PDA

View Full Version : organic and natural brown dry shampoo without Aluminum!

gonzobird
June 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I am a health freakozoid. With everything. And I am growing out my natural color..level 7 light ashy-ish brown. (which I love now... never did before and looks awesome with the rest of my super coppery hair, total ombre... anyway)

I love dry shampoo. great for volume amongst other things. I HATE that all dry shampoos are loaded with chemicals.. . I can't stand white powdery ones either. I know they almost need to be loaded with things that rant so good to work properly, but I want the best of both worlds. A brunette dry shampoo all natural style. :)

THis is the one I love..... http://labelm.com/uk/product/367/label.m-dry-shampoo-brunette.

(I try not to use this one too much.. It doesn't have aluminum, but is loaded with everything else. It would be one thing spray things on my ends, which I don't do, but spraying straight chemicals into my scalp freaks me out.And this is the ONLY chemical thing I use. If I could rid of this....and find something better... that would be awesome!)

This one is pretty stinking good.... natural, wonderful, pretty much corn starch and scent... but its white. grrrr. Isn't super obvious, but I don't like the white...
http://www.skinnyskinny.com/hair-care-c-15.html

Ive tried a million dry shampoos. Its not that a bunch don't work wonderfully, but I don't want to put all that chemical crap on my scalp.

Im wondering..... would it be crazy to add coco powder to my skinyskinny one... or better yet... dehydrated coffee like a starbucks via? ( I say that one even though I don't like their coffee too much, but because the powder itself is super fine and would blend nicely. )

Anybody have any suggestions or ideas??? I just washed today so in the next few dys ahead I may try to add that coffee to my skinny skinny dry stamp... but what else can I do??:poot:

Jade_Pixie
June 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
I hear of people using straight up cocoa powder, I haven't tried it mjyself yet but I imagine it would work alright :)

Hollyfire3
June 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Cocoa powder is great, but be sure to rub it in really well!

Arya
June 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
coffee is oily, probably wouldn't help. What if you sat a whole bunch of different brownish powders on a piece of paper, and see which ones turn the paper oily? That's the only way I can think to test it...

Hollyfire3
June 14th, 2012, 10:20 PM
coffee is oily, probably wouldn't help. What if you sat a whole bunch of different brownish powders on a piece of paper, and see which ones turn the paper oily? That's the only way I can think to test it...

That's a great idea! I would never have thought of that.:)

HintOfMint
June 15th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I've used unsweetened cocoa powder from Trader Joe's as a dry shampoo with success. Make sure to wipe your parting so the cocoa doesn't stay on your skin and give a dark stain.

torrilin
June 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
All a dry shampoo needs to contain is an oil absorbing powder. Cornstarch works, and cocoa powder works. The main advantage of the spray formulations is they're less messy than sprinkling a shaker jar over your head :P

gonzobird
June 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Thank you for all the replies!

Things on a piece of paper... great idea.

Coffee IS oily. Didn't think of that.crap. :) Im gonna try the coco idea....

Thanks again everybody! :)