes something thicker) to my length and I braid it. Then I shampoo my scalp. Sometimes I rinse it all, sometimes I clip the braid on top of my head to let the shampoo work for a while.
While rinsing, I keep the braid up with one hand until most of the leather is gone, so that the shampoo doesn't touch my length.
Then I follow with deep conditioning.
Voila! :)
You can try many condishes and experiment with how long to keep it all on your head.
There are people who apply the first conditioner before washing, on dry hair, walk around the house with it and then they wash.

templeofvenus
June 17th, 2012, 04:27 AM
oh thanks very much for the tips thats a great help I will try this out!!! :D

spookyghost
June 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM
I love CWC. Im so glad I found it. What really works well for me is that I put my regular conditioner, the more expensive conditioner, on my scalp down half way to my ears on dry hair. I dont wet my hair first. I do this because I put Emu oil on my scalp every night and on the CWC thread it said that putting the first conditioner on dry hair gets the oil out way better than if you put it on wet hair. And it does work great!

Then I put my cheaper conditioner on the rest of my dry hair. Then I wet my hands and massage my scalp. My scalp feels almost cool and tingly when I do this. I dont know if its because I put the conditioners on dry hair or what but my scalp feels great!:)

Then I rinse and when I feel the conditioner is not quite completely out yet I shampoo my scalp only and rinse again. This time making sure my hair is rinsed really good.

Then I put my more expensive conditioner on my whole head and wait a couple minutes and then rinse well again.

Just remember that everyone has their own way of doing it. Theres no wrong way so dont worry about not doing it right. Most people first use the cheap conditioner on their whole head but that didnt work for me. And many also wet their hair first. That also didnt work for me. The first key thing for me was putting the first conditioner on dry hair-that was the ticket! Then I discovered that the better more expensive conditioner worked awesome on my roots down halfway to my ears and the cheaper one for the rest of my length-this is for the first condition of CWC. This all took a few attempts before I figured out what worked for me, I actually almost gave up! But I am so glad I didnt! My hair loves this method.

Just in case you are wondering, I use Suave aloe and lilly as my cheap conditioner and for my regular shampoo and conditioner I just started using The one and only Argon oil shampoo and conditioner from Sally's. I believe they are sulphate free and cone free. I always love when people say what products they are using just in case Im on the hunt for something new myself!;)

Good luck!

templeofvenus
June 17th, 2012, 06:14 AM
well I just tried my first cwc I used naked range conditioner for damaged hair cone free I'm sure on the ends from ears down on wet hair, washed scalp with naked sulfate free shampoo for normal/damaged hair then rinsed and then conditioner again and rinsed - now air drying and hoping it looks better for this new method!!!! if not will play about till I get it right! with various shampoos/conditioners etc :)

mrs_coffee
June 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
CWC has made the biggest difference in the health of my hair.

BlondieHepburn
June 17th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I use basically the same methods as already mentioned.

• Saturate length with cheaper, runnier conditioner.

• Shampoo scalp.

• Rinse scalp whilst holding length in the air, so that the shampoo does not run onto the length.

• Once shampoo is gone, I rinse all of it.

• Saturate length with thicker conditioner, concentrating particularly on the ends, and bun it while finishing other shower duties.

• Rinse all hair with cold water.

It's a great method and it has really helped my ends from drying out.

Henrietta
June 17th, 2012, 09:55 AM
For (much :D ) more reference, you may go to the Official CWC thread. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53421) ;)