PDA

View Full Version : To have a fringe or not dilemma

templeofvenus
June 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I am currently growing out a short bob with blunt fringe, the bob is really grown out now and is now at collarbone length :) I have very wavy hair that I have just discovered since giving up heat styling. I am at a VERY frustrating length just now as wearing my hair down results in bouffant type waves in all directions and no particular style :confused: now my dilemma is do I keep a blunt fringe to go with the wavy look or grow the thing out and grow the whole lot and reassess in a few months? :confused: I have been undecided all the way though it growing thus far to keep a fringe or not !! just wondered what those of you who had a fringe did while growing your hair out? any suggestions welcome

vindo
June 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM
At this length you could grow it a little and see how you like it and if not you can easily trim it again?

Were you planning to style your bangs or leave them natural? I have seen natural curly bangs in past era movies, like Keira Knitghley in Pride and Predjudice -
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/20/2_Pride_051019100642358_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

I love that look. Would so wear it if my hair was wavy.

akilina
June 16th, 2012, 04:49 PM
I feel like a picture of your hair would really help the most. It is hard to imagine if something would look good or not if there is nothing to help, visually.
For me, I will always have my bangs and face framing no matter what. I wear my bangs pretty short, too. If your face can pull off not having bangs and you decide to, just remember it is also an irritating process to grow them out. As irritating as trying to grow out layers for me. Primarily if you have straight ones. Maybe if you grow them out start parting to the side

spidermom
June 16th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Do what you feel. I always kept my wavy/curly fringe on the longer side (shortest part about nose tip length) and pushed it back with gelled fingers, then let it fall as it may while it dried. It looked good, but I got tired of it falling in my face while I was doing sweaty work, so grew it out. I need a change now and think I'll cut it again.

starry
June 16th, 2012, 05:33 PM
oh cool! I just go a mini fringe cut to go with new eyeglasses. My hair is wavy curly and it looks fab, my hairs a little shorter than yours, but I love this look... bangs make you look polished and stylish and neat- its a definite "look".. Im going to always have mine, and they cover wrinkles!

Slug Yoga
June 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I guess I'd grow it out for a while if I were you, because you don't yet know what your hair looks like without a fringe (and with the new texture). If you decide you prefer a fringe you can cut one later :)

templeofvenus
June 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM
thanks for all the help ladies ok decision reached for now. I had a quite thickly cut fringe with a bob months ago that i was trying to grow out. I have now trimmed in a less thick fringe and am letting the rest of it grow to blend in with rest of my hair, that way i still have a fringe but its not as thick now and looks less bulky also the part blending in with the rest of my hair should add a bit of thickness to the top of my hair. I will see how this goes and I feel less severe when I have my hair up.

I must try and get some pics on here sometime!