PDA

View Full Version : Very disheartened pics included

sazzie88
June 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM
over the past year I have been growing my hair, I have been through different styles but at the moment I am very frustrated and Dont seem to be getting any happier about my hair.

This is a pic from about 3 years ago]

This is when I started growing from a bob cut

This was the other day air dried

This is today scrunched

patienceneeded
June 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Frankly, I think you look beautiful! Maybe you're just bored? I feel that way when I've gotten bored with my look. Try some new hairstyles, wear it up and forget about it? Maybe play with some fun colors (like Manic Panic) if your career allows? I think you look lovely, but you need to be happy with your look too.

lapushka
June 15th, 2012, 08:57 AM
I think you look gorgeous. Nothing to worry about, honestly! :flower: :) I love your waves!

Unofficial_Rose
June 15th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Looks perfectly fine to me :confused:

LaFlor
June 15th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I can see how the old pictures could make you feel bad. I think the makeup and lighting looks WAY different, which changes how you look. The last 2 are more natural lighting, so we see more details than the other two. I think you look pretty with your current hair, but I can see why seeing your old styled hair could cause you to rethink your decision. I blame it on the lighting :blossom:

gonzobird
June 15th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I think your just bored, too. :) you're very pretty ... but....
In that last picture your skin looks very pinky/ cool and your hair looks a bit warm. Not the best combo. But.... in the second from last your complexion looks more yellow/warm. And your hair doesn't look as warm. Which picture is closest to real life?
My skin is super super yellow warm... so warmer hair colors look best on me...like coppery tones. If i were to do a different shade of red lets say... like more a cooler " burgandy" color... it would look terrible and washed out on me... then I feel like I have to slather on more makeup to look normal. ( heavier darker eye shadow)

Look at your veins on your wrists. If they are greener... your warm. Bluer your cool toned. You can also be in between. Those are the people that can wear both warmer and cooler hair colors. Hope this helps!

Alexblue
June 15th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I agree above, the lighting in the first two is warmer and skewing the comparison. The biggest difference, however, is your fringe. Your natural texture in the last two photos (both wavy and straight) is heavenly so whatever you're doing keep doing it :-)

I use to have a blunt fringe, grown out to a soft side-swept and now none at all. It's the single biggest change to my face and you might find that you simply prefer your face framed by one. I found with a fringe that my hair appeared thicker on top (though of course this was just an illusion).

If you often wear your hair air dried then perhaps a soft, long fringe rather than a blunt one would be a nice change. You could definitely pull of a young Jane Birkin.
However, keep your locks long and natural as many of us brunettes would kill for your hair! :p

pepperminttea
June 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Honestly, I think your hair looks lovely, especially in the last photo; the side parting with no fringe looks really good on you. :) Your blue eyes are wonderfully startling too; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious!

moon2dove
June 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I don't think you have anything to worry about.
You look lovely and as others have pointed out, you are perhaps a little bored and just need a change, as in hair accessories or maybe change your make up..ect... :)

@Unofficial_Rose Your avatar pic made me laugh out loud!! lol...!

amanda_the_tall
June 15th, 2012, 09:51 AM
i agree, i think you're gorgeous. in the last picture you really look like gwyneth paltrow to me! i think your eyebrows look more pronounced in the second picture, but that could just be the lighting. that's the only thing that stands out to me, maybe try shading them a shade darker/ thicker? i think your hair is pretty.

Celtic Morla
June 15th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Looking at the first 2 photo they are taken further away and it looks like you are wearing foundation.In the last 2 your skin looks natural with just a little eye makeup and lipstick. I would try to find a n eyeliner that doesn't smear as it can make you look like you have dark circles rather than a smokey effect(curses to fair skin!!) Your hair is fine and prob very soft an drone to knotting(it looks just like my DD hairs!) and that requires a bit more intense care to begin with. I think you used to dye it? and that can cause a lot of damage to your hair type(same with DD) I think your hair is very pretty and you just need to do a little different look with your eyes and a different colour lipstick and I think it will make all the difference!

