PDA

View Full Version : Report of trim

thinkfirst
July 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks for all the advice on trimming.
I usually get trims at a local beauty school.
The student said she had done hundreds of haircuts and this was the first long hair she had cut.
I began at 35 inches and she cut to 30 inches and some layers up to 28 inches.
Its a very gentle U shape and I like how the ends lay a bit smoother now.
Although, since its been very windy - I haven't worn it down!

I have been uncovering my old hairtoys that could not be used because my hair was too long. It's been fabulous. Now I am more skilled at using them. So its like getting new stuff! I have also discovered the new flexible hair bands. Have y'all found these? For slick straight hair they are great
http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/402823.jpg

I really love being able to give myself a scalp massage while washing. There was just too much weight and hair to do it properly before. And now the color is a little more even with the gray coming in the top and the brown trimming off the bottom. Here's the trim - from hip length to midback.

http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/thinkfirst2008.JPG

TammySue
July 31st, 2008, 12:33 PM
Hi Thinkfirst! Your trim turned out just great! I have always loved your hair and I'm glad that you are enjoying it! :)

JessTheMess
July 31st, 2008, 12:35 PM
Your hair looks awesome! You must be so siked on being able to use your toys :) That headband looks super confortable. I'll have to invest in one

bex487
July 31st, 2008, 12:48 PM
That headband is so neat!

Your hair looks gorgeous, too. I always go to beauty schools, I think they do a great job.

Curlsgirl
July 31st, 2008, 02:42 PM
Great!! I am so glad you are happy with it. It looks great either way!

Cinnia
July 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Looks nice and thick to me!
Cant wait to reach your lenght :)

eadwine
July 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM
I saw the headbands indeed.. Too bad they are so wide on top here. No narrow ones.

WavyGirl
August 1st, 2008, 02:09 AM
You hair looks lovely. I'm really glad you're so happy with the results of your trim. :flower:

Little_Bird
August 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
Hey, that's not mid-back, that's waist lenght :) It looks wonderfull, and it's great that you like it better now after the trim. Congratulations on your beautyfull hair!

yogachic
August 1st, 2008, 07:28 AM
I haven't seen that headband. I don't have straight hair though.
Your trim looks great. I'm glad you are so happy with it.

bunnii
August 1st, 2008, 07:31 AM
Your hair looks good. and the hairtoy looks fun :D

burns_erin
August 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
Oh, I love those headbands and must have at least a dozen, some are superwide, some super thin and a few in the middle. I usually get them at Wal-Mart's or Bedbath and Beyond.

OhioLisa
August 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM
I think your trim looks great! Your hair looks so lovely and soft! :) I'm glad you're enjoying it more.

Flaxen
August 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM
It's so good to see you, thinkfirst! :grin: Your hair looks lovely in that picture, and hooray for becoming an expert with the hairtoys! :cheese: