PDA

View Full Version : deep conditioning :)

blaketob
June 15th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Heyy, I'm new here and have been trying to grow out my hair for about 6 years. After finally "being nice" to my hair, my hair has finally started to promote more growth and it's very healthy!!!

Lately I have been trying to deep condition my hair. I use this deep moisture treatment called Hairtrition, and I really like it, but I'm curious to see what other people use or other home remedies that people use and like!

winteriscoming
June 15th, 2012, 10:39 PM
My favorite deep conditioning treatment for a daily to weekly basis is unrefined coconut oil. I just apply it with my hands to the length of my hair and leave it on for a couple of hours at least. Then, for a monthly or so treatment I love using and hot oil treatment with evoo and honey. I leave that on for a couple of hours as well. I hope I helped :)

blaketob
June 17th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks you did! I've been reading about using more oils lately, I'll have to give coconut oil a try. Thanks for the advice :)

akilina
June 17th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I love hairtrition. I have only used the shampoo, conditioner, and the leave in spray but I love the way it smells and love how it leaves my hair feeling, although probably coney. I am sure of it but I haven't looked at the label in a long time. I have avoided it lately because it is pretty protein-y. I used it yesterday though and it made my hair amazing.
I suggest an SMT deep treatment. For mine I don't use honey. I just use real aloe, conditioners, and my oil of choice at the time. Works great.

meteor
June 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
My favorite deep conditioning method is to heavily oil pre-shampoo and use a mix of any thick conditioner, oil and honey as a deep treatment after shampoo.
I haven't found my favourite commercial conditioner though.