PDA

View Full Version : 1 yr LHC anniversary and almost 3 mos since my big chop- Pics!

kidari
June 13th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I had really horribly damaged hair most of my adult life from daily washing, daily heat styling, and monthly coloring. I just got sick of all the hassle and time I spent on my hair and went to my natural color and wore it chin length or shorter for over a year. Gradually, I discovered that my natural hair, when it's not damaged is really nice. I started growing on my own and accidentally found LHC about a year ago. I thought that my hair was already in good condition and didn't think it could improve but it did thanks to LHC! I love you guys and I love all that LHC has taught me. My hair and I thank you for it. Here is a pic of when I started growing it out, when I joined a year ago it was actually a few inches longer than the picture.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_4399.jpg

I grew to waist and did a ton of experimenting as well as finally completely getting rid of some lingering old habits such as daily washing, backcombing, etc.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_9785.jpg

Along with tons of experimenting (some good and some bad). I did have some drawbacks. I got sick of the length and craved ombre highlights and tons of layers. I did all these myself and I messed up and cut in so many layers it looked really bad. The bleach damage wasn't helping either. So in March I cut off about 4 inches. It's grown back since. Below are before, after, and now.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_0034-1.jpg
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_0082.jpg
http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_0190.jpg

So, it took me a year to finally quit some bad habits for good. I've made a few more changes to my hair routine and made two huge mistakes and learned from them. Year #2 is going to me even more fun and hopefully more productive growth-wise. Sorry for the super long post and thanks for reading :).

letibear
June 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! Great progress, you did a wonderful job!

CurlyCap
June 13th, 2012, 11:41 PM
This is all over a year and some change? YOUR HAIR GROWS SO FAST!

Lol, you're one of those wonder women who can try any style because it'll grow out by the next year. So awesome.

Your hair looks shiney and thick. Congrats on the awesome growth and care!

kidari
June 13th, 2012, 11:45 PM

Lol, you're one of those wonder women who can try any style because it'll grow out by the next year. So awesome.

Thank you. lol actually I couldn't maintain short hair because I had to go to the salon every 4 weeks to get it cut again. It was a hassle. The first year it grew about 10 inches with no trims.

joflakes
June 14th, 2012, 12:29 AM
It looks really lovely and you're so lucky to have all that growth over one year!

Zesty
June 14th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Your hair looks awesome, I love the waves/curls! Congrats on an awesome year. :)

woolyleprechaun
June 14th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Wow,congratulations! Thats some growth!

Ticky
June 14th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Congratulations, it looks lovely!

kidari
June 14th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Your hair looks awesome, I love the waves/curls! Congrats on an awesome year. :)

Thank you, sadly they're not natural but styled (heat-free of course!) Also, the first picture is very misleading because when I joined LHC it was a few inches longer than that picture.

Tota
June 14th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Congrats and great job!

pepperminttea
June 14th, 2012, 03:58 AM
That is insane amounts of growth! I love the layers, your hair looks so glamorous! :D

afu
June 14th, 2012, 04:08 AM
looks great, im so envious of your superfast growth rate! p.s. i also love your top/dress in that last pic :D

Trivial
June 14th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Congratulation! Like your hair alot! I agree with afu - love your dress!

MintChocChip
June 14th, 2012, 04:46 AM
So much growth, and such gorgeous, healthy hair!

LaFlor
June 14th, 2012, 07:02 AM
I'm having a big case of hair envy :blossom:

Mayflower
June 14th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Beautiful, beautiful hair! Congrats, it looks really healthy.

1nuitblanche
June 14th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Wow! I also think it looks like your hair grows fast, even if you did start a couple inches longer than in your "before" picture. Your new haircut looks nice too!

dollyfish
June 14th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I second what the rest of the thread has said! :) Amazing!

As an aside...where did you get that adorable dress you're wearing the last photo? I love it!

Bianca
June 14th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Looks great :) And loooove the dress in the last pic.

spidermom
June 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Very pretty!

RapunzelKat
June 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Beautiful hair! It looks super healthy now, and I love you color! Congrats on you one year :happydance:

Another fan of the shirt/dress in the last pic - very cute! :)

BrightEyes
June 14th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous, I love the color and curls.

Elanadi
June 14th, 2012, 11:11 AM
GORGEOUS hair!!!

jacqueline101
June 14th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Your hair looks good.

kidari
June 14th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I second what the rest of the thread has said! :) Amazing!

As an aside...where did you get that adorable dress you're wearing the last photo? I love it!

Wow thank you for all the sweet comments! The dress I'm wearing in the last picture is a maxidress I got secondhand from a Buffalo Exchange near my area. I recognize the brand as one that Victoria's Secret carries in their catalogs and online only- in the past their clothing is very hit or miss for me though. I love the dress because it was $15 USD lol.

catamonica
June 14th, 2012, 11:08 PM
You have beautiful hair. That is some fast growth!

AutumnJasmine
June 14th, 2012, 11:28 PM

I know! I'm so jealous!

Congrats! :cheese:

oktobergoud
June 15th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Your hair sure grows fast! It's very pretty, love the colour and texture! :)

lapushka
June 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on your progress! I love the way it looks now. :)

onlyforhim
June 16th, 2012, 03:15 AM
your hair is pretty