PDA

View Full Version : Don't wash angry!

sibiryachka
June 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Yesterday while showering, I was ruminating on some annoying living-situation issues, and I guess I was more worked up than I realized, because I noticed that I was scrubbing my scalp WAY too hard! :mad:

And I got to thinking that maybe I've been unconsciously doing this for a while now, because I've been shedding quite a lot more than usual. I'd been putting it down to the weather warming up - I usually have an early-summer shed - but overly-vigorous washing can't be good for that.

So take warning by me, and be sure you are at peace before laying hands on your hair :meditate:

Logi Bear
June 16th, 2012, 11:16 AM
lol good advice, just like don't let someone else brush your hair when they are upset! OUCH!

Madora
June 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yes, don't take out your anger on your hair and scalp! The extra hair loss isn't worth it!

Amber_Maiden
June 16th, 2012, 11:19 AM
I guess the same goes for people who you want to cut your hair- better evaluate all our stylists moods! lol!

Henrietta
June 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I second the advice :D I hate it when I am angry and I need to comb my hair. It hurts so much before I realize that it's not because of more tangles, it's me! :D

Yozhik
June 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Great advice, Sibiryachka!

Before LHC, I used to brush my wet hair while in a hurry and trying to run out of the door -- oh the snaps and knots! I look back on those days with horror . . . no wonder I always had split ends!

skaempfer
June 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Yep, this is me. I still forget occaisionally and take it out on my hair.

Changling
June 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
I wasn't angry, but I guess i was in a hurry last night when I started brushing - the brush was going way too fast and skipping over my hair, making a bad velcro-y sound. Then I realized what I was doing and just stopped, took a deep breath, and started again, much more slowly. Glad I caught myself!

HintOfMint
June 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I've brushed while angry. Big. Mistake. I literally ripped through my tangles and probably caused way more damage than I would have otherwise.

GrowingGlory
June 16th, 2012, 01:40 PM
This would make a great video: DHI: Doing Hair while Intoxicated. It could capture the euphoria at wielding Manic Panic AND haircutting scissiors (simultaneously?)...and why not add some body with a perm? Showcasing incidents from the actors' real life hair abuse while emotionally (or otherwise) intoxicated.

swearnsue
June 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Vacuuming is good to do when angry, or mopping floors! Also don't wash or brush your dogs when angry!

Kiwiwi
June 16th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Haha oh my. This reminds me of when I was an early teen. There was a time when my hair was absolutely horrible. Knotted, velcro-y, horrible. And I would try to brush it out and it simply wouldn't work and I'd get SO angry I threw my brush aggressivaly against the wall.
Haha, off topic but I just wanted to share :)