PDA

View Full Version : The Split-Ender?

carolinaberry
June 14th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Hey. I just saw a product called "The Split-Ender"...it is a device that supposedly just trims the very ends of each hair, even if your hair is different lengths...all the way down.

Have any of you used this? It seems like it would be a lot easier that S&D. It's pricey...but it could be an investment if it works as advertised. I'm not posting a link, b/c I'm not sure if that would violate terms of service.

I just want opinions on if it works...or for the more experienced members-do you guys think this would work?

afu
June 14th, 2012, 03:33 AM
I think there are a couple of other threads on here about this device, a few people have tried them and I think the general consensus from past threads was that they were a no-no because they cut with a razer, the razer can't be sharpened, it cuts healthy hair as well as splits and it doesn't work well on the very ends of your length. I'm sure someone will pop up and give a better answer though

pepperminttea
June 14th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Be wary. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1643549#post1643549) shudder:

boofles
June 14th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I was considering one until very recently as I had only read the start of a thread here where it all seemed positive and amazing - then I saw the end of the threat (as linked above) and saw how they felt after a while and changed my mind quite quickly!

carolinaberry
June 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you for the advice. Pepperminttea, THANK YOU for the link to the other thread! I was only considering getting it because I have so many razored in layers that each hair is a different link, so it makes it difficult to try to get at every damaged end. I will just deal with it until they are at a better length!