PDA

View Full Version : Ladys (and Gents!) I Think I may be on to something!!

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
So earlier today I decided I should wash my hair, but really wanted to try a SMT. Well, I didn't have and AVG, so I decided to make up my own kind of treatment! It's sitting on my head now, and I will post results in about a hour and a half.
The recipe includes (in different quantities): Oats, peanut butter, EVOO, Sauve Naturals conditioner, Garnier Fruitis 3 minute undo, 3 minute miracle, honey, and water (to cook the oats). All of these seemed relatively good for hair, so i used them.
The recipe could be simplified to Oats, Peanut butter, honey, and conditioner.

So I began cooking the oats, and once they became halfway cooked, I microwaved some honey and added it, and some peanut butter. Then the conditioners and EVOO. I added those and let them all get warm under low heat, while mixing. I took it to my shower and made up some ACV rinse and put that in my shower.. Then I began my shower :-)
First I put the sauve conditioner on my ends and let that sit while I worked diluted Sauve shampoo on my roots/scalp area. Then rinse. Then I did the ACV rinse and worked that all over my hair and ends, everywhere! Left that on for a minute then rinsed.
Then I began working the treatment in my hair, oh boy.. That was messy! I worked it all over as oats began falling everywhere.. I put it up in a bun and jumped out of my shower to put a bag over my bun, then I put on a shower cap. Jumped back in my shower and washed off these darn oats from all over my body!
Got out and put a towel over my shower cap and let it begin to sit as I am typing this up.

If anyone wants, I can type up a much better process.

** THIS TREATMENT IS VERY MESSY, I recommend doing it outside, as the oats did not wash down my shower drain. - Also recommend having a paper towel in hand while it sits to wipe off seepage from the shower cap.
** It does not take much for this treatment, I made about 3x more than I needed on my MBL hair.

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Just washed it out after a hour and 15 minutes. Small particles of oats left in, will easily be removed with BBB. Feels different than after I condition, not sure if thats a good thing. Will update when hair is dry. :-)

akilina
June 14th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I love to switch up my smt a little bit. I usually only switch a little...like putting oil in it as well and not using honey in it. I used honey for the first time and my hair didnt feel good at all.
Usually with my smt it feels amazinggg. I even got a non LHC friend to do it :)

jacqueline101
June 14th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sounds interesting.

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hair smells like peanutbutter oats. Maybe I should try grinding up the oatmeal into a powder. Try using ALOT more conditioner ( i used way more oats than conditioner this time).

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I love to switch up my smt a little bit. I usually only switch a little...like putting oil in it as well and not using honey in it. I used honey for the first time and my hair didnt feel good at all.
Usually with my smt it feels amazinggg. I even got a non LHC friend to do it :)
I was just trying to come up with my own little recipe. :-)

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I wonder if the oatmeal is better when cooked.

kitschy
June 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Sounds good enough to eat. Maybe even better to eat than put on my head. :D

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sounds good enough to eat. Maybe even better to eat than put on my head. :D

I accidently tasted it a few times while making it, note to self: conditioner does not taste good!!

SpinDance
June 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Interesting concoction. I look forward to reading how it does for you longer term. I have found that AVG and my hair don't get along, so last couple times I did a DT I just used honey and conditioner (Suave Naturals Pomegranate I happened to have handy), about half and half. It worked quite well. I'll probably keep trying with different conditioners, though, maybe GF Triple Nutrition, since it is so much richer.

lapushka
June 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Even though I think it might be nice to come up with something for your hair, oats seem a little too far fetched and difficult for my taste. Seriously, oats... in your hair? :shocked:
Anyway I'm glad it worked for you and that you like it. :flower:

Dreamers91
June 14th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Even though I think it might be nice to come up with something for your hair, oats seem a little too far fetched and difficult for my taste. Seriously, oats... in your hair? :shocked:

I was thinking of when people take baths in oats and it helps moisturize their skin, but honestly the oats were a pain!
IF I decided to do this again, I would either turn the oats into a power-like substance, or do without them entirely.
The peanut butter scent will not go away, and I'm not a big fan, so since I've already shampoo'd today, I'm thinking of doing a CO wash to get rid of the scent.

Overall- Was not impressed with my little mix!
* Would not recommend over my usual EVOO before wash & Coconut oil after.

Oh well! Atleast it was worth a try :cheese:

jeanniet
June 14th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I can see oats being stuck in my hair for days, never mind my drains. I don't think I'd try peanut butter, either, just because it would be hard to get out (of my hair, anyway). The rest of it, not so bad!

lapushka
June 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Just a thought, but maybe you could soak the oats, then use the water (filter the oats out) for a moisturizing treatment - just the water, with other goodies added. That way you won't have to pick oats out of your hair.

moon2dove
June 15th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Sounded interesting, but I don't fancy peanut butter in my hair either!

Oh, well it was a good try OP..:)