PDA

View Full Version : Hair?

KirssyRie
June 14th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I am growing my hair out as everyone else is here :P I used to have hair that went down to my hips, but long story short it got damaged and I had to cut it nearly to my chin. My hair is now barely at shoulders length. I wear my hair in a low braid or bun nearly everyday because frankly i'm ashamed of my shorter hair.

I have heard about hot oil scalp treatments and massages, but I'm not sure how well they work. If anyone could give me feedback or tips on that, that'd be great!

Also, I grow my own Aloe Vera plants and I have heard that they are good for your hair as well. My Aloe Vera plants are merely babies right now and I'm not comfortable with harvesting them yet. If anyone knows any other simple ways to keep hair healthy and ultimately speed up the growing process I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!
-K

catamonica
June 14th, 2012, 09:21 PM
In 2009 I tried Mane & tail horse shampoo from wall mart. My hair had not grown in years. I added 2 capfuls of olive oil. It grew from past midback to waist. Fourteen Inches. Then it stopped growing for two years. November 2011, I started wearing a braided bun. In March 2012 my hair was four inches longer. I use aloe Vera gel in my conditioner. It makes my hair extra soft. So, I hope this helps your hair.

KirssyRie
June 14th, 2012, 09:24 PM
i had been planning on buying Mane&tail shampoo, but when I went to walmart they didn't have it.. :( Instead I got root awakening by John Frieda, do you think that it'd work just as well as the mane & tail for hair growth/health?

Ravenwind
June 14th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I've been taking a hair, skin, and nails supplement and noticed it made my hair grow a lot faster. If you have a Costco where you live I got those from there :) Biotin works really good as well.

To keep my hair healthy I've been using coconut oil.

KwaveT
June 14th, 2012, 09:35 PM
i had been planning on buying Mane&tail shampoo, but when I went to walmart they didn't have it.. :( Instead I got root awakening by John Frieda, do you think that it'd work just as well as the mane & tail for hair growth/health?

I am fairly sure most Wal-marts have these products. Some Wal-marts may care it with other shampoos in Health and Beauty while others will have it in the pet department. I would look in both places.

catamonica
June 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Try the product that you bought. If it does not help, you can go back & try the Mane & tail. They sell the shampoo at certain grocery stores. The shampoo is in the pet
department at wall mart.

KirssyRie
June 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
alrighty then next time I am at walmart I will check out that shampoo.