PDA

View Full Version : First Compliment from a Stranger

HairyCarrie
July 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'm a newbie and have enthusiastically followed LHC for a couple of months.

Today a lady said she really liked my haircut. I told her it was an "uncut" in that I was growing it out. She said she wanted to grow hers out too, and well... I told her all about LHC. I mentioned the great advice, lists of products, articles, but mostly the support of everyone here.

She wrote down the URL and hopefully she'll take a peek at this place. She said my hair look very healthy - yea!

So.....if the nice lady from the dentist office in Roswell GA reads this, I just want to say Thanks for the kind words. You put an extra smile in my day. :)

BTW, do any of you share the good news of LHC with others? I often want to go up to longhaired strangers and ask if they are members. :D

Xandergrammy
July 31st, 2008, 07:00 PM
You know what?? Your post just reminded me of an encounter I had this weekend at a hot air balloon festival. We were on the launch field and one of the Darth Vader Balloon crew was a young woman with a lovely classic length braid. I had an opportunity to ask her if she had ever heard of LHC (she hadn't) and I gave her the website information. She belongs here. In our brief conversation, she asked me why I had long hair. I told her because I like it and DH likes it and I feel more "me" with long hair. She says people are always coming up to her and yanking on her braid and asking her if she's going to donate. :rolleyes:

So if the Darth Vader balloon crew member with the really long braid who was approached by a slightly crazy looking long haired balloon enthusiast reads this- that was me!! :waving:

Sofoulee
July 31st, 2008, 07:06 PM
I get the urge to ask complete strangers if they belong to this website...

Most of the time, I never get the chance because I'm either too shy or it would just be strange to bring up something that randomly. But sometimes I just feel it, like I KNOW they're members here! haha

yrrebwartsymssi
July 31st, 2008, 07:18 PM
today at the gyno one of the nurses complimented me on my natural hair and i led her here and to longhaicareforum. She had locks and was taking them out and was wanting to know more about growing natural hair and henna. anyways... if you are the nice nurse at the piedmont healthcare women's center i am the girl that directed you here