Kittyxx
June 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I don't think you look washed out particularly but I get where you're coming from and I think it might be due to having paler eyebrows - I always find I look infinately healthier when I get my eyebrows tinted [also pale skinned]
of course this might not be the case - maybe experiment with a brow pencil/gel

spidermom
June 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I don't see a problem. Keep growing and trimming; you'll be rid of the old damaged ends soon enough.

I do think it's a good idea to determine if your skin is warm or cool and coordinate your makeup with it, also the clothing nearest your face. The right shades can do wonders to perk up your entire appearance.

browneyedsusan
June 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'd pencil in your eyebrows (taupe or light ash brown) just a bit, but I'm a little compulsive about eyebrows.

You're a very lovely girl. You have beautiful eyes and many girls would give their eyeteeth to have your head of hair!

1nuitblanche
June 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Your hair looks lovely. And, like others have said, you skin looks more golden in the first two photos. In the last two, it looks to me like your face is pinker than your neck, so as earlier posters suggested, you may want to figure out if you are warm or cool. Have you changed your make-up? If so, switching to another foundation may help.

DoubleCrowned
June 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
It is tricky to find suitable wardrobe colors to flatter your delicate coloring. It is hard to tell from photos what good colors are for you to wear, but I'm pretty sure that white, black, and navy are not good on you. When you are wearing the colors that are right for you, your eyes will be accentuated and you will not look washed out in photos. See if you can find something that is the color of your necklace in the third photo--a greenish turquoise. Take your picture wearing it (or with it thrown around you if it is fabric) and see if that makes a difference....just a guess...

templeofvenus
June 16th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I think you look lovely with your hair longer it looks more classy! I am right there with you just now :( maybe your hair is a couple of inches longer than mine but we are in the same boat totally it even looks about the same texture thickness as my hair (only mine is dark)!!!! you know what I think it is....... you are feeling odd because on the before pics you had a more structured style with proper fringe and now you have no real fringe (like me) and that style is now gone! When you have been used to having a definite style then to grow it out its an odd feeling, you feel like you say washed out but really you don't look it at all! you are well on the way to long hair now so I say persevere through this try new make up, earrings, hairbands, updo's to lessen the boredom or even get a fringe put back in if you liked a fringe! but if you want long hair YOU HAVE TO KEEP GOING! :) you look great:D

gossamer
June 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM
The waves from scrunching your hair are gorgeous!

poppy81
June 16th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I think your hair looks great, and it's scary how much your hair looks like mine when I leave my hair to dry naturally without combing it. I have the same waves. I can get bored with my hair too so I think that might be the case, be patient :-) It's hard I know. I don't think you look washed out.

pink.sara
June 17th, 2012, 02:33 AM
I think you are gorgeous with your natural colour. The only comment its that your fringe used to frame your face and highlight your eyes, and now you don't have that you may want to consider pencil on your eyebrows as they are so fine and pale.
Eyebrows make a huge difference :)

Henrietta
June 17th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Honestly, I think your hair looks lovely, especially in the last photo; the side parting with no fringe looks really good on you. :) Your blue eyes are wonderfully startling too; I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit envious!

I second this opinion.
And if it's boredom, apart from veggie dyes you can also try moving your parting to the other side. That's what saved me many times from doing something crazy (like cutting layers without thinking it over) when I was bored with the way my hair looks.

sazzie88
June 18th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Thank you very much for all your comments. I think for those of you who mentioned lightng you could be right. I have only just noticed that.

I have tried to do the colour analisis but for some reason I cant work me out..... Can anyone suggest any colours I could try or think would look good? I always stick to white and black as they are easy! I looked in my wardrobe the other day and its all dark clothing Argh! Please help

Scarlet_Heart
June 18th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I'd pencil in your eyebrows (taupe or light ash brown) just a bit, but I'm a little compulsive about eyebrows.

