PDA

View Full Version : Lost much of my mane!! Help!!

rajini4eva
June 15th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Hi LHC,

I love having long hair. :joy::joy:I used to have hair length running down till my knees. But, now that's lost...:mad: And though I have it thick on the scalp, it points to a thin plait at the end.:rolleyes: And that's the reason for my search for curing my hair back. And I'm hoping to achieve it soon.:pray::pray::pray::pray: Help LHC !!!

spidermom
June 15th, 2012, 06:40 AM
My hair thins out near the ends, too.
Happy growing. And welcome.

SpinDance
June 15th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Welcome to the forums. I recommend spending some time reading through the Articles (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php)section for Hair Care (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=category&categoryid=2)as a first step in analyzing your hair and what may be contributing to the change you are reporting. It is not uncommon for hair to thin out at the ends, however.

woolyleprechaun
June 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hi! I think thinning towards the ends, or 'taper' is common, especialy on longer hair. Hope you enjoy it here!

rajini4eva
June 27th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Hi! I think thinning towards the ends, or 'taper' is common, especialy on longer hair. Hope you enjoy it here!
Thank Woolyleprechaun... Hope i spelled your username correctly... :)

Allychan
June 27th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Well you have certain come to the right place. Welcome!!

rajini4eva
June 27th, 2012, 01:25 AM
My hair thins out near the ends, too.
Happy growing. And welcome.
Yeah... But i really love your hair Spidermom...:)

Well you have certain come to the right place. Welcome!!
Thanks... :D

Thanks for the reply...

Yes, my hair reaches just below my waist.. So, i hope it comes under the long hair category:)... But yes, i think its tapering... And has split ends too... But the split ends are disappearing slowly... :D

Welcome to the forums. I recommend spending some time reading through the Articles (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php)section for Hair Care (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=category&categoryid=2)as a first step in analyzing your hair and what may be contributing to the change you are reporting. It is not uncommon for hair to thin out at the ends, however.
Yeah... I did go through searching in the forums... And it is very relaxing to note that there is a lot of help at hand...:happydance::cheer::joy:

jojo
June 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM
It's normal for hair to thin at the ends, it's older hair. Mine does it too and for a while I kept trimming back, so I guess if I want long hair I will have to put up with it :guns:

heidi w.
June 27th, 2012, 10:39 AM
It is entirely normal that hair tapers and thins a bit as it draws closer to the ends, especially when your hair length is likely hitting near its "terminal length". I don't like using that term. I find it confuses people. My hair is near the longest it will grow, and I have it trimmed a bit back from the bitter end to have a nice hemline, that looks a bit thick, even though it's not.

A good thing to understand is how hair actually grows, how it can change and the whys throughout our time on earth, and that it will not remain the same throughout our life. I suggest you might need to work on that idea and possibly tweak your understanding so that your hair's behavior and your expectations are more in sync with each other; otherwise, you're setting up a fight that you can never win despite your efforts.

And welcome to LHC.

Happy Growing,
heidi w.

Malibu Barbie
June 27th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I have the same thing and I've found its normal. Whenever, I grow to classic it's always thinner then the rest. I used to think it was from ponytail holders. This last time I grew to classic, I wore it up all the time a ditched the ponytail holder yet it made no difference. I've found for me to have a hemline I'm happy with I keep it just above tailbone.

rajini4eva
June 27th, 2012, 11:00 PM
It's normal for hair to thin at the ends, it's older hair. Mine does it too and for a while I kept trimming back, so I guess if I want long hair I will have to put up with it :guns:
Very true... Seems like there's no other way :(:(

It is entirely normal that hair tapers and thins a bit as it draws closer to the ends, especially when your hair length is likely hitting near its "terminal length". I don't like using that term. I find it confuses people. My hair is near the longest it will grow, and I have it trimmed a bit back from the bitter end to have a nice hemline, that looks a bit thick, even though it's not.

A good thing to understand is how hair actually grows, how it can change and the whys throughout our time on earth, and that it will not remain the same throughout our life. I suggest you might need to work on that idea and possibly tweak your understanding so that your hair's behavior and your expectations are more in sync with each other; otherwise, you're setting up a fight that you can never win despite your efforts.

And welcome to LHC.

Happy Growing,
heidi w.

The things that you wrote are something new to me... Will definitely work on the tweaking :)... I loved it the way you said...

Thanks...

And welcome to LHC.

Happy Growing,
heidi w.

BTW, Love your hair...:crush::crush::crush:

I have the same thing and I've found its normal. Whenever, I grow to classic it's always thinner then the rest. I used to think it was from ponytail holders. This last time I grew to classic, I wore it up all the time a ditched the ponytail holder yet it made no difference. I've found for me to have a hemline I'm happy with I keep it just above tailbone.

Yeah actually... Let's see how it goes for me... ahem... :pray::pray::pray:

McFearless
June 27th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome :) Do you have a trusted hairstylist you could see? You mentioned you have split ends and that isn't good so you might want to get rid of them early on. Some of us cut our hair at home so that is always an option.

As for the thinness at the ends I understand. Since joining this community I've learned ways to cut down on my shedding and even grow thicker hair. It is definitely possible for you to reduce your taper. :)

CurlyCap
June 27th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Your braid is inducing major jealousy in me. It's so thick!

Welcome, and I hope you find advice that helps with your situation. :flower:

rajini4eva
June 27th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Welcome :) Do you have a trusted hairstylist you could see? You mentioned you have split ends and that isn't good so you might want to get rid of them early on. Some of us cut our hair at home so that is always an option.

As for the thinness at the ends I understand. Since joining this community I've learned ways to cut down on my shedding and even grow thicker hair. It is definitely possible for you to reduce your taper. :)

Thanks a lot... I dont go to any hairstylist and recently maybe a few months back, I cut my hair myself... And the split ends have probably increased... Maybe, I didn't cut my hair properly. Will have to look for an alternate option:rolleyes:

Silverbrumby
June 27th, 2012, 11:48 PM

And welcome to LHC.

Happy Growing,
heidi w.

Great advice there. I joined and fought my natural hair at first, wanted smooth hair. Now I'm more open to it being what it is but in the best condition possible.

Thanks a lot... I dont go to any hairstylist and recently maybe a few months back, I cut my hair myself... And the split ends have probably increased... Maybe, I didn't cut my hair properly. Will have to look for an alternate option:rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, that is your ponytail circumference? I'm thinking it's way over 4 inches.

Tisiloves
June 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM

What scissors did you use? Unless you use razor sharp hair scissors it can cause split ends.

rajini4eva
June 28th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Your braid is inducing major jealousy in me. It's so thick!

Welcome, and I hope you find advice that helps with your situation. :flower:

So sorry to disappoint you.. That is not my hair... :p I really wish it was... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Was browsing through various sites when it caught my eye... I couldn't stop myself from posting it as my avatar... :)

What scissors did you use? Unless you use razor sharp hair scissors it can cause split ends.
Yeah... I surely used very bad scissors... They wouldn't cut my hair quickly... Very bad of me to use such bad :scissors::scissors:

If you don't mind me asking, that is your ponytail circumference? I'm thinking it's way over 4 inches.
I really wish it was... Its just a photo i found in a website... Aiming at it though...:):)