PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare I cut my hair!!

moeZy
June 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I've worn my hair really short much of my adult life (I'm 41) but I have had it long a couple of times. I guess a mid-life kind of "middle finger" to the mainstream idea that older women should have short hair, I am growing my hair now for two years from a pixie cut. It is now BSL (not all of the layers are there yet). Anyway, I must really have this deep in my brain now because I had a nightmare the other night I cut my hair! I woke up concerned and feeling my head. I felt really dismayed until I realized it was a dream! LHC is getting into my head.

moeZy
June 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Oh, and I really don't feel 41 at all. Time flies!

Mesmerise
June 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I've had nightmares like that too, and the first thing I do is grab my hair to make sure it is all still there!

And I wonder if we ever do actually feel our age when we start getting older (well some people seem to :D). Sometimes I have to remind myself, with a sense of disbelief, that I am actually 39 because it really doesn't seem feasible.

Hollyfire3
June 13th, 2012, 03:18 PM
There's a whole thread on hair dreams around here somewhere...its really not uncommon to have dreams like this because our subconcious takes over in dreams, so subconciously, you must really be worried about your hair.:D

swearnsue
June 13th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I dreamed that my hair was so long I had to be careful closing doors or my hair would get caught in the door. It was really cool, I could look down and see my hair swishing almost to the floor!

heidi w.
June 13th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I've worn my hair really short much of my adult life (I'm 41) but I have had it long a couple of times. I guess a mid-life kind of "middle finger" to the mainstream idea that older women should have short hair, I am growing my hair now for two years from a pixie cut. It is now BSL (not all of the layers are there yet). Anyway, I must really have this deep in my brain now because I had a nightmare the other night I cut my hair! I woke up concerned and feeling my head. I felt really dismayed until I realized it was a dream! LHC is getting into my head.

These kind of dreams happen to most of us at some point along our long hair journey. I've had nightmares about hair and teeth (the most common topic for me), and I've had wonderful long hair dreams.

Shake it off, and be sure to watch pleasant stuff or listen to pleasant stuff or read pleasant stuff before falling asleep. I am greatly influenced by the most recent input. Why I can't watch horror flicks because I quiver for a few days in a row, then.

heidi w.

heidi w.
June 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I've had nightmares like that too, and the first thing I do is grab my hair to make sure it is all still there!

And I wonder if we ever do actually feel our age when we start getting older (well some people seem to :D). Sometimes I have to remind myself, with a sense of disbelief, that I am actually 39 because it really doesn't seem feasible.

39 is not old. 52 is merely the beginning of getting older, and I'm that age. LOL

heidi w.

swearnsue
June 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I feel my age especially in the mornings when my joints are stiff but I remind myself that there are people that feel worse at a much younger age because of disabilities. Last night I was watching Tosh.0 and it was so funny and I laughed so much I thought I was going to throw up or pee my pants. At times like that I feel ageless.

dollyfish
June 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
I've worn my hair really short much of my adult life

This is probably why you had the dream. I've had similar dreams, because I've always had really short hair since around the age of 8. Often in my dreams I still have short hair, so now that I'm so focused on growing it I have dreams that I cut it and then look like my usual dream "persona" and it freaks me out! Dream-me and real-me have yet to match, it seems :laugh:

Micayla47
June 13th, 2012, 09:57 PM
39 is not old. 52 is merely the beginning of getting older, and I'm that age. LOL

heidi w.
52 is not the beginning of "old." it's the beginning of being "grown up"!!

Hgunderman
June 13th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I have had nightmares like that too! I always wake up in a cold sweat and then touch my hair and rejoice! :cheese:

ladylowtide
June 13th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I have nightmares about this (probably stemming from a couple of hair cuts, each one over 12 inches off, that were forced on me by my mom :( ).

Just a week a go I had horrible dream that I went into the salon and got the cutest layer, chunky shorty short bob. Looked in the mirror and just had this horrible feeling of dread like I had thrown years of my life down the toilet.... a wee dramatic right? but thats how dreams are.

I think these nightmares are more than made up for by the super long hair dreams :D

jacqueline101
June 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I've had nightmares about my hair getting cut and it was after my salon experience. I've learned to let go forget the negative.