PDA

View Full Version : New No-Tangle brush?

GoldberryHair
June 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
So I just saw a commercial for this "No-Tangle Brush" which basicallyl looks and seems like a TT with a handle, which to me is really cool. You have to order them and they're only 9.95...I'm thinking of trying one...

Has anyone here heard of these or tried one? I'm curious if they work as well as my trusty TT.

Here's a link for them :

https://www.notanglebrush.com/?gclid=CO6DxKX607ACFSWFQAod_SUl1w

Darkessa
June 16th, 2012, 06:11 PM
It looks like the tangle teezer with a handle... Haha.

I love the idea of a handle... I might wanna get this!

akilina
June 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Ahh how cool. I have never used a TT but I have been thinking about getting one... I saw them at sallys once I think. Seeing that video and the brush though I want to just order one so badly!! Must resist and not be so impulsive.

AnqeIicDemise
June 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM
I have carpal tunnel and tendonitis. There are days when I can't wrap my fingers around a handle. At first I thought I'd have one hell of a time with the TT. Six months later, though, I can't go back to a brush. I just.. can't.

Even on my best days I find the angle of holding a handle uncomfortable. On my bad days, I can't even pick up the damned thing. The TT is the ONLY thing I've managed to use every day on a consistent basis, pain or no pain.

meishkamooshka
June 16th, 2012, 07:40 PM
If any one orders one, I'd be interested to know how you feel about it. I've been holding off buying a TT until I could get to a Sally's, but I might not get one if these are effective. :)

meishkamooshka
June 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I have carpal tunnel and tendonitis. There are days when I can't wrap my fingers around a handle. At first I thought I'd have one hell of a time with the TT. Six months later, though, I can't go back to a brush. I just.. can't.

Even on my best days I find the angle of holding a handle uncomfortable. On my bad days, I can't even pick up the damned thing. The TT is the ONLY thing I've managed to use every day on a consistent basis, pain or no pain.

I'm glad you found the TT. That sounds like a painful situation, for which I am sorry you have to endure. Wishing you many a pain-free day!

AnqeIicDemise
June 16th, 2012, 07:41 PM
If any one orders one, I'd be interested to know how you feel about it. I've been holding off buying a TT until I could get to a Sally's, but I might not get one if these are effective. :)

xD Enabler.

I've had the TT & The Hair Bean. I bout the Bean because I wanted to carry a TT in my purse and my Sally's didn't have a stinkin' case with theirs. I didn't want to order it online either.

I would rather carry the TT, between you and me. The bristles are longer. Though, I admit I kind of want a handle version just for variety.

meishkamooshka
June 16th, 2012, 07:49 PM
xD Enabler.

I've had the TT & The Hair Bean. I bout the Bean because I wanted to carry a TT in my purse and my Sally's didn't have a stinkin' case with theirs. I didn't want to order it online either.

I would rather carry the TT, between you and me. The bristles are longer. Though, I admit I kind of want a handle version just for variety.

Hahahaha. I try ;)

Well, I might get the TT in the meanwhile, just because. I mean, I've heard so many glowing reviews about it, I don't know why I have yet to purchase one. Laziness and an attachment to my current paddle brush, I suppose.

Variety is nice!

MissManda
June 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I actually really like the fact that the TT doesn't have a handle. I'm weird because I don't like brushes with handles and would hold them by the part with tines/bristles. :p

It is interesting how three different styles of this brush are advertised. It doesn't look like they have any explanation about what the difference between each "style" is. Is it how long the bristles are? :confused: Maybe I just missed it?

my2cats1
June 16th, 2012, 09:17 PM
It is interesting how three different styles of this brush are advertised. It doesn't look like they have any explanation about what the difference between each "style" is. Is it how long the bristles are? :confused: Maybe I just missed it?

I was wondering the same thing! The three types look just the same to me. I'm surprised they don;t have better photos of them on the website.

swearnsue
June 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I was wondering the same thing! The three types look just the same to me. I'm surprised they don;t have better photos of them on the website.

Now there is an ad banner on this site. I can't tell any difference between the 3 kinds by looking at the pictures, except for color. It looks like each bristle is a different length and in the video it does look like it glides through the hair pretty nice. They should have more info on the differences in the kinds though.

WaitingSoLong
June 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I thought it meant it can be used on all 3 hair types? ETA: Ok I read the website a bit closer this time. Hmm. Sounds like a gimmick.

I always hated that the TT doesn't have a handle. I have carpal tunnel and my hand acts up when I brush but I just live with it. I just have to set the brush down and wait a minute and do it again until I am done.

longhairedwolf
June 17th, 2012, 08:48 PM

As I understand it, one's for thick hair, one for medium, and one for fine. I saw a TV ad for them recently. Looked interesting.