PDA

View Full Version : Growing out from bald - progress report

kdaniels8811
June 14th, 2012, 06:15 PM
First of all I did not shave my head of my waist length hair intentionally - cancer and the resulting chemo treatments made that decision for me. May of 2010 my chemo ended, in August I could see fuzz so I count August 2010 as my starting point. Last year in August, I could make a quarter (the coin) size bun. Tiny but it was there!

My lengths were layered as I did not trim, just let it grow out. Now in June of 2012, almost to August (I could not wait, sorry!) I have reached APL and hope by August 2013 to be to BSL. People have commented on how fast my hair grows, you folks waiting for your hair to get longer know it is not fast at all. I am not trimming so that helps. I just wear it up all the time and am finally able to use some of my shorter sticks. I do not know, 2 years to APL does not seem to be fast at all to me but it works out to average growth. I am going to grow until it reaches terminal. And I beat cancer, that alone is worth :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

patienceneeded
June 14th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Wow! That is such great news! You'll have long hair again before you know it. Congrats on kicking cancer's ____!

CurlyCurves
June 14th, 2012, 06:41 PM
You are amazing. Congrats on beating cancer!

WinterDream
June 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM
That's wonderful growth - so nice to hear you're well and happy, good luck with everything!

longhairedleah
June 14th, 2012, 07:26 PM
fantastic! it's like an extra reward for beating cancer :)

RapunzelKat
June 14th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations on beating cancer, and getting all the way to APL again! :blossom:

Kyla
June 14th, 2012, 09:46 PM
That's wonderful, congratulations! Good luck on the rest of your hair growth journey! :)

Hollyfire3
June 14th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Great job! Congrats on beating cancer, long hair, here you come! With those curls, your hair will look fantastic long! Heck, its fantastic now!

ladylowtide
June 14th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Best of luck to you in regards with your health... and great hair growth!

letibear
June 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Wonderful news, and congratulations!!! :D

LizTheLyre
June 14th, 2012, 10:38 PM
:cheer:Go Kdaniels8811!!!!!! :cheer:

catamonica
June 14th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Thats really wonderful growth. I am glad your healthy.

MintChocChip
June 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
That's fantastic news! Congratulations on beating cancer! And happy growing! I'm sure you'll be to BSL before you know it. :)

fluffybunny
June 15th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Good for you! I'm waiting on breast biopsy results right now. I was searching this forum the other day to see if anyone was growing out post-chemo and didn't find any threads. Now here you are.

Cheese to you :cheese::cheese::cheese:

hazelscythe
June 15th, 2012, 03:40 AM
Congratulations! Happy to hear this wonderful news.

SongofLove
June 15th, 2012, 03:45 AM
How wonderful! Congrats on beating cancer! And boy, is that a lovely head of hair :D

NoRush
June 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Congrats on winning your battle! Happy growing :D

pink.sara
June 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joining in with congratulatory :cheese:

It's been good to catch up on your progress every now and again and it's great to hear you are on your way to BSL, it starts to feel properly "long" to me at this stage so I hope you are enjoying it :)

mckellyn
June 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
You rock!!!!! :cheese:

I know it sucks waiting for hair to grow... it feels like it can take forever... but you'll be there before you know it!

spidermom
June 15th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Congratulations on your victory, and happy growing!

browneyedsusan
June 15th, 2012, 07:04 AM
ATTA-GIRL!!!
How scary for you! A few neighbor girls--my age--have been through chemo and all the nasty stuff that goes with it. I'm so glad you're doing well! Fantastic job with your recovery and that beautiful head of hair! :happydance:

Kiwiwi
June 15th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'm so happy for you that you beat cancer!
I wish you much health and happiness!

I cut my hair short (like 1cm) in june 2009 and I now am touching BSL, not there yet though. It's been 3 years and I've had just a few tiny trims/dustings. I believe I am an below average grower.
But we will get there! :)

dollyfish
June 15th, 2012, 08:39 AM
As everyone else has said: HUGE congratulations for kicking cancer's butt. Your beautiful hair can be your trophy :cheese:

Amethyste
June 15th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Very awesome growth and health leap!

thystle
June 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Just wanted to add my congratulations on your victory over cancer. Your hair is beautiful, and will only get more so, I'm sure.

My mother is just starting to lose her thick, gray hair from chemo (she had breast cancer surgery almost three months ago). I keep telling her it will come back the same or better!

kdaniels8811
June 15th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yhank you, thank you , thank you all for your congratulations. I wanted to let people know what to expect if growing our from bald and hope to be waist or beyond when my five year period is up (you are officially cured if it does not come back for five years). I am just happy to have health and hair!

MaryMarx
June 17th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Congratulations to you! Well done. :)