PDA

View Full Version : Ewwww, what should I do about this???

Blackfire
June 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM
My ends were getting cunchy, so I got out the clarifier and tried that yesterday, slept with it up after it dried and woke up with the nastiest, tangliest, dryest, most COATED feeling hair! I tried to oil with co, went to work and when I got home it was even grosser and thicker and more matted! What should I do? Clarify again or moisture treatment? I cant tell what the beast needs!!!!

(could it have been because I didnt DT after clarifying????) :confused:

pepperminttea
June 13th, 2012, 09:31 AM
What did you use to clarify?

Although for future reference, unless you're doing a 'hair diagnosis' thing, I'd always do a DT after clarifying to offset the dryness. :)

Blackfire
June 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
My mistake my have been trying to condition twice and leave it on less time.... I Use neutrgina clarifier, the one in the little clear bottle that comes in a box. I usually use it every few weeks and it usually makes me hair feel great..... I now have a good few handfuls of co on my length, gonna sleep with it bagged and wash with my regular sulfate free and see if its any better... anyone have any ideas??? :(

snowcloud
June 13th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I still have a little difficulty with some of the lingo but.. from what i understand you clarified your head of all the oil.. put your hair up and slept.. and then BAM.. not good?

Hmm.. It seems that your sebum may have over reacted to the clarifier although, it should not have totally coated your hair over night.. That is the one part I am confused on.. What exactly do you mean by coated.. It seems odd what has happened to you.. You cleaned it and woke up dirty? :confused:

RitaCeleste
June 13th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Just deep condition it. Maybe oil the ends which are crunchy. I like to pre oil my hair. I put a nice amount of oil in my hair and just leave it for two or three hours, longer if I can stand it. Then I put the conditioner on it for at least 30 mins so all the extra oil will rinse away in the shower and I condition it one last time just make sure I'm oil free and conditioned. My ends really want to be dry and stiff if they don't have a little oil put on them before they fully dry out. Its just the difference deep treating and oiling can make on the ends, you can get them back in better condition.

PixxieStix
June 13th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah, it just needs some deep conditioning. It'll be fine. ^_^

Blackfire
June 14th, 2012, 09:11 AM
The co helped! but yeah snowcloud, more or less cleaned it, went to bed, woke up with feeling like it was coated in something waxy.... guess it was actually just dry though! WIIIERDDD!!!

WaterMusic
June 14th, 2012, 10:00 AM
It kind of sounds like what my hair does when it gets a protein overload. But the treatment for that is a ton of moisture, so either way moisture should fix it. If not, come back and we can try to brain storm something else.