PDA

View Full Version : MonktheMonk hairsticks

greek_lady
March 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I was wondering if you have seen these beautiful spiral hairsticks (http://cgi.ebay.com/Monkthemonk-Twin-Grape-Full-Spirals-Hairsticks_W0QQitemZ120228977134QQihZ002QQcategory Z45225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) by MonktheMonk? It wasn't me that got them :p but I have asked him for a couple of spiral pairs like those, when a single similar went up. Aren't they gorgeous? I know I have been on the hunt for something spirally for a long time.

hrimfaxi
March 16th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I custom ordered a couple of pairs of spirals from him, one in ebony and one in snakewood (I'm not much for dymondwood). They are absolutely beautiful! :) I haven't gotten around to taking pics yet, but I really really love them.

edit: I also just found these (http://cgi.ebay.com/G3STUDIOS-Wood-Hair-Stick-Shawl-Pin-TWISTER-STICKS_W0QQitemZ280208326682QQihZ018QQcategoryZ110 631QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) similarly ribbon-spiraled sticks. They aren't quite the same, but if you're looking for spirally, these are also spirally... :)

Neoma
March 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I was wondering if you have seen these beautiful spiral hairsticks (http://cgi.ebay.com/Monkthemonk-Twin-Grape-Full-Spirals-Hairsticks_W0QQitemZ120228977134QQihZ002QQcategory Z45225QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) by MonktheMonk? It wasn't me that got them :p but I have asked him for a couple of spiral pairs like those, when a single similar went up. Aren't they gorgeous? I know I have been on the hunt for something spirally for a long time.I got one in Tapestry Dymondwood, and it holds like a dream. And it is very beautiful and unique looking. I love it.

hrimfaxi
March 16th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Well, I don't have my own photos of them yet, but here are the ones MonkTheMonk took before shipping them off, to make sure they were what I had in mind (he is GREAT to work with!):
(The snakewood spirals are less deeply cut because the wood is weaker--he told me this would be the case when I was discussing the design with him.)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/hrimfaxi_/Toys/ebony_spirals.jpghttp://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/hrimfaxi_/Toys/snakewood_spirals.jpg

AmandaPanda
March 16th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Beautiful! I inquired once about a custom purchase, but I thought he was asking for too much $$$. Maybe I'll try again

Neoma
March 16th, 2008, 06:45 PM
OMG, hrimfaxi! Those are stunning! I particularly like the ebony ones. The shine is blinding! Ebony is one of my favorite woods.

zift
March 16th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Wow those are gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking ,how much does he want for those custom order sticks?

hrimfaxi
March 16th, 2008, 07:58 PM
If you don't mind me asking ,how much does he want for those custom order sticks?

It varies depending on wood type, so you'd have to ask MtM about what you want. :) I believe in general it is comparable to the eBay prices.

darkwaves
March 16th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I adore those ebony ones!!! Exactly what my hair is telling me it needs right now.

Settle down, hair... you know I'm on a budget so I can cut back hours and get healthy again... And that will be good for you, too, hair...

Rae~
March 16th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Ohhhh, me too... drool! I tend not to wear coloured sticks, and ebony wood is my absolute favourite..... lovely.

greek_lady
March 19th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Those ebony ones are exactly like one of the pairs I ordered, too. Still in transit to me, I can't wait to get them.

carinkla
March 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Does any one have monkthemonks already? How is their hold?

greek_lady
March 19th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Carinkla, do you mean any type of monkthemonk's work, or just those new spirally ones? I haven't received my spirals yet, but the other sticks and forks from him are excellent workmanship, sturdy and hold my hair just fine.

Medieval Metal
April 21st, 2008, 05:56 PM
For those of you looking [to buy something from someone who obviously does not respect the non-commercial aspects of TLHC] check out <snip> We [spam, spam and spam some more] [DON'T] Check us out!

MountainGypsy
April 21st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Those spiral sticks are just beautiful! I love monkthemonk's work! I only have one of his sticks but it is one of my favs!

SHELIAANN1969
April 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
I just won 2 pair of the spirals, they're both dymondwood, one is cut deeper than the other pair, I like the deeper cut, I love them (although i have only worn them once, I just got them today) I didnt think I would win one pair let alone both, I need to stop buying!! arghhhhhh I am hopeless!

Wavelength
April 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM
Bwahahaha!!! Love your mad editing skillz, Eboshi! :cool: :rollin:

For those of you looking [to buy something from someone who obviously does not respect the non-commercial aspects of TLHC] check out <snip> We [spam, spam and spam some more] [DON'T] Check us out!

TheBlondeApple
April 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Carinkla, do you mean any type of monkthemonk's work, or just those new spirally ones? I haven't received my spirals yet, but the other sticks and forks from him are excellent workmanship, sturdy and hold my hair just fine.
Did you receive them, yet?
Photos???
Anja

greek_lady
April 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, Anja, I received them quite some time ago.
But I was foolish enough to order them in a somewhat shorter length than the one MtM himself, does, so they are too short for me.
They are excellent workmanship, smooth, wonderful. I need to cut my hair back to waist for them to work ok in my bun. I underestimated my bun size.
Particularly the ebony pair is gorgeous. The pink-ish dymondwoods too, but ebony is so classy.

About the pics, I haven't mastered the picture inserting thing yet, I always have issues with imageshack :D

LisaMonster
April 3rd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Oh Lawd those are gorgeous