You're a very lovely girl. You have beautiful eyes and many girls would give their eyeteeth to have your head of hair!

This is what I was going to say!

I think you are absolutely beautiful. Your hair color is gorgeous and I like the scrunched look. If you are feeling washed out, I would also suggest a darker eyebrow pencil. I use one and I can't believe what a difference it makes. It makes your eyes pop. Not too dark, but like browneyedsusan said, a very light brown or dark blonde. I think that would make you feel a little better.

Good luck with the growing!

sazzie88
June 18th, 2012, 09:34 AM
I think your just bored, too. :) you're very pretty ... but....
In that last picture your skin looks very pinky/ cool and your hair looks a bit warm. Not the best combo. But.... in the second from last your complexion looks more yellow/warm. And your hair doesn't look as warm. Which picture is closest to real life?
My skin is super super yellow warm... so warmer hair colors look best on me...like coppery tones. If i were to do a different shade of red lets say... like more a cooler " burgandy" color... it would look terrible and washed out on me... then I feel like I have to slather on more makeup to look normal. ( heavier darker eye shadow)

Look at your veins on your wrists. If they are greener... your warm. Bluer your cool toned. You can also be in between. Those are the people that can wear both warmer and cooler hair colors. Hope this helps!

The closest is second from last. The last one was at work with funny florescent lighting. I had also Used abit too muich pink powder I think :)

I tyink I might e feeling like this because my hair colour is now coming throuugh as you can see in the second picture its a light ash blonde. I have been lightening it for so many years becuase I didnt like it and now I really wish I can grow to love it. I know that natural colour is suppost to be best but are there people out there who would disagree?

door72067
June 18th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Thank you very much for all your comments. I think for those of you who mentioned lightng you could be right. I have only just noticed that.

I have tried to do the colour analisis but for some reason I cant work me out..... Can anyone suggest any colours I could try or think would look good? I always stick to white and black as they are easy! I looked in my wardrobe the other day and its all dark clothing Argh! Please help

I think blondes always look wonderful in "Caribbean" colors, like aqua, coral, bright pink (not "hot" pink, per se, but a brighter pink)

gonzobird
June 18th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I was a natural white white blonde as a kid... and now my natural is an "ashier" blonde. Or so i thought. I'm growing out my natural color...I haven't seen it in about 15 years. Ha. I want to see what I "produce" ;)

The thing is... that new inch or so of my hair looked ashy and ugly to me. But I have about 3 inches of it now... and its getting prettier the more it grows out. Seriously. I realllly like it now. And no Maint is pretty awesome too. Its so healthy and soft. Give it a little while. You might like it. I never thought I'd like mine!

sazzie88
June 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I was a natural white white blonde as a kid... and now my natural is an "ashier" blonde. Or so i thought. I'm growing out my natural color...I haven't seen it in about 15 years. Ha. I want to see what I "produce" ;)

The thing is... that new inch or so of my hair looked ashy and ugly to me. But I have about 3 inches of it now... and its getting prettier the more it grows out. Seriously. I realllly like it now. And no Maint is pretty awesome too. Its so healthy and soft. Give it a little while. You might like it. I never thought I'd like mine!

Same as me I was super blonde and now it looks dark ash. When the sun gets on it I know it will turn light again ( if we ever get any sun over here)

D.id you go through the stage that as your roots got longer your hair looked like it was greasy?

battle_angel
June 19th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Sazzie, you're a very beautiful woman with ravishing blue eyes! I can't see anything wrong with your pictures and the other lovely ladies posted lots of tips, so I won't add anything here.
I adore however the scrunched look and would love if you shared your technique! Are you following any youtube tutorial? What kind of products do you use, etc.?

