PDA

View Full Version : This motivated me and also made me a bit jealous

4C4rly4
June 15th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Today I was at my younger sister's high school graduation, and I saw a bunch of people with very long hair (mostly around their waist and some were tailbone length). I envied them, and I thought about how long it's going to take for me to get that length :[ But it also kind of motivated me because it made me want to grow my hair long, and not let myself give up and cut it (not that I was thinking about cutting it, but just in case I would one day).

SongofLove
June 15th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Nice! Was it pretty easy to see their hair, too? (Like were they all sitting in chairs, waiting to walk?) I always enjoy seeing longhairs in "real" life :)

MeowScat
June 15th, 2012, 03:52 AM
I feel the same way whenever I see someone with longer hair than mine.

At first I think, "wow, look at that hair!"
Then I think, "fooey, I wish mine was that long, hmph."
Lastly I think, "that's it, I'm definitely not trimming anytime soon."

Envy can be a powerful motivator for me. ;)

ariesfairies
June 15th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Me too! It makes me wish I didn't think style cuts were all that important back in my junior high years x____x

Other than that I haven't seen many long hairs in RL but the couple I've seen, I have to admit I'm truely inspired by..

Viola88
June 15th, 2012, 04:24 AM
This makes me wonder if they got extensions because this is a special event.

duchesswannabe
June 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
OP, I understand your feelings, but, you never know, styles might change, and many of those long-haired high school girls just might go a shorter route in the near future. They may be completely unaware that anyone would envy them; this is an everyday, current style for them now.

Littlewing13
June 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I feel the same. Massive envy, but then I think "hey, I'm an LHC gal, one day I will have longer hair than them" (unless of course they are on here too tee hee. I wouldn't mind that though, most ppl here are awesome)

Charlottie
June 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I'm gonna be honest and say I'm jealous of a lot of people at this forum XD Pretty silly really, being jealous of someone over their hair length. In highschool I got jealous of a girl who had hair longer than me, because I was always "the girl with long hair" and then she came along and stole my title u_u heheh. Nowadays I rarely ever see anybody with hair past waist length. Went to the mall the other week and out of all the people I saw I only saw one girl with tailbone length black hair. In real life I've never actually seen a person with hair past their butt. x/

4C4rly4
June 15th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Nice! Was it pretty easy to see their hair, too? (Like were they all sitting in chairs, waiting to walk?) I always enjoy seeing longhairs in "real" life :)

Yea it was. I saw a few long haired students as they were walking to get their diploma, and then after the graduation was finished and everyone was taking pictures outside, I saw a few people (students and also people who weren't students) who had really long hair. It looked gorgeous.
And I think the reason why I've started noticing others' long hair is because I've started paying way more attention to mine. I automatically notice theirs, and I check out their waves or their curls or how straight and smooth it is.

4C4rly4
June 15th, 2012, 01:12 PM
I basically agree with all of you! But I don't think they were extensions though because the hair looked very natural and it wasn't perfectly cut, and one had fairytale ends. I'm becoming jealous just thinking about it. :hmm:

I'm gonna be honest and say I'm jealous of a lot of people at this forum XD Pretty silly really, being jealous of someone over their hair length. In highschool I got jealous of a girl who had hair longer than me, because I was always "the girl with long hair" and then she came along and stole my title u_u heheh. Nowadays I rarely ever see anybody with hair past waist length. Went to the mall the other week and out of all the people I saw I only saw one girl with tailbone length black hair. In real life I've never actually seen a person with hair past their butt. x/

Lol I'd be jealous too if someone stole my title like that!
One time when I was in elementary school, I saw a woman with hair down to her knees. I was mesmerized. I had never seen that before, and it was so amazing to me. So I'm happy to say that I've seen it in real life before. :popcorn:

Lady Neeva
June 15th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I judge mainly on hair toys. So far, no ficcares.

Tia2010
June 15th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I love seeing long hair IRL, but I don't see many around here. BSL is usually the longest.

My hair motivator (aside from this forum ;)) is a girl that works at the Chinese takeout restaurant I go to. She has at least tailbone length (it's usually in a ponytail so it's hard to determine) THICK black hair. I swear her pony circumfrence must be a 6.

Every time I see her hair I drool with jealousy!! :D Then I get motivated to get to that length. I swear I sometimes get Chinese food just so I can see her hair :p

Becky Safari
June 15th, 2012, 01:35 PM
That's so weird. I was at a graduation and saw a bunch of women with amazingly TBL+ hair. It was very inspiring.