PDA

View Full Version : Annoying braids

FireFromWithin
June 13th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I have been finding that since my hair passed BSL, braids that go down my back annoy me. I don't do many braided styles as I feel that I always get breakage with them but I like to do them for some things like going out.

It feels like my braid rubs up and down my back and I worry constantly that it is ruining the braid or damaging my hair more.

Does anyone else find this?

Zesty
June 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Yep, I definitely get that sensation myself. My braids are so heavy that there's a LOT of friction with my clothes and they get fuzzy quickly, and I can see breakage where I make braids if I do them often. Unfortunately lately it's unavoidable because I have to wear a hat and there's no room for a bun, even close to the nape of my neck.

Hgunderman
June 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, I definitely understand this! I always worry that I am rubbing the cuticle too much when my braids rub against my back. Generally I have been trying to avoid it by wearing the hair in a side braid that I just let hang over my shoulder towards my chest :)

jenni0416
June 13th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I get that feeling sometimes so I end up bunning the braid I just did :/

Elanadi
June 13th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I can't stand wearing braids down, they drive me nuts rubbing against my shirt, it's so distracting, lol.... I always pin them up so I don't have to feel them or think about them. :)

HintOfMint
June 13th, 2012, 11:37 PM
...aaand, this is why I do a side braid.

Although, I'm not really concerned about the braid and my hair as much as I'm annoyed by the tail of my braid itching my back. Even through a shirt, it's the weirdest thing.

SimplySmile
March 11th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Yes!!! I feel like whenever I wear a braid down my back that it is up to no good. It has a mind of it's own just hanging back there rubbing on everything, not to mention to uncomfortable feeling of sitting in your office chair for 8 hours with a big lump between your shoulder blades. I have found that either a single side braid or 2 pigtail braids is the best. I can pull them around front and then they just rest on my shoulders and I can keep an eye on them. I don't feel that they rub back and forth nearly as much also.

Beeboo123
March 11th, 2019, 10:56 AM
I only wear a braid if my clothing is really soft and smooth. I feel that the rubbing damages hair. And i don’t like braids much because i worry about the braid tassel getting damaged, i roll the ends of my braid up and use a claw clip, which looks a bit silly tbh

HaMalka
March 11th, 2019, 09:26 PM
Wearing a braid down my back annoys me. It gets frizzy and can feel weird hitting my back primarily because I wear my hair in a bun the majority of my waking hours. It getting tangled in my legs is what really annoys me though. Its like wearing a sash with heavy ends trailing down to my ankles that love wrapping itself around my legs if I'm wearing pants or a knee length or calf length skirt. If I am wearing an ankle length or floor length skirt the skirt keeps it from tangling with my legs.