PDA

View Full Version : Oily hair advice

AshNight1214
June 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi! So I've recently been having an issue where I CWC wash my hair as I have been for the past year, but now the length is really gross and oily. It's almost as if I've oiled even though I've only just washed. Do I just need a major clarifying? I'm hesitant to go without conditioning or oiling since the weather's pretty dry. Any advice? Thanks!!

Dreamers91
June 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I would just use regular ( I use suave naturals ) shampoo on your length and a AVG rinse. Thats what I do :-) Plus if it doesnt work, it won't dry your hair out as much as clarifying.

nobeltonya
June 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I can only use SLES shampoo, and conditioner and leave-in with cones... but I also oil every night. I've noticed lately that my scalp is less oily when I oil it every night [was trying to stretch to every other]. My length gets ...weird.. when there's a lot of build up, and I need to clarify.. which is about once a week. Then, I just wash w/o oiling [or shampoo twice, but I don't do that much]. :rolling:

Slug Yoga
June 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
You mean it's dry in general (as opposed to right now when it's oily)? I'd just shampoo it more thoroughly than usual. Maybe don't do a condition first, but just use shampoo on your length as well as scalp, then condition well. I sometimes shampoo the length of my hair as well as the scalp (though mostly concentrating it on the scalp) when I feel like oiliness has migrated down the length more than I'd like.

AshNight1214
June 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM
You mean it's dry in general (as opposed to right now when it's oily)? I'd just shampoo it more thoroughly than usual. Maybe don't do a condition first, but just use shampoo on your length as well as scalp, then condition well. I sometimes shampoo the length of my hair as well as the scalp (though mostly concentrating it on the scalp) when I feel like oiliness has migrated down the length more than I'd like.

Oh, haha, oops. I meant the weather is dry! Sorry for the confusion, I was a bit distressed when I was writing that. XD