Many thanks and hope you'll find something that makes you happy with your look :)
- Laetitia

snowcloud
June 19th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Of late I have hated my hair Im not sure whether it is becuase my fringe is growing out of the colour is different but I am not happy with it at all. I constantly feel washed out and feel as though I look drained. Can you please advise on whether you think its hair colour or make up. I know you ladies are so honest and good at making comments

Ok I have three very important questions and don't take this the wrong way at all:

1) Do you smoke cigarettes? Smoking can make your hair very brittle and over time it can lead to early hair loss. And you would likely feel drained if you are smoking too much.

2) Are you getting enough sleep? That may be why you are drained

3) Are you stressed about something? Stress is thought to be a cause of many skin conditions and general lifelessness of your hair.

akilina
June 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
If that is your SO you guys are a cute couple :)
Your hair looks great. Don't get disheartened. This is a crap journey and you gotta find a way to enjoy it just a little bit.

jacqueline101
June 19th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I think its beautiful.

clarinette
June 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Alright , you're asking for honesty and I can be very pragmatic and blunt but bear in mind that I think you're gorgeous . You're feeling washed out and wondering whether it's hair or make up: my first advice would be to let your eyebrows thicken a bit if you're plucking them, if you're not you could experiment with a blonde coloured crayon, I'm pretty sure your feelings of washedoutedness stem from the almost invisible eyebrows . Second feeling I'm getting : maybe your hair should be slightly darker, just a darker blonde, maybe your natural colour if this isn't it? I'm sure this would be enough to make you feel less "washed out", nothing drastic and yet possibly effective ^^

Deborah
June 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
You look just lovely.

I think growing in the bangs was a good idea; it opens up your face more. As your natural color grows in more, I think you will look better and better. You don't look washed out to me, but the slightly darker hair will look even nicer against your fair skin tones.

As to clothing colors, many blondes look better in blues than in black. A nice royal blue would make your beautiful eyes stand out even more.

Macaroni
June 19th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Each picture is nice but you look younger and cuter in the last one.

gonzobird
June 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
My hair never looked greasy... I don't think. But I'm growing out a coppery warm red so my outgrowth just looks darker and has an ombre thing going on... ;)

misspurdy06
June 19th, 2012, 08:39 PM
how about this....

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/P1b0cc0dccc639557ab91cbac8ca85f1c_163842855.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/lhcgirlhaircolorrec.png

snowcloud
June 20th, 2012, 06:06 AM
how about this....

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/P1b0cc0dccc639557ab91cbac8ca85f1c_163842855.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x223/misspurd06/lhcgirlhaircolorrec.png

:roll: :tongue:

LOL that just lets you know that you got nothin to worry about anyway... :meditate:

gonzobird
June 20th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Nice! We would be twins! I have super warm yellow skin.... so this color is perfect for me. And you,it seems. ;)

Debra83
June 22nd, 2012, 12:08 AM
I vote for bangs again!!! :D But, you look lovely either way!

jojo
June 22nd, 2012, 12:14 AM
I cannot see anything wrong with your hair at all, I agree with the eyebrow comments though let them grow in a bit and maybe use a darker blonde eyebrow pencil. Your naturally beautiful no need for make up. your hair is lovely stop fretting and enjoy it!

JellyBene
June 22nd, 2012, 01:10 AM
I really honestly think you look great. About year ago I was going through some really tough things in my life and without realizing it I took out all my frustration on my hair, I hated everything about it, I felt like it was too thin, a bad color, bad cut etcetera. I am not saying this is nesecarilly what is happening with you but for me it really helped to just put my hair up for a month (or two in my case) and just not think about it.

blaketob
June 22nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
I completely understand the whole "washed out look" when you have ash blonde hair. I have very ashy hair, and I always felt that way. I dyed my hair brown or "dark blonde" in hairdresser terms in 2011 and my blonde hasn't really come through and now I really miss it and wish I had my blonde hair back. I would suggest playing around with makeup like others have stated. I'm letting my hair grow until I've reached the length I want before I start dying it to blonde again. I'm going to use a mix of warm blondes and undertones with browns (Lauren Conrads hair) since I don't really like my natural blonde tones. So I hear what your saying, but you still look beautiful :)